Checklist to buy a used BMW 525i E60

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ardjunaputra

Salam and greetings to all Seniors, Sifu n Guru. Already finish paying my Honda Civic 1.8. Planning to "feel" to drive a BMW 5s. Used one will be fine as it will be my 1st experience. But could u gents/ladies share what are the checklists n guidelines to buy a used car. I am 0 knowledge about automotive. And is it ok to buy a 2005 made bmw since now is 2016. Tqvm

You can go to any authorised BMW dealers' workshop and ask them to do a complete mechanical & diagnostic test. Will cost you about RM 150.00 and they will print out report of the test.

For a BMW e60 year 2005, please be prepared to fork out at least RM 15k for parts replacement.

ardjunaputra said:
Tqvm bro, could u please suggest me reliable centre within kl vicinity
where are you located bro...have you identified the e60?

Check what spec it is, is it a Japanese import? If so sat nav etc will not work here. These cars are heavy on the front suspension if doing a lot of town driving, listen out for any knocks when going over bumps/rough ground. Have a look at the engine for oil leaks or noises at the top end of the engine. The water pump has been known to leak, when the car is cold, carefully open up the expansion tank cap, there should be a float that rises to indicate the coolant level, if it is low the could be a leak. Listen to the brakes when coming to a stop, do they squeal? If so maybe after market pads are fitted and will continue to be noisy. Check the handbrake, they get stiff due to lack of use on auto cars. Check all the electrics work, seats, air con, mirrors etc.
If it passes all these checks and the garage that inspects it gives it a clean bill of health then buy it, you will not be sorry!!

You survey and compare the price are the following website without stepping out of your house, once you identify a few that is in favour of you, then contact the seller to see and test drive the car.
www.carlist.com
www.motortrader.com.my
www.mudah.myk.
Don't trust the millage, I don't think BMW owner travel less then 100k after 10 years. You may try to call up Auto Bavaria and Wearnes Autohaus to check their last service date & millage.
Life spend for most of the parts are 100,000km. Be ready for some maintenance fee for every 100k millage. Tyre maintenance is another cost you have to set budget for it otherwise it might give you a shock. Normally you need to change new sets of tyre in order to have it true performance.

Is it okay to buy a bmw 525i lci changed to 530i engine ??

As much as possible, try to find units that has original parts. If u still decide on the unit with the swapped engine, make sure the JPJ engine interchange has been approved and completed. LCI units would be on the N52 engine? both are 3.0 lit engines.

Top Bottom