Cleaning your E46 Air Mass Sensor (KL/PJ) area.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

eterna22

Club Guest
Hi guys, once again i'm back.i am getting tremendous respond from forummers and i have finished my 2nd bottle of MASS Airflow Cleaner and this is my 3rd bottle.I regret that i am unable to do this FREE anymore, as it cost time and money to go around cleaning AFMs.Sorry to those i have not replied messages or queries. I am tied up with work lately. I am doing a fundraising for my Europe trip that is coming up next 2 months and i thought if i could get some help back from forummers instead :wink:Do read on if you are interested.The Problem with E46BMW always use Air Flow Meter instead of going for MAP sensor.What is the airflow meter? air flow meter is a device that lies between your airbox and your intake manifold. what it does is that it calculates wind speed, wind pressure and wind temperature that is coming into your engine, combining data from your trottle position systems, in short, it provides the engine the idea of how much fuel to shoot via the injector.The Air flow meter is a small metal stick that is very sensitive. It tends to get dirty after sometime (2 years- 3 years) so what symtom does it get when its dirty ? well, depends how severe it is. not so severe case will get higher fuel consumption, loss of low end torque power and high end rev jerking. Severe cases causes the car go come out with the ERROR CODE on the computer. Gear changes up and down for no reason, jerking low end, crappy idling and basically doesnt feel like a BMW anymore.How i know ? cause i got a SEVERE CASE SYMTOM, i have no freaking CLUE and i went to the workshop and they plug some computer in my car and FAULT CODE is out. so the solution??? very easy. Just change the AFM. :eek: who doesnt know that our mother is female ??? how much ?? oh , very cheap only... RM1,000 including labour or RM950 (just the AFM).:stupid::stupid::stupid:Cut the story shortI discovered the magic. i did on my car. it works, fault code TARAK!!! so i live happily ever after, after i told my friend that owns a E46 325. i Ask him, do u experience anything ? he said, no. not at all. nothing wrong with my car.... but since u say its so magic, lets clean it....so bla bla bla..... after the process is done, he went for a spin, he told me unbelievable. low end torque improve so much, usually he step 25% to go up the hill (his house on top of hill) and now he just step 10% he can go up that hill on a higher gear, lower rev and it maintains. usually going up the hill the car will downshift and rev higher. its not a steephill by the way. just a small climb. so indeed he was thankful, bla bla bla... and so were many forummers.Fund raisingAs i am going for Europe i need to save tons of $$$ and i am unable to provide this free anymore. Bottle of cleaner + my time and petrol money to go over to your place just cost money. i would however do it for a small fee. i know i know i know before you shoot me:22: i know this is a forum and its suppose to be free and everything for BMW owners. i did it, but it didnt work out. i would like to continue to contribute. but with a small amount of fees. i will keep it minimum for everyone's benefit.works for BMW 318,320,323,325,328,330, 318ci,320ci,325ci,330ci . M3 i dont know i havent try before. i dare not touch. hahaahahaha.also works for E39 5 series, all model ranges.KL/PJ area i am charging RM50subang/shah alam/klang/ bangi area i am charging RM65support a bit lah:shakehands::shakehands::shakehands:pls call/sms 017-3332627 for more info.

eterna22;427370 said:
Thanks bro Jarance.

would you like to clean yours ? hehehe:driver:

Actually, I also a DIY guy. Did the cleaning by myself based on your info. Thanks

BTW, The price that you are charging is reasonable considering that :-
1. you are going to the person house. (petrol & tolls)
2. Provide your time and material
3. Provide your expertise.

Owner no need to get their hand dirty.

Pro.
1. Car more responsive if the MAF is dirty.
2. Fuel Consumption shall improved by 3 to 5 %.

BTW, what will you be doing in Europe?

jarrance,

So you did felt the difference? i bet u feel so satisfied after that. just like i did. hahaha.

thanks for the support, hope it made a difference for your car.

BTW, im going to Europe with my gf. She always wanted to go. so time to bring her there to pop the question:love:

so when can we meet for cleaning mine..? i be the 1st to support la... best wishes wt ur "pop"... cheers

sach
017 6555222

how long do you take to clean the AFM??? Does it work on E60 5-Series???
I would like to get it clean as well... as my recon car is about 4 years old. RM50 is considered Ok for me :D
Call me at 017-3743388.
I'm only in klang valley on weekends...

525 M-Sport 2005 Japanese specs... the cleaner workable on my car??? :D

got it !! thanks the the response its overwhelming. since there is a lot of E60 demand, i will lay my hands on 1 of my friend's first before doing it on yours!

Thanks Bro!

thule;427403 said:
how long do you take to clean the AFM??? Does it work on E60 5-Series???
I would like to get it clean as well... as my recon car is about 4 years old. RM50 is considered Ok for me :D
Call me at 017-3743388.
I'm only in klang valley on weekends...

if your car is 4 years old and the maf have never been cleaned, it might help. Of course, having a clean filter also help as well.:top:

just dont expect a miracle to happen by cleaning a MAF. having a clean MAF is one of thing to have good performance for the engine.

There are also condition like:-
1. tyres pressure
2. lubrication oil
3. spark plug
4. air filter
5. fuel filter.

eterna22, nothing wrong charging for this. Why should you be spending your time, petrol, car maintenence running aroung for free? :stupid:

Will call you when I need this done... good luck bro!

All MAF are basically the same. It works by 2 wires system. it the wires are dirty, then the air flow reading is affected.

Cleaning the MAF will enable the MAF to detect the speed and air temperature accurately thus enable proper combustion by the ECU or DME. Of course, the outcome of combustion is monitored by the 2 nos of O2 sensors. The ECU will then adjust the firng/amount of fuel injected to compensate CO and O2 detected.

Jarance,

Thanks for the explanation. Nicely done.

I just got back from doing 2 E46 318s. been a tired day !!

what i can say is the 318 has got more space, and easier to do !

hahaha...

Top Bottom