Does 1 series have problem like Audi TT?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
astroboy, albundy..tks 4 d heart stopping videos..wonder if my 118i can do dat..heehee! better not..tyres sure botak! i get d fish tail thingy too when cornering or over slight uneven surface in moderate speed..thought car got probs but now....i guess not la aft reading ur comments....phew!

pion;391048 said:
Fuad,
First of all CONGRATS on yr new car :top:
..the "bounce" could be due to the wrong tyre pressure. Since your car is under warranty u should be able to get it sorted out free of charge.
Mine has some rattle at the black high gloss trim area on the dashboard which was there since i got the car new. Have yet to find the time to get the dealer to sort it out. I believe th rattle is caused by the clips holding the trim.
Wat's the colour of yr car? Yr 2008 make? :)
Anyway, its a darn fun car to drive.

pion..fuad..I also got d same sentiments s u guys! i thought smth is so wrong w my car..kinda regret buying it..BUT NOW..different story la...bulls eye 4 pion cos its d clips/brackets dats loose dats causing d rattling sound. when i thump on d airbag panel next 2 d black trim on passenger side d rattling goes away but when i hit a bump it starts again...so smth is loose there. when i hv ppl in my car i purposely put on loud music lest they say...eh, y BMW car also got rattling sounds?...*malu*
another louder sound dat i condone is aft arn 150+km..there's dis loud *TUCKK* sound coming fr under d platform or above glove compartment area ( i seriously dunno where also)..told technician n he said..tada problem etc...so i also give up la!

cheekychewy26;403025 said:
astroboy, albundy..tks 4 d heart stopping videos..wonder if my 118i can do dat..heehee! better not..tyres sure botak! i get d fish tail thingy too when cornering or over slight uneven surface in moderate speed..thought car got probs but now....i guess not la aft reading ur comments....phew!

Aiyaa... rubber is wear and tear la.. just like condom.. :p

How come u can get fish tail? :eek: Isn't your DSC functioning? Very dangerous speeding in the wet le... better check to see if it works..

This morning took my E90 out early to send kids to school, roads are clear, both DTC and DSC off, engage "DS", approached a U-turn slow, to let the traffic ahead clears off, when its my turn, whack the pedal/floor the pedal/"lapp yau" and listen to the N46 growl follows by all 4 tyres screeching sound around the bend, can feel a little oversteer, end with a 10-15% counter steer and keep pedaling... Damn syiok and satisfied.. :top: (no fish tail :p)

Took this photo at the next traffic light with a big grin on my face.. to confirm and help me remember that this is my favorite drive mode! :top: (did the same yesterday but the electronic drive assist system intercepts when tyre screech started, total engine cut, POTONG STEAM!!)

LGIM0101.jpg

This is what BMW is all about!

astroboy;409303 said:
Aiyaa... rubber is wear and tear la.. just like condom.. :p

How come u can get fish tail? :eek: Isn't your DSC functioning? Very dangerous speeding in the wet le... better check to see if it works..

This morning took my E90 out early to send kids to school, roads are clear, both DTC and DSC off, engage "DS", approached a U-turn slow, to let the traffic ahead clears off, when its my turn, whack the pedal/floor the pedal/"lapp yau" and listen to the N46 growl follows by all 4 tyres screeching sound around the bend, can feel a little oversteer, end with a 10-15% counter steer and keep pedaling... Damn syiok and satisfied.. :top: (no fish tail :p)

Took this photo at the next traffic light with a big grin on my face.. to confirm and help me remember that this is my favorite drive mode! :top: (did the same yesterday but the electronic drive assist system intercepts when tyre screech started, total engine cut, POTONG STEAM!!)

LGIM0101.jpg

This is what BMW is all about!

wow...tks 4 info..how i wish i was next 2 u...feel d adrenalin rush...esp so early in d morning..hehe! apa itu DTC DSC DS N46...? better read my car manual...still in pristine cond..LOL! sm forumers say fish tail is synonymous w RWD...so?..

Hello to all 1ers owners,

Just wondering how would u compare the 99 Audi TT to the current BMW 118i? Lets say both are manual trans...

Actually i am not even sure if its right to compare the TT to 1 series but since there is a thread here, i just tag on. Hope you dont mind. (always thought the Z3 is the direct comparo to TT though...)

Regards

Top Bottom