DSC off, S6, Sports Mode "ON".

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
What started out as a personal declaration of liking/disliking for his own car ended out crossing the line of original intent. Sad.. but interesting. The Necc is just voicing out his opinions on his M3 capability, at the same time invites constructive comments from us all. There’s nothing wrong with that and I would have share my experience if the tit-4-tat didn’t turn sour between Stefan and The Necc.

Stefan, I do find your knowledge for M3 impressive and I know you would jealously defend the capabilities of this ‘beauty and the beast’. But SO does The Necessary ( It’s probably the WAY The Necc loves his M3 is not to your liking ). Actually the exchanges between you two is fine and definitely educational especially for many of us who never come close to one even. What I deem inappropriate is to blend in your ‘people and character labeling’ on the onset. Ego and pride live in everyone of us. Once compromised, defense sets in instinctively. Also, I would not think making generalised remarks of the Malaysian community as a whole would reflect correctly of your fine character.

I think my previous post should be read again. Please do not be manipulated and be distracted by mr. weider. Not once was I ever racist nor bigoted or insulted malysia and Malaysians in general, in my post. (except that your mr yoong is still carrying some laughs over here – my apologies) I’m actually in awe of malaysia’s achivement in hosting such excellent world-class f1 races (and also to have a track like sepang!!) Anywhere that Bernie (by his standards – see silvestone saga) can bring his circus to, in my book, deserves much applause.

I’m just surprised (again, as a new visitor to your country) that such vulgarities are allowed to spew forth in an auto-focussed bmw malaysia-sanctioned club forum – eg. to the point of being told to “f.uck off”?

Perhaps the only 2 people I offended were mr. weider and mr. kevster (which I see are both very emotional and sensitive persons). I certainly do not think that these 2 individuals are representative of malaysia’s famed genial hospitality. However, individuals such as these should think clearly how they say things or they can regress all the hardwork done. I look forward to flying malaysain airways (lots of awards) and visiting your country in the near future (and of course sepang).

Seeing that mr. Weider is no longer keen to discuss nor share his insights on his m3 or the gt3 that he almost bought, I suggest the administrator close this thread.

As an afterthought, the italian intrepid is the hottest selling kart this season in Europe. Non-factory supported teams have at least a 3 month wait for new karts. Congratulatuins on your excellent purchase. Perhaps we can have another discussion if that too start to bore you.

Originally posted by Stefan Rosier@Mar 27 2005, 06:16 PM
I think my previous post should be read again. Please do not be manipulated and be distracted by mr. weider. Not once was I ever racist nor bigoted or insulted malysia and Malaysians in general, in my post. (except that your mr yoong is still carrying some laughs over here – my apologies) I’m actually in awe of malaysia’s achivement in hosting such excellent world-class f1 races (and also to have a track like sepang!!) Anywhere that Bernie (by his standards – see silvestone saga) can bring his circus to, in my book, deserves much applause.

I’m just surprised (again, as a new visitor to your country) that such vulgarities are allowed to spew forth in an auto-focussed bmw malaysia-sanctioned club forum – eg. to the point of being told to “f.uck off”?

Perhaps the only 2 people I offended were mr. weider and mr. kevster (which I see are both very emotional and sensitive persons). I certainly do not think that these 2 individuals are representative of malaysia’s famed genial hospitality. However, individuals such as these should think clearly how they say things or they can regress all the hardwork done. I look forward to flying malaysain airways (lots of awards) and visiting your country in the near future (and of course sepang).

Seeing that mr. Weider is no longer keen to discuss nor share his insights on his m3 or the gt3 that he almost bought, I suggest the administrator close this thread.

As an afterthought, the italian intrepid is the hottest selling kart this season in Europe. Non-factory supported teams have at least a 3 month wait for new karts. Congratulatuins on your excellent purchase. Perhaps we can have another discussion if that too start to bore you.
Thanks Stefan, for clearing the air and I'm glad that some "in the sideline" forummers have exercised "restraint" in expressing their views on this debate in a civilised and intelligent manner (even those who propogated this debate be resolved on the race track!). I'm sure this group of forummers will be satisfied by Stefan's clarification.

Guys, I feel that this debate has had a lot of merits both in terms of exchanges of technical and driving knowledge as well as "entertainment" value. I also know I'm not alone cos this view had been expressed by many forummers I came in contact with over the weekend although they have not contributed to this thread. Hence, there are a lot of other things to discuss and with a "non-bmw car thread", I'm sure there can be many other great contributions from both The Necessary and Stefan since they appear to be more privileged than many of us in terms of having driven other desirably proficient driving machines.

I thought it was very UN-necessary for those who chose to be more restrained to be called "ball-carriers or ball-lickers". Being patriotic requires us to provide a better representation of Malaysia and its people. Those who kept their cool has done the country more justice in this instance rather than resorting to our fluency in vulgarities. This is a highly personal attack which one should be more careful in unleashing here with an untenable presumption that it won't have repercussions outside the forum.

I think this is getting nowhere.... Will close the thread b4 things get out of hand....

EVERYBODY Chill lah... Aiyoh... Still Kindergarten meh... Actually better if still in Kindergarten.. At least today say 'I no want fren u aledi", but back to plyaing together again 2 days later.....

Fab,

Why wanna close the thread..?? Dun close yet la..!! :) It's fun what..it's been a long time we haven't seen The NECC in war of words what....!!He is good at that what...!!and he proved it before..!! B)

master zog's....cant get enuf of your avatar-lah.....veli nice wan....where can get ah?

bro necc : bored wiv yer mean machine uh. i'll do yerself a favour, pinjam me yer m3, swap wiv my 325 fer a week, how, temptin UHH dude? :D

anyway, my fren is still buggin me since last week if u wanna sell off yer m3 .... she wants to take a look at it .... (n just mayb the driver too :p).

rgds, B)
kahar abdullah

Originally posted by kahar@Mar 29 2005, 05:43 PM
bro necc : bored wiv yer mean machine uh. i'll do yerself a favour, pinjam me yer m3, swap wiv my 325 fer a week, how, temptin UHH dude? :D

anyway, my fren is still buggin me since last week if u wanna sell off yer m3 .... she wants to take a look at it .... (n just mayb the driver too :p).

rgds, B)
kahar abdullah
oh yeah... drove a more boring car and then go back to the M... ;)

Originally posted by The Necessary@Mar 29 2005, 09:50 AM
Kahar,

if your friend is hot and available for a non commital relationship, I'd love to meet her too...!

Hahaha!
Yeah Kahar, he would really really need your help on this....

Hahaha!! :yahoo:

:eek: Whoooa. A few days off the forum and I missed all the action. Guys, buy a classic Alfa and have some fun. It's pretty high tech back in the 60s. Quite "M" I would say.

New? How bout this; sent car into tyre shop for some alignment fine tuning (in time for the track day), and they tell me that both my left side rims are bent.

Great.

Then they tell me my left rear tyre's bulging.

Great.

So guess how much 2x Michelin PS2 in 235/35 19" plus 2x Michelin PS2 in 265/30 19" are gonna come up to? Too f.ucking much! ARGHHHHHH!

Not counting the cost to repair my rims too! Great!

So much for mechanical sympathy!

Crap KL roads! I bent all 4 within 4 months. They were brand new and are bloody heavy, on top of that. Tyre guy says Malaysia has the worst roads after China. He saw it on CNN apparently.

Originally posted by wkwoo69@Mar 31 2005, 11:39 AM
Crap KL roads! I bent all 4 within 4 months. They were brand new and are bloody heavy, on top of that. Tyre guy says Malaysia has the worst roads after China. He saw it on CNN apparently.
Crappy roads... I have even managed to "bend" one of my 15" rims last week. Masuk a "lowered" man hole cover on the road near the Shah Alam Istana. Luckily I managed to source for a free rim and got my wheels realigned again, just in case.

Originally posted by wkwoo69@Mar 31 2005, 03:39 AM
I have been to China many times and to various cities from Beijing, Shenzen, Xi'an, Shanghai and Guangdong. I can confirm that the roads in China are much better than KL. During a lunch meeting with a senior governmental finance person the other day, he said something quite true, Malaysia can pride itself in fulfilling many enviable infrastructure projects but when it comes to maintenance, it's very shameful. How true!

My 18" BBS are quite tough (yet the lightest BBS). None bent due to KL pot holes. :)

3er,

you sure you're driving fast enough?
(Which rims are you using?)

John,

Sure, Chinas' NEW roads are great, but let's not forget that the vast majority of the roads are still muddy ruts at best.

Sometimes you cant avoid them and you just have to crash through them in KL - you know what its like. I'm no where as fast as your M3 but i can hold on my own (mechanical sympathy and all).

BBS RK.
(see my avatar)

(edit:
oh yeah, with carbon fibre centre caps which makes it probably 4g lighter on all corners therefore i have less unsprung weight which means i get closer to your M3 accel figures by 0.00371s - woo hoo!)

Top Bottom