The 1 series (user) experience

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
gracetcp;300226 said:
But I don't like the looks of a GTI wor. Not as sexy as my Trixie.

I second tat :rock: :rock: by the end of the day its just a matter of preference and ofcourse the brandname :eek: :eek:

funfer_fahrer;300248 said:

:rolleyes:
In my humble opinion, Jeremy Clarkson is overated and has an overbloated ego.
Why?
1. He dares to be rude
2. He talks kok first and then at the very end he spares a few words about the car that he reviews and comes up with a short conclusion

He is akin to Alvin Gold for those who read Hi-Fi magazines.
Alternatively if you are not familiar with Alvin, he is akin to our Patrick Teoh of our Malaysian radio. Patrick was famous on the airwaves about 10 years or so ago.

:D:D ..there u go...my humble opinion. :D:D

pion;300380 said:
:rolleyes:
In my humble opinion, Jeremy Clarkson is overated and has an overbloated ego.
Why?
1. He dares to be rude
2. He talks kok first and then at the very end he spares a few words about the car that he reviews and comes up with a short conclusion

He is akin to Alvin Gold for those who read Hi-Fi magazines.
Alternatively if you are not familiar with Alvin, he is akin to our Patrick Teoh of our Malaysian radio. Patrick was famous on the airwaves about 10 years or so ago.

:D:D ..there u go...my humble opinion. :D:D

thanx bro for ur humble opinion :4:

salinasaad;300381 said:
than bro for ur humble opinion :4:

A car like Aston Martin also kena kutuk maksimum by Clarkson, inikan pula 1 series. Let it be, that's how he earn a living.

funfer_fahrer;300414 said:
A car like Aston Martin also kena kutuk maksimum by Clarkson, inikan pula 1 series. Let it be, that's how he earn a living.

:eek: :eek: Now look whose talking......... *slap myself piak! piak!* :4:

funfer_fahrer;300419 said:
I never said that. Clarkson did! :burnout: *dusyum! dusyum!*

Then if he said tat SmartForfour is a CRAP u will believe him as well???:stupid:

hehehehehehehe :4:

salinasaad;300422 said:
Then if he said tat SmartForfour is a CRAP u will believe him as well???:stupid:

hehehehehehehe :4:

In certain areas - yes. Clarkson wanted the car to be as high quality as the VW golf and having the fun factor of a Mini, and so did I. If I take him too seriously, I will never buy a car because to him all cars are crap! I might as well fly aeroplanes. Having said that, I am one of his biggest fans because he brings joy to the motoring world. Imagine all of us talks about expansion tanks and radiators all day long...

funfer_fahrer;300426 said:
In certain areas - yes. Clarkson wanted the car to be as high quality as the VW golf and having the fun factor of a Mini, and so did I. If I take him too seriously, I will never buy a car because to him all cars are crap! Having said that, I am one of his biggest fans because he brings joy to the motoring world. Imagine all of us talks about expansion tanks and radiators all day long...

haiz.... bro, if u feel tat he brings joy to u tats good :top: but as for me i dont know him so im not gonna comments anything :4: Like u said tats what he does for a living so there u go :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

p/s: I'm done with the CRAP thingy.... btw nice meeting u :4:

I love the shape of the 130 tii , it was on the cover page of our local car magazines recently.. hope they bring the car in to m'sia..

on clarkson - dont worry abt him, agree with fuhrer, supercar also kena hantam, so dont expect nice words from him on 'other lesser powerful cars'.. remember when he kutuk our produa car long time ago ?? but, he brings general world knowledge into his writing, so kinda interesting tho..

salinasaad;300430 said:
haiz.... bro, if u feel tat he brings joy to u tats good :top: but as for me i dont know him so im not gonna comments anything :4: Like u said tats what he does for a living so there u go :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

p/s: I'm done with the CRAP thingy.... btw nice meeting u :4:

Janganlah berdendam..usik-mengusik membawa bahagia:love: . You should read books written by Clarkson. Damn funny. Imagine, Queen Elizabeth also kena hantam!:top: Once you know Clarkson, you'll never get enough of him:21:

pion;300054 said:
Greetings and Good Morning. :D

Having read most of the reviews from the internet, i was wondering if the 1 series owners here care to share/comment on their 1 series especially in terms of :

1. Reliability. Has it been a trouble free ownership so far?
2. Comfort - town driving & long distance.
3.The run flat tyres. Any one changed ther tyres so far? Did u change it to another run flat OR change to normal ones.
4. Servicing of the car. How was the service at the service center?
5. Any further comments that u would like to add? Happy with the car? Worth every ringgit? :)

Your feedback is very much appreciated.
Cheers...:wink:

Here's my experience with my 116i.

I have had this for about 3 months now, no trouble at all. My tyres however kena paku, so had to get my flat-run tyres patched for RM20. Only problem that I got was the steering screeches when turned fully. And sometimes slightly sluggish pick up, even flooring the metal

It's a very hard ride, I would say that the passengers may not feel that comfortable, esp when there are so many bumps, uneven road in Malaysia. My other half gets dizzy LOL esp when we take on a hump!! Otherwise, I love the handling and being able to zip here and there. For my car, 1.6L is underpowered I would say. So get 118 at LEAST!! As for long distance, haven't tried it yet.

3.The run flat tyres. Any one changed ther tyres so far? Did u change it to another run flat OR change to normal ones.
As noted by many, hard ride, meaning going over a hump is not really pleasant lor....

First service is due, but now overseas...

5. Any further comments that u would like to add? Happy with the car? Worth every ringgit?
Must say the best looking car I ever had. Everytime u lay your eyes on it, it just gives you this special kinda feeling. I love it! Interior is top-class, and my next car WILL be a BMW (1 series or otherwise!)

pion;300054 said:
Greetings and Good Morning. :D

Having read most of the reviews from the internet, i was wondering if the 1 series owners here care to share/comment on their 1 series especially in terms of :

5. Any further comments that u would like to add? Happy with the car? Worth every ringgit? :)

Your feedback is very much appreciated.
Cheers...:wink:

Pion bro i think u wont be having any major issue on the new 1 series seriously the build quality well its not bad comfort wise i think should be ok in fact i am trying to get use to the Run Flat tyres at the moment maybe i opt to change it to the normal tyres instead. If you are saying worth every penny we are spending well i should say YUP! So happy driving ya

Enjoy yr ride ya!! In fact for the past few days trying to pulled my wife 1series steering but FAIL!!! So no choice drive my GTI back!

Quikflyer;300580 said:
Here's my experience with my 116i.

I have had this for about 3 months now, no trouble at all. My tyres however kena paku, so had to get my flat-run tyres patched for RM20. Only problem that I got was the steering screeches when turned fully. And sometimes slightly sluggish pick up, even flooring the metal

It's a very hard ride, I would say that the passengers may not feel that comfortable, esp when there are so many bumps, uneven road in Malaysia. My other half gets dizzy LOL esp when we take on a hump!! Otherwise, I love the handling and being able to zip here and there. For my car, 1.6L is underpowered I would say. So get 118 at LEAST!! As for long distance, haven't tried it yet.

As noted by many, hard ride, meaning going over a hump is not really pleasant lor....

First service is due, but now overseas...

5. Any further comments that u would like to add? Happy with the car? Worth every ringgit?
Must say the best looking car I ever had. Everytime u lay your eyes on it, it just gives you this special kinda feeling. I love it! Interior is top-class, and my next car WILL be a BMW (1 series or otherwise!)

To be honest the 118 is still quite underpowered!

The 135i will be a very very good car indeed but if we stay in overseas ok no problem! But abt RM3k for road tax well again for this size of vehicle i think well it will not be selling in number seriously

Top Bottom