E36 328 transmission.......

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
go n check 1st ...TOYOTA OIL GEAR TRANSSIMIONS TQ OIL,,made in japan,,before anybody talk abt gearoil ,,lets talk abt gearbox 1st,,survey where they manucfacter gearbox then talk...its like diamond water make in taiwan oem all the world wit tons of branding....i speak wit result ,,i m using toyota oil for mygearbx superb 5years n still powerful,,i recommend toyotaoil...if u dont trust dont condemm ppl..regards tq dan

Bailey;252693 said:
zul, u better go & overhaul yr gearbox like wat i did to my wifey's E36 325 which had the same problem then now evelithg smooth sailing

thanks bro, where you done the overhaul can pm me the workshop

oil issue

buy only at toyota dealer...yes i m using a e36 ,,1 coupe and a 4doors and a e39,,,TQ OIL only for gear oil transssion abt less than 150 for 2litre,,i can check u the price the latest 1....pm me if u r intersted,,,oil try used q8 for engine or ducham fully systentic regards tq d

tat me,,been using it,,,but i changed my gear oil every 20000km,keep ur gearbox young n superb,regards

GM Gearbox work with Toyota oil but sadly the ZF (5 speeds) not really suitable as some complain of gearbox fail.

Nice of you to share your experience but do get your facts right ya. Will be an expensive experience for others if their Gearbox fail after using the oil.

recently i spot the kick during shifting is not from transmission.... but some sound at the back area 'Bukk!!!' sound, is it final drive got a problem? then every time bukk sound appear RPM drop every 1000rpm.. someone who got this experience pls share share... i dont want to overhaul the 'ok' transmission at the moment if it is not a actual problem...

i think my transmission still ok... very curious what is Bukk!! Bedebuk!! sound at the back... just when to workshop .. they try to 'kencing' on me... ask me to change the ATF.... actually i already do that...

Hey Zul, I have the same problem, but mine is only when I park my car on uneven ground. When I shift from P to D there is this bukk sound. I do not know what the sound is but sounds from the rear diff. Now what is do is make sure the brakes a fully pressed and then shift to P. Some have told me it is the actuator in the gearbox. Do let us know if you solve your problem.

I used to have this gear kicking problem too, can't seem to remember if there was sound ( stereo always blasting ) but after doing a complete ATF flush, the problem seemed to have disappeared. I do an ATF change at 15K now.

Zul_84;253518 said:
recently i spot the kick during shifting is not from transmission.... but some sound at the back area 'Bukk!!!' sound, is it final drive got a problem? then every time bukk sound appear RPM drop every 1000rpm.. someone who got this experience pls share share... i dont want to overhaul the 'ok' transmission at the moment if it is not a actual problem...

i think my transmission still ok... very curious what is Bukk!! Bedebuk!! sound at the back... just when to workshop .. they try to 'kencing' on me... ask me to change the ATF.... actually i already do that...

'Bukk, bedebuk' sound from the back?

Just wondering, have you seen you cat recently? Trapped in the trunk trying to get out? :wink:

Lee36328;253636 said:
'Bukk, bedebuk' sound from the back?

Just wondering, have you seen you cat recently? Trapped in the trunk trying to get out? :wink:

thanks Lee36328,

i think maybe the cat, because there is a valve at 2nd outlet jam already, sometimes it is fully open, half and sometime completely closed. full with carbon. and its LOUD. my RPM during idle now is 500 to 600rpm only.

and every bukk sound (its like an explosion) the RPM obviously flipping (+-1000rpm above),

will check it out at wshop today. :burnout:

rubes72;253538 said:
Hey Zul, I have the same problem, but mine is only when I park my car on uneven ground. When I shift from P to D there is this bukk sound. I do not know what the sound is but sounds from the rear diff. Now what is do is make sure the brakes a fully pressed and then shift to P. Some have told me it is the actuator in the gearbox. Do let us know if you solve your problem.

I used to have this gear kicking problem too, can't seem to remember if there was sound ( stereo always blasting ) but after doing a complete ATF flush, the problem seemed to have disappeared. I do an ATF change at 15K now.

hi rubes72,
i think my transmission not 'melekat' or kicking during shifting anymore after changing ATF, but will see if there is kicking next few days... at the moment normal...

just very uncomfortable with 'Bukk' sound at rear side during down shift and it will 'tarik' the engine RPM every that sound appear. and one more thing my exhaust quiet loud 'boo boo boo boo' at the back, i think something wrong with my back box :eek:

i will visit my 'doctor' today... :burnout:

I have exactly the same problem... there is a kick sound from rear (around diff) when i am driving through the first gear to second and dont press gas pedal enough... its doesnt happen all the time though... so did ya manage to fix urs? what was wrong?

PrinceOfPersia;273325 said:
I have exactly the same problem... there is a kick sound from rear (around diff) when i am driving through the first gear to second and dont press gas pedal enough... its doesnt happen all the time though... so did ya manage to fix urs? what was wrong?

Hi PoP,

This sound is typical of an auto gearbox showing its age and possibly requiring rebuilding soon. Try changing the gearbox oil, may help somewhat.

for a permanent fix and boost of performance just change to manual! you shave about 1.0s to get from 0-100kmh. i did mine (328i) at rgb motorworks in ampang & cost about RM7k

PrinceOfPersia;273325 said:

bad crack axle bushings make the sound when axle hit car body...
i change the axle bushings... no more bedebukk sound...
but as what mr.Lee said the gearbox ready too kaput, i can still feel it shift 'hard'.
so i change my autobox oil again (just change it 3month ago)....
after changing ATF, feel smooth again... but for temporarily...

if rebuild will cost between 3 to 4k, add another 3k can convert into manual less headache.
:smokin:

Zul_84;273794 said:
bad crack axle bushings make the sound when axle hit car body...
i change the axle bushings... no more bedebukk sound...
but as what mr.Lee said the gearbox ready too kaput, i can still feel it shift 'hard'.
so i change my autobox oil again (just change it 3month ago)....
after changing ATF, feel smooth again... but for temporarily...

if rebuild will cost between 3 to 4k, add another 3k can convert into manual less headache.
:smokin:

Berapa bro, to do the axle bushing? Want to change just in case coz I have that sound on-and-off, though not often.

Already overhauled my gearbox in 2005 for RM4700. Should be slightly lesser now?

Crymson;273927 said:
Berapa bro, to do the axle bushing? Want to change just in case coz I have that sound on-and-off, though not often.

Already overhauled my gearbox in 2005 for RM4700. Should be slightly lesser now?

i change 3 bushing all together with labour at about RM350.00.

Zul_84;274071 said:
i change 3 bushing all together with labour at about RM350.00.

Hey Zul, can I know which bushings did you change in particular? I changed I think all the bushings connected to the propeller shaft but still the problem persist. Also, i can't seem to solve my propeller from vibrating at speed around 40km/h, anybody solved this before? Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

rubes72;279987 said:
Hey Zul, can I know which bushings did you change in particular? I changed I think all the bushings connected to the propeller shaft but still the problem persist. Also, i can't seem to solve my propeller from vibrating at speed around 40km/h, anybody solved this before? Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

is it 'burrrrr' sound + vibration? thats long shaft coupling.
i just change axle bushings... thats to cure 'bukk' sound (appear everytime during gear shifting).

Top Bottom