E36

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Wah pirce okie..any addtional acc like 17 or 18 inch rim ?

I found one in JB E36 year 99 asking rm68K. Mileage 112K,come with AC side mirror & Replica Hammann 17" rim.My budget RM62K still nego lar.Cheers

Hope that the owner can sell to me.

What yr load amount & interested rate?

cas, is this your first car or your first BMW?

if it is your first car, then you have to learn alot about car.

if it is your first udm, check out the maintenance thread by other. Your UDM need special TLC in order to serve you well.

hi bro, this is not my 1st car but this is my 1st udm, i took the loan for 54k 5% intrest rate for 7 years im jus confuse in one part, the JPJ inspection all is done,the bank has settled the payment to the owners bank, but i still havent get the car, they said it takes abt up to 2 weeks for the transfer process to be done and get the releasement letter, but my payment date has already been started

please advise

cas;204770 said:
bro pls advise what is TLC

TLC = Tender Loving Care.. Just like how you would treat a gal.. :D

An UDM is different from other japanese car that you may have driven where all you have to worry is whether your car got enough petrol or not.:D

There are various sensors that tell you that the car is going to have problem from the display on your dashboard. These are early warning sign to rectify it ASAP. Failing to do so will lead to consequential damage to your car.

eg.. there is oil service light which tell you when to change the oil. Even after you change the oil, you need to reset the service light.

eg.. brake pad worn out.. change the brake pads within 1000km or it will damage the brake sensor.

However, if you take good car of the car, it will serve you well and you would most probably will never buy another make.

cas;204769 said:
hi bro, this is not my 1st car but this is my 1st udm, i took the loan for 54k 5% intrest rate for 7 years im jus confuse in one part, the JPJ inspection all is done,the bank has settled the payment to the owners bank, but i still havent get the car, they said it takes abt up to 2 weeks for the transfer process to be done and get the releasement letter, but my payment date has already been started

please advise

I believe the owner/dealer does not want to hand over the car to you before the ownership is transferred to your name to avoid any summonnes/compounds picked up by you(if any).

cas;204769 said:

please advise

Be patient, you will get your car when all the paper works are done.

First thing to do is to change the oil, filter, sparks plug, petrol filter, air filter. this are the basic requirement.

Second, get the service record of the UDM from the previous owner. The service record will tell you what parts have been changed and parts are schedule for replacement.

Thirdly, if your engine is using timing belt, find out when it have been changed. The recommended period is 40,000 KM. (I have changed it at an interval of 60,000 KM) but DO NOT try to stretch it to 70,000 KM.

and I think you might have to replace the timing chain at an interval of 100,000 KM.

Lastly, after the basic work, it time to mod.. body kit, lower spring, absorber, performance filter, anti roll bar, tyres etc.. :cool:

hi bro, thanks for the tips and advise its really useful, that would be the first thing i'll do once i got my udm

bro cas...ur car surely using timing chain not timing belt....and i never heard timing chain need to be replace at interval 100,000km.:confused:

Cheers

Yeah, the timing chain should last as long as the engine.

Just change all the wear and tear parts like belts, water pump, thermostat, water hoses. And then enjoy the pleasure of driving a BMW :)

cas;204825 said:
its timing chain,sifus pls advise

Its variable advise actually. Some say no need to change, some say change. It depends on you. Anyway, changing will only incur abit of cost(RM hundreds) but peace of mind,at least until the next 100 000 km. Cheers!

jus got my udm today, i checked the service record the owner service it every 10k km, im about to send my udm for servicing, pls advise what i need to change and any recomended worksyop ? what are the prices like

previously the owner changed
Engine Oil
Front Brake Pads
Power steering fluid
Oil filter
Aircond fan belt
o-ring
2 Rear Tyres

sifus pls advise

Top Bottom