Cutting BMW diamond key

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Attention! Before ordering keys or Central lock sets (EWS/CAS) etc. check The authorization of the customer by Controlling the original vehicle- Documents and personal photo Identification card. --------------------------- Information regarding remote control: Basic = remote control 433 MHZ SA 876 = remote control 315 MHZ SA 875 = infrared remote control

Maybe will help from
http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E...browse/bodywork/key_with_battery_up_to_09_99/

Key is now cut, thanks

Went to SS2 today to cut my key, indeed the locksmith shop in one of the bungalow has the machine to do it. Thanks bro Pussy for the heads up.

5222565185_e8a021c1ef.jpg

The blank key before being cut

5222565187_bcdbe2907a.jpg

The guy cutting it. By the looks of the machine I believe its also capable of cutting the 'snake' cut in some other type of diamond key.

5222565193_9e7791e873.jpg

Key after it has been cut. Hope it can start my car, haven't tried yet but the remote does work.

Detail of the locksmith:

DEXTROUS Enterprise Sdn. Bhd.
No. 60, Jalan SS2/24, 47300 PJ.

Tel: 03-78777569/70776566

Cut key only RM30. I don't see any BMW keys in the shop so you have to bring your own.

the new cut key does work in my car. starts first time. now using it in my car to charge it up as it has been idle for a while.

Just to share, if anybody needs to get the Panasonic VL rechargeable battery for their diamond key, there's a place called RS in Glenmarie. You have to order online. I got mine for something like RM20. But haven't replaced it yet. Can't find anybody to do it for me.

Hi guys,

since we at the topic...

how do i remove key from the little pouch?

i want to change new one but dunno how to remove it...

thanks

Just some info to share here, to determine on ur frequency, just open the c-pillar cover on the right side, and look carefully at the antenna module. it does state the frequency, as well as the part number.

Now that I know which machine they use to cut the diamond keys, I saw a lot of key cutter have that machine. Quite easy to find. Looks exactly like the photo above.

sachseelan;590001 said:
Hi guys,
since we at the topic...how do i remove key from the little pouch?
i want to change new one but dunno how to remove it...
thanks

Just pull the black round stud (bigger one) from the base. It is clip-on type!

thanks Jerman...

huh, i was turning it all ways round thinking its a screw mechanism and afraid will damage if simply pull..

cheers

Re: Find place to duplicate for my E36 in seremban area...key type E

Dear ALL,

I have my E36, and the key is around the type E....till now i still can not find a place to
duplicate my car key successfully in seremban. Could anyone show me the place to do so ??

Hi All,

Riding on this thread as well. I think I have the famous melting rubber key. Mine is a 318CI Jap Spec yr 2000. The key is similar to the type C ones. Presume that is battery operated? Anyone knows where I can get a new set of those remote? The remote is in quite a bad shape now. If anyone knows there to get, please let me know.

Prinze;592297 said:
Hi All,

Riding on this thread as well. I think I have the famous melting rubber key. Mine is a 318CI Jap Spec yr 2000. The key is similar to the type C ones. Presume that is battery operated? Anyone knows where I can get a new set of those remote? The remote is in quite a bad shape now. If anyone knows there to get, please let me know.

U can just changing the rubber. Ebay is a good place to source the rubber or key shell.

jarance;578865 said:
haywire, some BMW key are cut on the outside like type "C". This can be done any locksmith shop.

Type "D" required laser cutting, I was told. Try PM Alex5522. I know he have duplicate a key before.

Resizeofe46bmw-keyS.jpg

bro jarance,

mine's Japan spec (photo A), and wants to change to (photo D)...

any place in KL can change the key & set the frequency so that "diamond shape" workable for all aspects (lock/unlock/open rear boot)?

thank you.

kokwei9035;592325 said:
bro jarance,

mine's Japan spec (photo A), and wants to change to (photo D)...

any place in KL can change the key & set the frequency so that "diamond shape" workable for all aspects (lock/unlock/open rear boot)?

thank you.

Ask bro Pussy, I think he changed his key cover to look close to the diamond shape key.

bmw7833;592317 said:
U can just changing the rubber. Ebay is a good place to source the rubber or key shell.

Thanks. Will definitely check it out.

haywire;592330 said:
Ask bro Pussy, I think he changed his key cover to look close to the diamond shape key.

Calling Pussy...maybe I can change mine altogether..

hi guys,

I just need a third FOB . my diamond key looks like this one

Diamond_Key.jpg

any leads? thanks

Hi guys and Eagle Locksmith,
Just a quick question..my E60 key (like the type D), the remote function to close/open the door is not functioning..some said that i need to drive the car around with the respective key and let it recharged. I did that, and still the remote key is not functioning. However, i have no problem to start the car from the key.
Do i need to change the battery? if yes, anyone selling it and for how much..?
Thanks in advance..

Top Bottom