E12

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Any pics...actually im looking for 1 whole car for parts...dashboard,seats etc...

mandonna;639091 said:
Any pics...actually im looking for 1 whole car for parts...dashboard,seats etc...

Is it a E-12 you are looking for? The one in Phileo Damansara is complete, but dash and seats are bad, as windows has been left open. Even though it is in a carpark, moist has taken it´s toll...

I saw a e21 rotting away at bukit raja area and i'll confess that at some point of time, I did get tempted to get it restored

climenta;590537 said:
There's an abandoned black E12 in a covered carpark in KL, minimal damage on the rubber parts & the body compared to those abandoned cars constantly exposed to the harsh weather. According to the car park attendants, it has been left there for at least 5 years, but they don't know who it belongs to. If you know anyone in JPJ who can help to find out, this could turn out to be a worthwhile project car. Mizhan, next project apa macam?:)

brp climenta where ? KL covered car park?

Tor;600888 said:
Went to look for this one today, it is still there, but isn´t very happy. Both windows on drivers side was rolled down and car was filled with garbage. Sitting on it´s rims. It can still be made into a car, but will need time and RM. The car is a 520 with registration WAD4932. It is in B2 not B1.

There is another E-12, 520 gold color sitting idling at Kayu Ara, along sprint hwy

phileo damansara 1 basement carpark, level b2. Been there for years, probably still there....

Hi there

Sorry if this is off topic (not E12), but I saw a very nice Red E28 with replica Alpina Bodykit plate *534 along subang airport road, in front of Hyatt Saujana, heading towards the roundabout at about 1pm today.

Anyone of you here?

Cheers

Syed

love the sharknose look. i saw a reseda green e12 at stuttgart auto taman mayang some time ago. nice...

Very few and fat between left. Even the E28s are such a rare sight on our roads, especially Klang Valley.

I remembered coming across one in Ipoh couple of years ago. :adore:

There is a few E-28 are sitting around as "long term park"/ Abandoned cars. Some of them does not look bad, but vultures are soon to move in on these.

The reseda green E-12 is probably the one i have pictured two "replys" up. I shot the picture at Taman Megah? Near Stuttgart.

Yes that resada green looks to be a nice car. I see some E-12 sitting around, but all 520´s with in-line 4 syl. This 525 probably has its in-line 6 still in it. I would not mind having a 525 or 528, preferably earlier than 1977. (small rear lights)

Hey guys, I have one, I'm looking for parts for it, it runs but has problems starting.

wjie20;731530 said:
Hey guys, I have one, I'm looking for parts for it, it runs but has problems starting.

What are the symptoms of starting problems? Problems both cold and warm engine? Runs smooth after starting? What engine is in it?

Last but not least, share us a photo of the Queen :)

Tor;732828 said:
What are the symptoms of starting problems? Problems both cold and warm engine? Runs smooth after starting? What engine is in it?

Last but not least, share us a photo of the Queen :)

Hmm, I think it's the carburetor that's giving the problem. Basically the car can't start when cold. With the mechanic's help, the car can be started but I wasn't there to see what he did.
After that, the car has to be started within two days if after that, it'll not start again. Have to call mechanic again.
Battery is new, the car is not mine actually, but I am taking over it so to speak, so no idea about the smoothness. Engine is the M30B25, if I remember correctly.

for the picture, I have posted on this thread, :D http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?47395-Good-day!/page2

Car looks good from what i can see, hope to see more pictures.
What year is the car? Asking this is be cause 525 were delivered with carburetor and as fuel injected. Changeover was around 1977-78. On the fuel injected (like mine) i had a problem with cold start. Source of problem was the warmup regulator. There is a temperature switch mounted in the block itself that had quit working. If it is a carb engine, start looking at auto chocke. That is suppose to give you a richer fuel/air mixture on a cold engine.

Ok, A 525 1981 is most likely a 525i (another word a fuel injected). The engine is (if original) a M30 engine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M30

The problem that i had with the same engine, was that a temperature-sensor to the warm-up regulator had stopped working, so the engine could not get enough gasoline when it was cold. When engine was warm it had no problems.
Try to borrow that sensor (a plug that is situated on the engine block) from another BMW for troubbleshooting, as these sensors are fairly expencive.

Oh ok. Then the engine should be a lot easier to work on, as it has less electronics to worry about. I have never actually worked on those engines so I am a bit blank on the subject. What is the chassis number on the car?

You can go to Stuttgart at Jalan SS26/13 (Taman Mega) and ask there. I have been dealing with Azwan, he has been very helpful to me :)

Top Bottom