Done MAF conversion on E30M20B25i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by ALBundy@May 24 2005, 04:18 AM
Agreed with OSF, the readings a little "out". Stock standard 328 has about 160hp at wheel (auto transmission). So if yours have 193 on the crank, similarly it should have at least 160hp at the wheel since yours is equipped with manual transmission.

yaa.. bro Al is right.. wahh Zog.. trying to be modest... want to match same hp's as fabianyee.. :blush:

Originally posted by Zoggee@May 22 2005, 01:02 AM
:yes: :lazy: very tiring day la today...driving lorry in the morning..went to dynoed my car at LinksPower...then wakeboarding at Puchong... and just came back fromTesco and now preparing a trip back to Penang...walaaeh.. :eek: what a day!! :yes:..Now ...I'm flat liao.. :lazy:

will post up the chart next week on Teusday.. B)
yo zoog... are you from penang ah?...got any links there... for workshop??....I m up there every once in awhile...

Zog's engine wasn't feeling well during dyno... dont' be surprised if the number is a lot better now...

Yeah zoggee...you should be over 200hp soon huh...and putting down 170-180 to the wheels.......

when i did my MAF conversion, the peak numbers was decent...i gained 7rwhp. But the biggest difference is the powerband, i had more power throughtout the power curve, which you should see.

wish u can do a before and after plot of your dyno to really see the difference.

Good job.

here's the chart...on engine.shud've ask them to save it on floppy disc *sigh* sorry guys :(

this chart won't be accurate lah.... sort out whatever gremlins that was causing the erratic fuel mappings and then we go dyno again... ;)

Thats why I post the chart here...might need some experts input here... :D

Is that a Mustang dyno?

that's a HUGE loss from engine to wheels...but normally noted on mustang dynoes only. Dynojet yields higher wheel numbers.

how did they come up with the engine numbers? (must be using formulas)

A/F ~ 14...(are you starving for fuel?) can you tune in more fuel?

Zoggee...i keep forgetting lar...yours 2.0 or 2.5?

something was weird during the dyno... the fuel mapping was inconsistent... ALL OVER THE BLARDY PLACE...
managed to tuned according to the weird situation....
then retuned later and eventually dialled in 11 point on the SMT6 as I read from R3vlimited...

so this chart is definitely not to be taken seriously... there is a serious gremlin in there somehow... Suspected is the plug cable... so I just tuned as best as i could while on the rolling road...

Yup, concurred with Fab. Your air fuel mapping is out, it should lean out a little at the top for hp or top speed.

As for the supposedly quoted hp at the crank, take the result with a pinch of salt. Most of the time, its not accurate. Even at wheel dyno results are also dependent on a host of variables. Next time pump in more air and increase your tire pressure kaw kaw, sure get more than 200hp :nyehehe: :nyehehe: :nyehehe: :D :p

Zoggee & Fab,

Yes, I have to ask the same question Franklin asked.......how did they get the engine output curves cos urs is a rolling road dyno.....and not an engine dyno ( which means the engine is bolted straight to the dyno machine for that....)

The loss thru ur transmission is also high, as mentioned by the others. 20-25% is what I expect.

Anyway, congrats on another upgrade.....yeah, dun want play car anymore....wake boarding only now.......ka ka ka...once a motorhead , always a motorhead!

Originally posted by Zoggee@May 20 2005, 06:36 PM
Did the conversion together with my mechanic :yahoo: and haven't fine tune the engine yet..but..muahahahaa...!!! can feel the refinement aledi. :)

Conversion Costs..
1.Perfect Power SMT6 RM1700
2.Bosch MAF......RM1400

more to come..still got to spend some moolah to fine tune my engine..
koko zogg........rm3100 spent....is it really cost effective?having spent that much to have this much hp gains?i donno.i personally feel that's too much to pay to get to this....but then again,a Felali is just small change to a billionaire....... :blush:

Tan Sri Moots,

Hp is never cheap to acquire........anyway here's another way to look at it.....improving drivability and upgrading some archaic fuel injection system components with some current ones whilst realising a gain in power ain't a bad thing no?

Cost is relative mar....some people drink RM1.20 coffee at mamak, some drink RM12.00 coffee at cafes..........

Top Bottom