Childseat latch

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Toffeeman

Club Guest
I have a E46 pre face lift 2002 325 model.I can't seem to find the ISOFIX latch attachment at the back seat. I was told by the AB guy that BMW DID NOT have ISOFIX latch attachment on pre facelift models. Is that true?If that is true, I am really surprised that BMW does not take such safety consideration seriously. Quite disappointed.However, if it is not true, can someone enlighten me where are the latches?Many thanx

I'm surprised. I thought all E46 would have it as it is mounted to the chassis. The ISOFIX is located at the rear seats near the safety belt buckle. If its not there, perhaps AB chose not to fit it in the earlier cars? Btw, mine is the facelifted 2002 model.

Use the seatbelt to secure it. The instructions of the child seat should outline how to secure it with the seat belt.

Isofix mountings can only work with Isofix-ready child seats anyway. Such child seats are rare in Malaysia and so normal child seats will do just fine in your pre-facelift E46.

Remember to use the 3-point inertia reel belts in the rear seat and not the 2-point static lap belts in the middle of the rear seat.

Also, do not use the child seat on the front passenger seat since BMW does not provide for the front passenger airbag to be disabled (my ex-Alfa 156 allowed me to switch off the front passenger airbag).

Originally posted by wglee@May 28 2006, 11:02 PM

Also, do not use the child seat on the front passenger seat since BMW does not provide for the front passenger airbag to be disabled (my ex-Alfa 156 allowed me to switch off the front passenger airbag).
Forward facing child seats are ok at the front passenger seat but backward facing seats are not. However its best to fit it at the rear corners like what wglee says.

Top Bottom