E46 headlights questions?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

adr

Club Guest
hi to all sifus,i would like to ask about 330i E46 oem headlights. Beside them, which other E46 have the same headlights and will be able to direct fitted into a E46 2002 post FL?another one is, is there anyone here familiar with the welcome headlights?thanks and cheers!

Good question :)

Im also doing the same project "Retrofitting" other makes and mods to my pre-facelift Model... to hopefully not so monstrous yet fitting style...

Well for Post-FL i think it will be easier to retro-mod urs...

"Welcome Light" or to say Remote light have the same effect... where when you engage Central Lock it will lit your angel/demon light and the signal lights...
Turn ON for a while then dim out

Do contact bro Aidilj... He had made quite a discovery with Remote functions :)

Good Luck

I think all other facelifted headlights can fit into each other. What are you planning to do?

xcrave, I didn't discover that, merely followed instructions and posted my installation steps. "welcome light" as you mentioned is a retrofit/mod while follow-me-home lights is factory standard

[video=youtube;91O5B3GWgfw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91O5B3GWgfw&feature=related[/video]

aidilj;638687 said:
I think all other facelifted headlights can fit into each other. What are you planning to do?

xcrave, I didn't discover that, merely followed instructions and posted my installation steps. "welcome light" as you mentioned is a retrofit/mod while follow-me-home lights is factory standard

[video=youtube;91O5B3GWgfw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91O5B3GWgfw&feature=related[/video]

Well you did a great job to just ignore it :)

I am actually working on a headlight retrofit project as well, slow progress since low on fund. Will post detail when it is done..

I have a Morimoto Kit Stage 3 with E46-R Shroud... since ive already have HID on its the last thing i need to get the full conversion...

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=227

Its a 2.5" Lens i kinda like the idea that morimoto is compact and with my angel eyes installed you really can see the shadow between the 90mm Angel eyes...

had to order a brand new Angel eyes just for the retro fit... oh well...

BTW

I think we need a new thred bro... keep hijacking people thread :p

Owh heck you spoiled the fun. Morimoto is nice since its small, so it will be easy to retrofit. For me I will say as much as this, FXR. Do share your project when its ready..

Cheers

Morimoto is small and easy.. but there is one particular feature im goin to self mod to get this effect :p

0.jpg

See tht breaks in light prism just above the beam concentration? that is something FX-R would have but in morimoto it need to be calibrated with modding of deflector shield...

images

Since our UDM can adjust higher or lower bulb concentration path... this my friend will be an interesting mod in the end :p

xcrave;638953 said:
Morimoto is small and easy.. but there is one particular feature im goin to self mod to get this effect :p

0.jpg

See tht breaks in light prism just above the beam concentration? that is something FX-R would have but in morimoto it need to be calibrated with modding of deflector shield...

images

Since our UDM can adjust higher or lower bulb concentration path... this my friend will be an interesting mod in the end :p

that light profile is for left hand drive..

jarance;638966 said:
that light profile is for left hand drive..

I'm hoping that the picture is just something he use to show the cutoff not his actual projector.. Modifying the shield from LHD to RHD is a pain.

tot of getting the eagles eye front and rear lights....any comments or any body using it??? hows the product???

aidilj;638972 said:
I'm hoping that the picture is just something he use to show the cutoff not his actual projector.. Modifying the shield from LHD to RHD is a pain.

Yeah its just for sample since my KIT is still OTW...

neways found this instead for those ho may want to buy LHD light which sometimes are more cheaper...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8700240

BTW its actually very simple mod to swith left to right hand... just change the cutoff plate... no biggie... just want to mod to get that purple cutoff that one i want to do :p

eujinee;638973 said:
tot of getting the eagles eye front and rear lights....any comments or any body using it??? hows the product???

I think if you go for eagle eyes would be no worries they are one of the best aftermarket light available in Malaysia... unless you want something special :) then go retrofit!

xcrave;639037 said:
Yeah its just for sample since my KIT is still OTW...

neways found this instead for those ho may want to buy LHD light which sometimes are more cheaper...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8700240

BTW its actually very simple mod to swith left to right hand... just change the cutoff plate... no biggie... just want to mod to get that purple cutoff that one i want to do :p

Well xcrave it seems easily done with E90 projector not with E46. Initially I also thought it is as easy as just flipping the plates whatnot, until I got the projectors. Pictures below is the AL projector where the shield is thick and I concluded that modifying is not viable..

Cheers

IMG_3150.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

Errr.... Im ordering a Stage III so it comes with complete Shroud+lens+mounting and such to complete the process...

This is how it look detached...

MiniDisassembly.jpg

The view of the cutoff plate...

SolenoidRemoved.jpg

Need to reverse the cutoff I---I figure it need to be drawn on paper as guide before that one done... but as what ive read... the un modded one are already non glaring... and cut off are basically aiming higher light on the right side (of LHD) which is still not a problem since high light are not moded in this stage...

Mind you mine are non projectors so Highlight are on the inner bowl...

Correct me if im wrong... then again the item are yet to arrive so we'll just need to see if its a real RHD set or not :(

xcrave, hope you will spend some time reading this http://www.theretrofitsource.com/trs_tech.php

With the wrong shield, LHD shield in RHD country, you will blind oncoming cars due to the beam pattern, it is most important that you get the correct shield. My projector is for LHD, so currently project is on hold..

If you are buying morimoto H1 which is bixenon you might as well use the projector to handle high beams as well. As you can see, it already have the solenoid, you just need to wire it up.

Yup... that what ive seen as well the solenoid also need minor adjustment before mounting procedure... ive ordered a RHD module but after some thinking ... panic myself after thinking maybe ive ordered the wrong set... but after check back i confirm its for RHD... phew...

Top Bottom