e39 quad exhaust experience

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

vinode

Club Guest
Hi guys,I'm thinking of modifying my 523i to have quad tailpipes. I have seen projects like this before abroad but with the resources available in Malaysia (JB), what can I expect? Can a custom builder do a decent job? If so who / where? Will I need to lose my spare tyre? Is a quad arrangement too much for a 2.5l? I'm sure there must be members here who have done it. Appreciate any pointer's / info. Thanks.
untitled1.JPG
untitled.JPG

since u r located at jb....go heng heng xhaust at tmn tun aminah....ask roland la...he did it on his car....very nice hor....

quad

doramon;200974 said:
since u r located at jb....go heng heng xhaust at tmn tun aminah....ask roland la...he did it on his car....very nice hor....

dude

did mine on the car.No diff in power at all. if you have the M tech kit, the quad pipes is compulsary. Good luck dude.

opp;201276 said:
dude

did mine on the car.No diff in power at all. if you have the M tech kit, the quad pipes is compulsary. Good luck dude.

Thanks Doramon, for the info. I'll PM Roland for some info.

Dude, OPP, did you custom build yours at a generic exhaust shop? Did you have to lose your spare tyre? Mind sharing with us your budget and maybe some pictures? I know what you mean about the M tech kit and the quad pipes. Sweeeet:cool:. I'm having dreams about it already.....

opp;201276 said:
dude

yoo.. bro... where u go do it leh, can share? Gatal gatal la... everytime i look at my bimmers butt, it reminds me of a mother goose's arse going for a swim :rolleyes: hence need to mod soon ....

If i use standard E36 bumper... u think can fit ka?

vinode;201284 said:
Thanks Doramon, for the info. I'll PM Roland for some info.

Dude, OPP, did you custom build yours at a generic exhaust shop? Did you have to lose your spare tyre? Mind sharing with us your budget and maybe some pictures? I know what you mean about the M tech kit and the quad pipes. Sweeeet:cool:. I'm having dreams about it already.....

You got PM bro. Take a look at the member's bmw thread. I think I have some pics there on how my conversion was done... Cheers!

sesat88;201304 said:
yoo.. bro... where u go do it leh, can share? Gatal gatal la... everytime i look at my bimmers butt, it reminds me of a mother goose's arse going for a swim :rolleyes: hence need to mod soon ....

If i use standard E36 bumper... u think can fit ka?

Hi sesat88,
I think most reputable exhaust shop can do the conversion. Afterall, this is Malaysia Boleh! Just have an inclination on how you want to do it before you approach the shop. This will help the worker to replicate the exact design that you want. If I can do it at JB, I'm sure that with so many shops at KL, the impossible will become possible! Happy modding!:)

on my way

roland1888;201308 said:
You got PM bro. Take a look at the member's bmw thread. I think I have some pics there on how my conversion was done... Cheers!

Thanks for the info, managed to find your post on the mod. I think I can figure out how to do it now. Anyway if the shop finds any difficulty I'll get back to you.

DSCN0007.jpg

OK, one step closer

No problem dude. Bear in mind that one side will be slightly "used" than the other. There is another way though... run a pipe horizontally across the muffler from the left side. This way, there will be equal air distribution across the tailpipes. My way of modding will look like there is another muffler on the right side if you are looking from the rear.

roland1888;201350 said:
No problem dude. Bear in mind that one side will be slightly "used" than the other. There is another way though... run a pipe horizontally across the muffler from the left side. This way, there will be equal air distribution across the tailpipes. My way of modding will look like there is another muffler on the right side if you are looking from the rear.

Roland,
'slightly used' or 'like new' ?
I have a friend whom all his quad exzos 'like new' from day one till now. Original AC tip summore.

But that is better that one-side 'hitam' and other side 'bersih'. Hope yours is not like this. ( Kalu mau tipu, kena tipu betul-betul, don't half-baked )

YAzid

quad

sesat88;201383 said:
JYazid..... yo bro....

Can ask where your friend where he do ke?

guys

kinda malu as the right side of my exhaust is not as dark as the left. all four are functional but the left side hitam only. May resort to spraying the ride side with black paint. hehe

Yup, all four are functioning but the ones on the right side will end up "cleaner" that the left ones. Like Leon said, nothing like a little spray painting can't do...

sesat88;201383 said:
JYazid..... yo bro....

Can ask where your friend where he do ke?

sesat, you mean the 'like new' exzos ...... senang ..any shop can do it ..... just 'tampal' the exzos tip and maintain the original exzos flow ..... but better don't do like that .... people will laugh at you and question 'why your exzos not hot la ..?'

Another easy way, which Roland suggest is the best .... but your e39 must have the double muffler exzos (original). Kalu single muffler need to do different way and you don't get balance 'smoke' color.

The only place I know done this in KL is at Jaafar's, Sunway. other shop, I tak tau.

YAzid

JYazid;201691 said:
sesat, you mean the 'like new' exzos ...... senang ..any shop can do it ..... just 'tampal' the exzos tip and maintain the original exzos flow ..... but better don't do like that .... people will laugh at you and question 'why your exzos not hot la ..?'
YAzid

Yazid is 101% betul...........tapi these days, ramai nak gaya aje........functional or not tak kisah, bro!;)

Jerman;201783 said:
Yazid is 101% betul...........tapi these days, ramai nak gaya aje........functional or not tak kisah, bro!;)

Oooii uncle, you saying me ah?! :mad:
Tell you secret.. I tried the SuperChip(TM).. Tell you more later.. :D

Anyways, my quads are functional.. Ran a pipe horizontally across the muffler. All pipes look equally dirty! Wooo hooo.. :D

JYazid;201691 said:

Another easy way, which Roland suggest is the best .... but your e39 must have the double muffler exzos (original). Kalu single muffler need to do different way and you don't get balance 'smoke' color.

The only place I know done this in KL is at Jaafar's, Sunway. other shop, I tak tau.

YAzid

bro.... tampal sini situ.. i tak main lerr...... malu malu la..... if find out hahahaah..

Hmm... i gi Jaafar one of these days and see what he thinks. :D

Mr Ffk @ Aeroplane

StRat;201800 said:
Oooii uncle, you saying me ah?! :mad:
Tell you secret.. I tried the SuperChip(TM).. Tell you more later.. :D

Anyways, my quads are functional.. Ran a pipe horizontally across the muffler. All pipes look equally dirty! Wooo hooo.. :D

wei MR FFK @ AEROPLANE why u terasa hah? good one lah jerman, uve made someone guilty hahahahaha

pegi daaaaaahhhhh yr quads are all functional, why can increase horse power ka?

Oooii.. lu betul-betul manyak kacau la :p

Can increase "chick magnet" and mental horsepower :D

Top Bottom