e23 owners..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

e23_728i

Club Guest
Hey guys..Seem to see more e23 owners surfacing these days, would be great to meet up for tt sometime soon..Cheers.Boon Hanps.. Do include your name below.. thanks!- Boon Han

KL here. I just got a E23 728i not too long ago.In the process of slowly restoring it. This car let me satisfy my needs to do DIY. Already started DIY on many of the interior parts starting with the VDO. I leave the engine stuffs to the mechanic. Currently the car is undergoing a top overhaul. Next up is to refurbish the seats and side panel.

Heheheheh!!Be ready to spend plenty of $$$$ cause once you've got the bug it won't stop... I for one certainly can vouch for that!!;)Boon Hanps.. Just spent nearly RM13k on total engine overhaul, mind you that does not include the gearbox... Also just passed the 258,000 mile mark...

Originally posted by M30revival@Dec 16 2004, 12:21 PM KL here. I just got a E23 728i not too long ago.In the process of slowly restoring it. This car let me satisfy my needs to do DIY. Already started DIY on many of the interior parts starting with the VDO. I leave the engine stuffs to the mechanic. Currently the car is undergoing a top overhaul. Next up is to refurbish the seats and side panel.
Hie there... if you are who I think you are, then that's a fine specimen you got there... would love to see the finished product.....

M30 revival,Congrats on your latest purchase, Im sure you will have lots of fun bringing her to pristine condition...and yes great to have someone with the same ooomph in taste.cheersmichael

Originally posted by fabianyee@Dec 17 2004, 03:06 PM Hie there... if you are who I think you are, then that's a fine specimen you got there... would love to see the finished product.....
hehehe, yes thats me. DD asked me to help out where I can so I signed in with this nick. The old one is too obvious and somemore there are others from my company are watching!The car is in the workshop now and when the engine is done up, the next thing to do repaint the car. I doubt I need RM13K to do the overhaul. I also hope to see the finish product myself.Already started fiddling with the interior myself. Just finish with the VDO repair, yesterday did the driver side interior wood panel. Should be doing the door panel sound proofing soon.Yesterday checked mikoloh's VDO and found the gears still move. Must be something on the electrical that the odomoter doesn't move.

helloo???u from malaysia???do you mind meeting other e23 owners????hope to have ur reply!

guys...who is this guy..he doesnt reply nor bother about the Q...except to people he knows?......so where this guy from?and if the car is nice....i would really love to meet up and check out his caR!

KL, would love to see the proces of your restoration job. Are you doing the wood yourself? My door wood panel got scratched by my dog the last time I took her out. e23 owners, we should have a TT soon. I'm currently out of town and if you guys do meet up I'm sure Boon Han and Mikoloh can fill you guys up on my jalopy, hehehehe. Hope to see you guys after Christmas.Mazin aka whl

Originally posted by fomoco@Dec 17 2004, 04:00 PM guys...who is this guy..he doesnt reply nor bother about the Q...except to people he knows?......so where this guy from?and if the car is nice....i would really love to meet up and check out his caR!
Fomoco, be patient, he might show up when his car is done. And I know it will be a very good one... :rolleyes: ... Might use his tactic too in signing in with a new nick. I believe there is someone in my office who is surfing this forum for my postings. Though he has yet to find my nick. Hee hee.

wow...i heard mikoloh's car is gonna be the best e23 around!i would really love to see the fine specimen....

Yup... We shall plan a tt for e23s soon!On another note, still looking for injectors for my 728i... No one that i've called seems to carry the stock, have been quoted RM500 each on special order basis. I partially blame the Euro too...

Originally posted by fomoco@Dec 18 2004, 05:00 AM guys...who is this guy..he doesnt reply nor bother about the Q...except to people he knows?......so where this guy from?and if the car is nice....i would really love to meet up and check out his caR!
Patient my friend. I like to be low profile and would like to keep it that way.I am doing bits and pieces whenever I have the time. We can meet when the time is right.Boon Han, I am doing the wood myself. You can repair the wood panel with wood putty. I'll show you some photo on the how to when we meet next time. Here is a shot of the partial staining on the wood. Tomorrow I'll post the finished product.

Sure.. Now I need to look for a replacement wood panel on the drivers door as the old one was cracked and over exposure in the sun...

Originally posted by e23_728i@Dec 18 2004, 08:19 PM Sure.. Now I need to look for a replacement wood panel on the drivers door as the old one was cracked and over exposure in the sun...
Mine is just over expose to sun. Thats why I restored it and also for fun!If the crack is not too serious, should be able to use wood putty to fill up and then sand it to hide the crackline before respraying it.The one on top is the drive side which has been restored. The one at the bottom is the passenger side waiting for restoration.

Err e23_728,Can e32 join-ah? Kind of lonely. My e32 also "cikai" one. It very bone stock. And it has quite a bit of "unattended" minor injuries. And e23e32, sounds like twin, right? e32 bonnet is also of older design... etc..Let me know lah...rahman

Top Bottom