E46 Part and Service Cost II

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
My bill

FYI, done some minor repair of my E46 N42 and hope to share with all members.

1) 11287524267 Tensioner $300
2) 12147518628 Intake camshaft sensor $350
3) 17127506128 Top water hose $200

Labour inclusive replacing sensor, tensioner, topwater hose, fan belt, erase and reset fault code after repairing. $100

TOTAL $950 done in Ipoh New Age Auto
:rolleyes: Feeling the hose a bit expensive but the rest ok especially the labour very reasonable.

Just got my 2001 E46 325 few days back. Sent it to Ah Meng today. Knew him already from friends who have bimmers and I go there at times with them just to chat with him.

Anyway, my first damage (note Ah Meng always lumps his prices together with labour):

1. Engine oil + filter : RM300
2. Front brake pad : RM160
3. Oil level sensor : RM370
4. MF Battery : RM430
5. ATF oil change + filter +gasket: RM600

Didn't want to leave car there overnight so will be another round as still some items left over like engine mounting & lower arms.

Might be down to individual preference but I find Ah Meng to be a nice chap who takes care in his work. He takes trouble to explain things to you and never forces anything on you.

As for the pricing, well as a newbie, I have to start somewhere. So here's hoping someone can tell me if what I paid is reasonable, or whether I'm being taken advantage of.

Cheers all! Enjoying finally being a true UDM member.......

2nd round of repairs. Needed 2 day at workshop for the drive shaft repair.

1. Drive shaft repair: RM400
2. Engine mounting: RM400
3. Lower arm: RM1400

Now car is running as smooth as can be expected from a 6 year old car. Looking forward to really testing the car out now. Hopefully nothing breaks in that process :D

i just sent E46 318 facelifted for service this is the casualty which kinda ok
Oil service Helix Ultra
Oil flter, inspections, diagnostic, balancing and alignment - RM470
Put a reverse sensor for - RM480 (this my wife demanded it...before she comes back with a dent)

I was asking the mech shud i change this and that ...and he says everything is ok after checking. wanted to change my atf and all, he says its only brownish color and still can be used until the next oil service...(kinda shocked really with all the potong kepala going on). current mileage is 72k. what do u guys think

e46 parts & maintenance

my recent service 318i (2000) In Penang.

a) 1 Gal Engine Oil (full syn) = 188
Caltex

b) oil filter = 42

c) coolant (x2 bottle) = 35

d) Engine flush (1x can) = 25

labour + gen checkup = 38
-------

e) 2 pcs engine mounting = 320
labour = 80

GRAND TOTAL ========== 728

E46 Part and Service Cost II

Start New Thread - Copy relevant information from other thread.

(Filtered Version).

Hi guys,

Yesterday I did changed my E46 facelift lamp from orange to white.
Front signal ( white ) - RM 200 per pair
Rear lamp ( red-white-red ) - RM 850 per pair

facelift lamps...

acidburn;242499 said:
Hi guys,

Yesterday I did changed my E46 facelift lamp from orange to white.
Front signal ( white ) - RM 200 per pair
Rear lamp ( red-white-red ) - RM 850 per pair

The price that I was quoted, RM110 for the front signal lamp and RM90 for the front small signal lamps on the fender. So total RM200. Was thinking of installing it myself... I got the rear lamps for RM400 with wiring kit(was open box unit, unused, someone bought it and decided to sell off the car) fitted it myself... now waiting for a secondhand pair of white lights front from my friend's half cut shop... FOC.

Joey Low

Engine oil

yo bimmers,:rock:
mine is 320i 2.0 6cyl doube vanos
need advice fr our fella bimmers
wut is the most suitable/the best eng oil for my kind?:dontknow:
i heard we must find the correct eng oil designed for bimmer to enhance its performn
any idea fellas?

rgds,

hi members, me too face the same problem with ahjoe76... mine is e46 325..

any sifus please help...

and please indicate the service interval..

i heard some said have to change the oip every 25k km.... but some said have to change withinn 10km and how about the oil filter..

kindly guide

TQ

hi hi all bmw bimmer, u knw why in germany-munich bmw manufa. factory produce all car call 'BMW'? hahahaha.........the answer is 'BANYAK MAKAN WANG - BMW' u knw!!!!!! dun wory...if yr car still hv problem u must be thinking like 'bmw banyak makan wang saya lah........................heheeeee.....:stupid:

After taking delivery of my 318i E46 01/02 M43 on 4/6/07, the first thing i did was installed the Cobra Alarm System (Metalink) for RM1650 at Welldone Audio Accessories in Sg Besi on 16/6/07.

BTW, I only have one key for my recon 318i. Any bro's can advise on how to get another set?

QD250;243943 said:
After taking delivery of my 318i E46 01/02 M43 on 4/6/07, the first thing i did was installed the Cobra Alarm System (Metalink) for RM1650 at Welldone Audio Accessories in Sg Besi on 16/6/07.

BTW, I only have one key for my recon 318i. Any bro's can advise on how to get another set?

U better check with your dealer. There should be at least 2 set, if u r lucky, u should have 4.

keys

aramis;243946 said:
U better check with your dealer. There should be at least 2 set, if u r lucky, u should have 4.

Bro,

mine is a grey import from japan...... so how? asked, but they also have only the one they gave me....

confused.....

there's 2 threads..... one on parts & services; the other on parts & maintenance....

isn't the 2 similar?

Guyz,

Got my 320i 2.2 serviced last saturday at M-Speed.Ah Meng did it by himself.

Engine Oil + Oil Filter = RM340.00

This week need to go back there to change expansion tank which is recomended to be changed every 5 years.

Cost for Expansion tank = RM300.00

The car feels much better after changing the engine oil.:top:

psv;244244 said:
Guyz,

Got my 320i 2.2 serviced last saturday at M-Speed.Ah Meng did it by himself.

Engine Oil + Oil Filter = RM340.00

This week need to go back there to change expansion tank which is recomended to be changed every 5 years.

Cost for Expansion tank = RM300.00

The car feels much better after changing the engine oil.:top:

Yes shld arnd that price range.

Got my 325i serviced 2 weeks ago at M-Speed. Engine Oil + Oil Filter = RM340.
Last week, change suspension Boge Original front & rear, all in RM1600. Also in M-Speed.

Top Bottom