E30 CCFL angel eyes

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

gnik

Club Guest
Wonder if anyone here install the CCFL angel eyes with lens cover for E30 before?How do you secure the CCFL to the lens cover.Advice needed.Thanks :)

just to share, my friend tried putting the E36 CCFL angel eyes over the E30, couldnt fit inside the housing and broke the CCFL. Too big unless stick it onto the lens.

yeah, i'm the E46 CCFL, it cant be stick on the plastic lens cover.

if i stick it on the headlamp, can the double tape sustain the heat?

Bro,

My fren bot a set of LED angel eyes that comes wt plastic cover on top of the lens. Then he replaced the led angel eyes wt E36 CCFL and using previous plastic cover on top of it. Tada new e30 wt CCFL angel eyes.:D

Try to search for the thread. It been discussed b4 i think.

yeah, i bought the plastic lens cover as well. Mine come with the E46 CCFL angel eyes

Seems like the LED angel eyes have smaller radius, thus can be stick onto the plastic lens cover.

But the CCFL angel eyes have bigger radius, and it cant reach the flat surface of the plastic lens cover. For my case now the CCFL is is moving around between the spaces of the plastic lens cover and the headlamp.

ah.. sorry for the bad explanation, wonder if you guys can picture it or not :eek:

I was wondering if these can also fit an X5? I am really looking for angle eyes and its becoming an obsession now....:mad:

Hello

hi again, just wondering if you guys have some pics of ur e30 angel eye? is D.I.Y conversion to angel eyes or just bought the whole thing new? plus some advice to do it .. :D

gnik;203047 said:
yeah, i bought the plastic lens cover as well. Mine come with the E46 CCFL angel eyes

Seems like the LED angel eyes have smaller radius, thus can be stick onto the plastic lens cover.

But the CCFL angel eyes have bigger radius, and it cant reach the flat surface of the plastic lens cover. For my case now the CCFL is is moving around between the spaces of the plastic lens cover and the headlamp.

ah.. sorry for the bad explanation, wonder if you guys can picture it or not :eek:
actually the led ones got double sided tape thats why can stick, for the ccfl one, you need to get either double sided tape or transparent silicon to put it on the base so it sticks on properly.

Thanx for the reply :)

will secure the CCFL once my car come back from workshop. Hopefully end of this week. :S

My car has been in the workshop for bout a month already. stupid powering steering leaking oil.

gnik;203400 said:
Thanx for the reply :)

will secure the CCFL once my car come back from workshop. Hopefully end of this week. :S

My car has been in the workshop for bout a month already. stupid powering steering leaking oil.

Aiyoh never curse yr own car man. How come take too long? Last time I overhaul my power stereng only took a day.

my steering housing got scratch inside. Was trying to source for the spare parts but cant find any.

end up using back the same housing with new seal. Hopefully it wont leak.

let's pray hard :O

by the way, anyone has the steering rack for sale? It's for E30 M40 engine, whole aluminium one.

Posted this issue under chasis and wheels but seems like not getting much respone from there.. :S

I think it will leak again after sometime coz aredi scratch. Better to get another one recon or 2nd hand.

yeah i know, but i need the car... wat to do? tried to sourced from WM, but end up sending me the wrong parts, first time the steering rack was for left hand drive, 2nd time the steering rack is for pre facelift E30

wonder if any forumer here got lubang or not...

help needed :(

Top Bottom