Door cannot unlock!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anakin

Official Member
New problem occur today....I cannot unlock the door and the battery is not dead!
Tried the unlock procedure, but the key can only turn half way..any tips?

moots said:
dah try unlocking from the boot?
How? The battery in in good condition...I can open the boot but doors & fuel cap can't...

I suspect the general module under the rear seat going haywire...at one time, the rear window going up by itself... :stupid:

anakin said:
How? The battery in in good condition...I can open the boot but doors & fuel cap can't...
You can lock and unlock the car from the boot lock using your key.

Is there wetness on your carpet?The modules dislike water like the plague.

moots,
I didn't know the boot lock can also control the locking/unlocking of the car doors.
Do you mean that by turning the key in the boot lock, the car doors will lock/unlock ?
This is useful info. Many thanks.
Regards

tckhor said:
moots,
I didn't know the boot lock can also control the locking/unlocking of the car doors.
Do you mean that by turning the key in the boot lock, the car doors will lock/unlock ?
This is useful info. Many thanks.
Regards
Yes it is possible to open from the booth if your central locking is in right working order. Same goes to the passenger side key lock. Still works on my E34 & E30. On the other hand, if the battery is weak, and unable to open, power can be fed via license plate light terminals and try to open.
In Anakin's case, it could be the General module or one of the central locking module at one of the door..

Initially I wanted to buy a used general module to try but I could be wrong... Aiyaa...malas nak pikir laa..esok bawak kasi Ah Wai tengok.. :stupid:

UpdATE....V-Man was right....central lock module at driver side kaput!...changed and its back into action now... :) and just a general reminder, for those who's driving M20 and early M50 that using 12v system..you may find it hard to find a donor door if it need to replace...its no longer available at chop shop..24v berlambak!

ive bypass the central locking module at the drivers doors side ...install alarm works like a charm too ...

ICEMAN 68 said:
ive bypass the central locking module at the drivers doors side ...install alarm works like a charm too ...
Bhai....lambatnya bagi tau..I dah pusing satu Klang Valley looking for donor door!

Top Bottom