E36 Sound System Upgrade

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Kingrat

Club Guest
ok boys,Need your input since me gonna change my ancient sound system of my yellow e36. Current system is the standard head unit, with 10-disc changer in the boot (which went kaput when the mech re-tinted my car- mother f#$%% spray so much water on the rear window that it shorted my Changer). That was the last straw since the rear speaker also cracking when I play some music loud. The front door speaker no need to tell since almost some weird hissing only coming out.So I need within a budget of 2k, to pimp my sound system. I need the following, and I want you guys to recommend what to get :-a) New head unit - preferably something that can also accept USB connectionb) Maybe 6-disc or 10-disc changer if can fit into budget.c) 2 rear kick-ass speakersd) 2 front door speakerse) 2 tweeters f) i got lot of space in the boot, so subwoofer also can taruk in.g) power amplifiersh) all sorts of wiring so that my battery dont die halfway!Please help!

Kingrat;348312 said:
So I need within a budget of 2k, to pimp my sound system. I need the following, and I want you guys to recommend what to get :-

a) New head unit - preferably something that can also accept USB connection
b) Maybe 6-disc or 10-disc changer if can fit into budget.
c) 2 rear kick-ass speakers
d) 2 front door speakers
e) 2 tweeters
f) i got lot of space in the boot, so subwoofer also can taruk in.
g) power amplifiers
h) all sorts of wiring so that my battery dont die halfway!

Please help!

If you want all the above for 2K, I don't think you can get a decent one, not even a used set. Why don't you get a head unit with cd drive, 2 ways component speaker for front and a 4 channel amp. to drive it actively.
Once you get some extra budget, add a monoblock amp. and 12" enclose sub. Just my 2cents. Good luck

Yup 2k for all the list is impossible even wt non-brand equipment. My advice study in details what yr expectation & fork out the max budget u willing to spend.

I suggest u put on alpine for head unit...great output

then component set from MTX on the front speaker with amplifier support (2 channel should be enough)

2 x MTX 12 inch at the back should be perfect for the ass kick...with monoblock amplifier from MTX also

2 x two way speaker at the back

The most important.....spend a bit more money on wiring and earthing. You will not regret it

Maybe you need to revise again the budget for better output...my 2cent

hi bro, i have 1 set of used 5.25 inch components set for sale, is Infinity Kappa.

Pls let me know if you are interested, also may have a piece of MTX 10 inch (Thunder 8000 series, 400 watts) woofer for sale.

Pls pm me if you are interested. tq.

hi bro, i have 1 set of used 5.25 inch components set for sale, brand is Infinity Kappa.

Pls let me know if you are interested, also may have a piece of MTX 10 inch (Thunder 8000 series, 400 watts) woofer for sale.

Pls pm me if you are interested. tq.

I just did a budget upgrade to my 11 year old OEM ICE..97 E36

Kenwood HU wt USB(malaysia)....RM700+
Lanzar Component Rear(USA)...RM600+
R. Fosgate Punch 10' Sub(USA)...RM600+

Cant remember the exact prices..... The good thing was, all the OEM wiring was intact including the HU connection which was just plug and play wt the new unit as the 11 year old Kenwood had the same interface wt the new one.

Front still using OEM as couldn't find a matching tweeter to fit the OEM ones on the front door panel. Oem rear (Nokia:stupid:)was in bad shape, all torn and cracking.

I had an extra R. Fosgate(USA) amplifier from one of my rides, so i use that to whack the 10' Sub only. The HU's pre-amp(50Wx4 Mosfet) is quite sufficient to support the Components, unless you are looking for some serious ICE...

In all the bill came up RM2250 including installation and labour... Results good clear sound wt a soft punch bass coming from the trunk.. Only the front OEM components seems to be a little noisy at High volumes...

PS: I have been thru some serious ICE works wt my privious JDM's...Its never ending my friend...Gone up to 30K+ but it was never enough!!! So spend your cash wisely...

cheers...:top:

some good stuff for sale here:

http://www.italiaauto.net/viewtopic.php?t=7255

A friend of mine has a unit of Nakamichi CD400 head unit for sale. Its a single disc player, very basic looking, but the sound quality is impressive. For those who know this product should understand. I personally used this model in my JDM before... Let me know if intrested, will check it for you...:top:

Top Bottom