E46 318 Aircon Problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

leonard

Club Guest
Dear All,The aircon control panel where u control the temperature, fan speed etc. konc oredi. Mine is year 2000, is it supposed to last only 5 years or am I just unlucky ?? Replaced with a used unit which cost me RM900 at M1 Segambut. Any idea whether the price is reasonable ?? Not sure about the price of a new one! I am still keeping the old one, tot of getting it repaired, does anyone have idea where can I sent it to ?? Bcos I m not sure how long will the used unit last ??? just want to have a standby !Thanks!

M1 Segambut price is quite standard. Compare to outside, it slightly on the high side but they usually solve your problem first time round. I have been using their service for 7 years.. So far no complain. (except no nice girl to look at.)

If you think that their price is unreasonable, you can talk to Mr. Lee of M1.

Hi Jarance,

ya agreed, no nice gal but got two aunties there ! Mr. Lee seems to be a nice guy..... All these whiles I tot the price there is kinda fixed but its nice to hear from u tat there is room for negotiation!!

Has ur aircon control panel give u any problem so far ? mine kaput only after 5 years ... is this common ? I off the A/C button each time I stop the engine and on it again when I start the car again (believe this is a good practice) but since it kaput so fast, I begin to wonder whether this practice is good for the aircon but bad for the electronics ??

Checked out a new unit cost 3000+ at AB but can get it at 2000+ outside.

Rgds,

Originally posted by leonard@Jul 28 2005, 03:29 PM
Hi Jarance,

ya agreed, no nice gal but got two aunties there ! Mr. Lee seems to be a nice guy..... All these whiles I tot the price there is kinda fixed but its nice to hear from u tat there is room for negotiation!!

Has ur aircon control panel give u any problem so far ? mine kaput only after 5 years ... is this common ? I off the A/C button each time I stop the engine and on it again when I start the car again (believe this is a good practice) but since it kaput so fast, I begin to wonder whether this practice is good for the aircon but bad for the electronics ??

Checked out a new unit cost 3000+ at AB but can get it at 2000+ outside.

Rgds,
ya, that right two aunties.. they been working there quite long..

Mine is e36, Not much electronic hence not much problem.

So far, I never OFF the aircon in order to start my engine.. Done it for & years and still no problem.

Only time when i off the aircon is when the battery is weak..

yalor, now I oso dont off my aircon anymore, maybe that's y my AC control unit kaput-- cos being "too smart" .....

hello guys, i got problem with my a/c.When switch on a/c hot air come out from the driver and middle side but the other side (passenger) come out with cool air. The a/c control unit is set to auto mode with temp. 16. Anybody have experience about this and please share with me.

Top Bottom