e34 vibrates after putting new 17" rim + new tires

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
upper arm mountings and centric hub..
i'll have that checked out too..
thanks Al..hope it'll work

fandango..
the avatar was taken from a budweiser commercial..unfortunately its not eddie murphy,hehehe.

it's definitely the dem bushes and I've got the same problem again... exactly how Al describes it... when braking and speed drops to around 80-90, the steering wheel shakes like mad, so dem violent it feels like front wheels dropping off... really cannot tahan... 7 series bushes, original bushes all the same... all last a little more than a year... i'm guessing lowered suspension is a factor... never had this problem when running on stock suspension for the first 3 odd years of ownership and the bushes on the car have most likely been there for years... dem tulan...

fandango

apparently the e34 was engineered in such a way that it discourages changing of rim size...it's best to stick with the stock version and all.

yes, it's the bush and arm and part of e34 things to maintain.

other than that it's a damn good car to own and drive.

erica34 said:
it's definitely the dem bushes and I've got the same problem again... exactly how Al describes it... when braking and speed drops to around 80-90, the steering wheel shakes like mad, so dem violent it feels like front wheels dropping off... really cannot tahan... 7 series bushes, original bushes all the same... all last a little more than a year... i'm guessing lowered suspension is a factor... never had this problem when running on stock suspension for the first 3 odd years of ownership and the bushes on the car have most likely been there for years... dem tulan...

ya lor..ever since i lowered my ride i m experiencing the same thing erica34 is describing..still driving it tho..luckily not daily car.

I think rims size are ok....

Only the ride height does matter..., the lower your car, the more tension will put put on the bushes...especially the thrust arm bushes.

Bare in mind, if you change the thrust arm bushes...you have to let your car down from the jack, then fully tighten the bolts. Preferably full load your car before tighten the bolts..., full load mean> full tank of petrol; 65kg at rear centre seat, 65 kg each on passenger & driver side.

betul tak?

So..anybody got original stock springs to donate..?

Thanks...

maybe rose joints might be a permanent solution..heheheh...better cornering and steering feel...however, the ride might become harsher as a result.

hmm...

erica34 said:

Wah, so fast koyak aledi, considering you hardly drive your car!! Mine is still okie so far. Maybe you can to get the M5 bush!!!:)

yes, M5 rims cum with 17s.. but the trust arm bushes uses a solid one.. damn very expensive.. about RM280.00 a piece !!

but, but, there is a local one that has the solid type..at jalan ipoh !!

hmm...u mean made in malaysia m5 bush?...exactly where in jln ipoh? pls pm me if possible. thx.

pussy said:
yes, M5 rims cum with 17s.. but the trust arm bushes uses a solid one.. damn very expensive.. about RM280.00 a piece !!

but, but, there is a local one that has the solid type..at jalan ipoh !!
This is interesting, mind share the shop name at this lonnnnnnnnnnng Jalan Ipoh

I got my tires replaced yesterday and the shimmy problem at 80-90kmh has gone away. turns out those 04 goodyear revspec 02 were defective (flat spot, wobble). Am now using Yoko AR01.

Thanks all for your help!

I change mine to 16" rim(THANKS YOU pussy for the rim.:D )It shake badly at 80 km/h.Take it to Shah Alam Tyres to do alignment,balancing and on wheel balancing now no more shaking.(THANK YOU Mafia.)

so it was the tyres after all

fandango said:
I got my tires replaced yesterday and the shimmy problem at 80-90kmh has gone away. turns out those 04 goodyear revspec 02 were defective (flat spot, wobble). Am now using Yoko AR01.

Thanks all for your help!

bro fandango..
u had all 4tyres replaced already?
i suspect i have the same prob,i also have a strong feeling that if i use the stock standard rims the shimmy prob would go away,nevertheless my lower arm going to kaput soon so i guess my prob will not be solved that instantly..

plan to buy a halfcut n replace them all at one go.for now..just have to make do with 15' lor

asman said:
bro fandango..
i suspect i have the same prob,i also have a strong feeling that if i use the stock standard rims the shimmy prob would go away,nevertheless my lower arm going to kaput soon so i guess my prob will not be solved that instantly..

plan to buy a halfcut n replace them all at one go.for now..just have to make do with 15' lor

Buy a halfcut? Hhhmm.. halfcut apa ni? bunyi macam project best je.. :D
Anyway, have u send your rims for repair or change your tyres?

asman said:
bro fandango..

yup, changed all 4, cos all of them were defective. wa, what halfcut are you thinking of getting? 535? :eek:

DmC said:
Buy a halfcut? Hhhmm.. halfcut apa ni? bunyi macam project best je.. :D
Anyway, have u send your rims for repair or change your tyres?

Kena kerja kuat2 dulu and simpan duit byk2 bro..nak buat biar betul2!:D
nope havent change tyres or repair the rim. pakai rim std dulu kot till i can solve this prob;)

fandango said:
yup, changed all 4, cos all of them were defective. wa, what halfcut are you thinking of getting? 535? :eek:

yeah thinking of that one u said there...535.sounds good!!!:D

waaaahhhh asman 535 eeeehhhhhh waaaaahhhhhhh u yrslf has been flying everywhere & now yr ride also want to fly ka?

Top Bottom