driving with sport mode "on" & asc "off"

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

zairiniz

Club Guest
Dear sifus,I have a very important question to ask everyone. Is it okay to drive your UDM in sport mode and asc "off" at all times.Please response, anyone.......

Why not?? If you can handle the car.. If you are new and not sure.. please keep the ASC on for your safety.

Drive safe on the road .....

Of course, you can drive it any way you like ...

Just be careful that when the rear breaks loose, ASC-equipped car = no LSD fitted = spin inner wheel = cannot drift properly + autobox gets confused = limited/poor control = risky.

Drive safe bro so can live longer to enjoy your cars.

---

if you like or wanna try drifting...knock yourself out! try on track first or wide quiet roads

if you need to get the max. performance out of your car (and hopefully you know what you are doing), yes, please turn off that ASC.

i find it impossible to drive hard with it on.

just a small tip, when the rear breaks, most drivers who are unfamiliar with counter steer often "over counter" so that when the weight shifts the car snaps violently in the other direction.

If you find you rear snapping out, just release the steering wheel and the front wheels of the car will automatically counter in the direction your car is sliding in, when you get the required angle, grip the steering wheel again. To regain control, release the throttle at the same time. Do NOT hit the brakes when you backside is snapping.

To go into a drift, maintain sufficient throttle to continue the loss of traction but beware of overthrottling then u will spin out. But I really do not think auto + no LSD is a good idea ... however if u must feel what it is like to go sideways then

Please try in a big empty car park space when you start, I strongly recommend practicing donuts around a cone first, then moving on the figure 8's around 2 cones before you start trying on curves with curbs and dividers and other hard things that you don't want to hit.

Wah! So scary meh? Even on a 318i? My new ride is coming soon will sure give it a try! :D

Top Bottom