e36 NGV conversion advice needed

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

vince-e36

Club Guest
Hi guys,i was wondering if anyone here successfully installed NGV system into e36?specifically mine is e36 running on timing belt. year 1991 or 92... heheneed to know what will be the NGV system to go for and recommended shops to do it. i would want to be able to switch between ngv and fuel by just flicking the switch..thank you :)-Vincent

Bro, i think it would be proper if you do an intro of yourself in the newbie thread first before you start asking questions!

Go to Thailand n do it ... those guys been using NGV for almost 15 years ... they r good at it ... it would easily cost 5 grand for the installation

i got a quotation from a shop
----------------
for E36 we got 2 system for it. 1 is for mixer system and cost you about RM4500 with 57L type 1 cylinder... and another system will called sequential injection system and it will cost you about RM7000 with 65L type 2 cylinder
---------------

vince-e36;332902 said:
i got a quotation from a shop
----------------
for E36 we got 2 system for it. 1 is for mixer system and cost you about RM4500 with 57L type 1 cylinder... and another system will called sequential injection system and it will cost you about RM7000 with 65L type 2 cylinder
---------------

Hi Bro..

Can PM me the shop address and contact? May be if two cars it be cheaper..

actually i m just really concern about post conversion issues.. whether will it cause some nitty gritty issues...

i m thinking of going for cheaper option but with a bigger cylinder...

and my bro oso intend to go convert.. but i doubt if go 2 or 3 at once will make a difference in price considering the huge demand now...

:)

u try to ask lah :)

and another thing is some installer can do a really good job by making the tank in such a way that will minimize boot space usage... so again really have to survey kau kau ....

yikes.. didnt know tractors malaysia is associated to ngv conversion...

keep us in the loop on your ngv adventure k :)

I also found out that they can install 2units 40ltr tanks for ur car to save space in the trunk.

2 x 40ltr save more space than 1 x bigger tank? mmm how come? dont get it..

anyway from which installer did you got this info from? i thinking of checking out tractors malaysia and see the pricing and how is it..

sigh with all these additional kit stuff.. i believe the initial quotation i show you is probably bare minimum... hehe

I when to www.ngv-malaysia.com yesterday and they are using a modern system. It is possible for 4 potter's BMW. They did it even for Perdana V6 Twin Turbo! Saw Honda City 2006 model, Pajero, Merc, Satria and also Sonata.

quoted is RM6800

I was at www.ngv.com.my

Was told that we have to have our engine in tip top condition prior to installation, also avoid Platinium and irridium plugs.

BMW is possible but most owner would like to keep the power of their 6 potters so... not moving there (NGV) With the high consumtion of BMW plus not so wide boot you can only fit in a 60liters tank so.. it means RM8 of NGV with about 110-130km per fill.

geoffreylee;337427 said:
BMW is possible but most owner would like to keep the power of their 6 potters so... not moving there (NGV) With the high consumtion of BMW plus not so wide boot you can only fit in a 60liters tank so.. it means RM8 of NGV with about 110-130km per fill.

If can only fit 60lit tank, that means I would have to refill every day. That's a waste of time being at the refulling station just to use NGV. But suppose it's ok right? Use NGV when driving in the city and use petrol other times. That way, don't need to refill NGV everyday.

Crymson;337451 said:
If can only fit 60lit tank, that means I would have to refill every day. That's a waste of time being at the refulling station just to use NGV. But suppose it's ok right? Use NGV when driving in the city and use petrol other times. That way, don't need to refill NGV everyday.

at www.ngv.com.my or HIJAU they have a system that you can program the ECO to your preference. It can switch to petrol when you need the power ie like when you switch to power mode on your gear.

I ve install my dad's Merc (3000cc) with NGV Sequencial System + Semi Fiber 77 Liter Tank. Cost is RM7.4k. No problem until now, already 2 months.

My wife's kancil also used NGV for almost 9 month with steel tank.

My fren also just install his new V6 with NGV on May 2008.

Really2 JIMAT woo.....

Some pic to share. I installed all this car at Ampang area. The person who installed this had experience more than 10 years and already installed almost 15,000carz+bus+lorry+factory machine(from diesal to NGV) in his carrier!

I saw his record of cust and few types of carz include Harrier, hilux, Pajero, Citroen C5, E36 328i, Merz, alphard (2 tanks), Naza, Atos and many mores...

Wuz waiting for my budget to install my e36 also :-(

Image098.jpg

Image072.jpg

PERADNA4.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

fillingvalve.jpg

I have installed Bluemec (refer to AC3 pic) for my car too and so far no problem. A small power loss when going up hill but thats it.. saving is superb RM0.08 per km on city drive while highway is just RM0.05..

www.bluemec.com

This NGV system map your fuel and air MAP and apply its own when switch to NGV,... superb technology

Wah kancil also convert to NGV?? 2 things worry me to convert to NGV are to queue along those taxi & problem that might occur. So have to fork out bout RM8XX plus a mth:motz:

initialM,

Why worry about the que bro.. each tank can last you about 150-180km and you can switch to petrol when require..

Your car sure dont have any problem as it is like new!! Problems only arise due to engine is poorly maintained.

Coverting to NGV is not just the saving but also kind and good for mother earth

Top Bottom