e39 mileaae

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

moots

Club Guest
howdy gents,i've owned my current e34 for 10 good years and it's time to move on.i have found a '97 528i uk import.engine and garbox is smooth and it drives nice.mileage is 140k miles equivalent to approx 220k kms.shud i be concerned about the high mileage?the engine has had a total overhaul in 2001.not too sure what the gearbox has gone thru tho. so my Q is,with all you current owners of the e39,who has the hightest mileage car still purring along and do you have issues with the gearbox?

moots;398335 said:
howdy gents,
i've owned my current e34 for 10 good years and it's time to move on.
i have found a '97 528i uk import.engine and garbox is smooth and it drives nice.mileage is 140k miles equivalent to approx 220k kms.shud i be concerned about the high mileage?the engine has had a total overhaul in 2001.not too sure what the gearbox has gone thru tho.

so my Q is,with all you current owners of the e39,who has the hightest mileage car still purring along and do you have issues with the gearbox?

mine is around 140k miles so far gearbox ok.
u should check the service record :top:

moots;398335 said:
howdy gents,
i've owned my current e34 for 10 good years and it's time to move on.
i have found a '97 528i uk import.engine and garbox is smooth and it drives nice.mileage is 140k miles equivalent to approx 220k kms.shud i be concerned about the high mileage?the engine has had a total overhaul in 2001.not too sure what the gearbox has gone thru tho.

so my Q is,with all you current owners of the e39,who has the hightest mileage car still purring along and do you have issues with the gearbox?

Salaam Bro,

Get the key and go to any authorized centre and check the actual mileage.

Yup get the car check wt GT1. Ur lucky if the engine already overhaul. Just spare 5k to 7k for gbox overhaul. If I were u just change the gear oil without flushing. I believe the price is cheap now. E39 is a good car & 528 is sufficient & wt tiptronic can kick some serious ass. Another thing check all the cooling system. My 528 already done 220k km & now in process of engine rebuilding. Next will be gbox but wait until it kaput. So far already change gear oil once & goin to change again soon. For me as long the car body is good & no accident you can always repair/change heart or transmission.
Get the car since its CBU which I believe built quality better than CKD. Just my 1 cent

Top Bottom