The ALL-NEW BMW 5 Series (F10) Launch at KLCC.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
astroboy;521174 said:
Now that sucks.. :thumpdown:

The steering.......hmmmm.......the steering.........hmmm..............not very convinced........a little too much knobs.......kinda looks like an Audi.........:dontknow::dontknow::39::39:

BTW, the pairing wines are pretty good........Cape and Cloudy........hic

stanleycck;521182 said:
The steering.......hmmmm.......the steering.........hmmm..............not very convinced........a little too much knobs.......kinda looks like an Audi.........:dontknow::dontknow::39::39:

BTW, the pairing wines are pretty good........Cape and Cloudy........hic

Wines... You are the expert on that, right ! ! Hey Bro... when can arrange a fine wine and dine leh???:wink:

sunnypuan;521186 said:
Wines... You are the expert on that, right ! ! Hey Bro... when can arrange a fine wine and dine leh???:wink:

Hey.......good idea lah.......lets talk more on Friday...........

MSport;521170 said:
Thanks for the pictures. BTW, just noticed thedashboard glow is now in white and no longer amber??

The light color could be adjusted/changed. Daytime white, night time amber :)

JYazid;521168 said:
I thought it is a some kind of 'Black-Tie' events ....... only for VIP or special invitees.. !!!!!!! babies pun ada ....... seems the waiter dressed smarter than the guest. heheheh:thefinger:

Agree with you bro. Its such a special event and our wonderful Malaysians come in T shirts and jeans and bring their kids too! I thought they already informed them about the dress code. Hmmm... semua boleh lah!:smokin:

Don Franco;521204 said:
Agree with you bro. Its such a special event and our wonderful Malaysians come in T shirts and jeans and bring their kids too! I thought they already informed them about the dress code. Hmmm... semua boleh lah!:smokin:

Oouuuchh....

stanleycck;521193 said:
Thats what I call tech.............

MY2000 toyota altis 1.8G already got this feature/ tech...can change from white, amber or blue...

t2ribena;521291 said:
MY2000 toyota altis 1.8G already got this feature/ tech...can change from white, amber or blue...

Japanese Multicolor........wonder whats next........????

A few of us BMWCM folks were seated together and figured out BMW Malaysia's CRM filter for this event invite. Seemingly at min, folks who own a E90 325i/320d were invited. Our guess is BMW Malaysia thinks that the next upgrade for 325i owners is a 5 series. Either that or there were just too many 320i owners which they could not accommodate for the sit down dinner. Citigold and Amex Plat members were there on Sat night as well. Also sat next to an uncle who was a Citigold invitee, and he said he's just there for the dinner, cos he's a hardcore Merc fan LOL.

Overall, a classy event, and one of the best I've been to from BMW. True fine dining and free flow cocktails and wine. A far cry from the E90 launch at Sime Darby Convention center where we were served fried rice and other sad looking dishes a few years back.

E46Fanatic;521353 said:
A few of us BMWCM folks were seated together and figured out BMW Malaysia's CRM filter for this event invite. Seemingly at min, folks who own a E90 325i/320d were invited. Our guess is BMW Malaysia thinks that the next upgrade for 325i owners is a 5 series. Either that or there were just too many 320i owners which they could not accommodate for the sit down dinner. Citigold and Amex Plat members were there on Sat night as well. Also sat next to an uncle who was a Citigold invitee, and he said he's just there for the dinner, cos he's a hardcore Merc fan LOL.

Overall, a classy event, and one of the best I've been to from BMW. True fine dining and free flow cocktails and wine. A far cry from the E90 launch at Sime Darby Convention center where we were served fried rice and other sad looking dishes a few years back.

Hey...I'm a 320i owner...:10:

Managed to get through the filter :rock:

E46Fanatic;521353 said:

Yeah the recent launches are done pretty well with the 7 series as my best so far.

Remembered the e90 launch u mentioned but the entertainment was good with patrick Teoh and rashid Ismail providing the laughters;)

On Saturday the crowd was as big compared to Friday but the cigars were all snapped up in literally less than 5 minutes :(

The belles welcoming us at the entrance generated positive comments from my companion ;)

The previous generation models on display were classy and shiny, though they failed to elicit much attention from my companion who was at time suffering from extreme dehydration and needed infusions of fermented grape juice.

The food was pretty good and the various vintages of fermented grape juice were excellent, especially the Cloudy Bay Pinot Noir which was the best amongst the offerings.

The cars looked good, made a bigger positive impact on me than the E60 did when it was first launched. That said, the E60 grew on me, and F10 probably will too. Being a gadget-freak, the 535i held a far greater attraction as far as I was concerned, with the larger LCD screen. It seemed to me the 523i is not GPS equipped, is that right? No HUD either. I took the brochure but never read it... lol.

For me, the highlight of the evening, aside from my companion of course, was the F07 535i GT. It just seemed right. Not being a fan of driving large sedans, I think if I were to buy a 5, it would be the F07. It strikes me as well suited to long distance group/family roadtrips.

ALBundy;521192 said:
The light color could be adjusted/changed. Daytime white, night time amber :)

Oh oh.......... Toyota already came out with Optitron meters with 3 colours, white, blue and amber....

Does anyone know the name of the performer that night [Sat night]?

Lovely voice, though I have not seen her perform in the mainstream media etc. before.

Must be lounge singer? Hhmmm...

Must go for a repeat performance where she performs with good cigar etc etc. Anyone?

BlackCat;521405 said:
Does anyone know the name of the performer that night [Sat night]?

Lovely voice, though I have not seen her perform in the mainstream media etc. before.

Must be lounge singer? Hhmmm...

Must go for a repeat performance where she performs with good cigar etc etc. Anyone?

Dasha Logan. Daughter of Loganathan from Alleycats.

Top Bottom