CarSoft diagnostic software

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

taabster

Club Guest
Dear all,i am wondering if any bimmers kaki had used the above software before and wonder how good it is? Your advice and information greatly appreciated.ps. this software comes with all necessary connector for BMW diagnostic.:D

had a chance to try it last year... installed on winxp sp2, but it failed to run... so.. don't know how well it works.

yes, with all the adapters, we couldn't get the software to run on winxp sp2, so we couldn't test the adapters.

magicfox;198425 said:
yes, with all the adapters, we couldn't get the software to run on winxp sp2, so we couldn't test the adapters.

where to get the adapters... ?
can we source for it locally here?

well, we will need the whole package (adapter + CarSoft software) if its going to work. Let me get in touch with the seller on XP SP2 compatibility.

brader Magicfox, which version was your Carsoft used?

Thanks

taabster;198509 said:
well, we will need the whole package (adapter + CarSoft software) if its going to work. Let me get in touch with the seller on XP SP2 compatibility.

brader Magicfox, which version was your Carsoft used?

Thanks

i got it installed in XP SP1. No adapter though.
SP2 should be able to work without much problem.

my friend got the whole package, software with all adapters.. and installed it on my laptop... but we couldn't get it running on my laptop..

taabster.. i can't remember the carsoft version.

I have tried downloading a cracked version 6.5 but got this error " path too long...error" hence incomplete installation! :( but managed to open up the app which the interface looks very impresive.

If I am not mistaken, the carsoft is still "DOS" version or 16 bit technology. Maybe it is not compatible with Window XP. Better to have a dual bootup.
eg..partition the harddisk to startup on Window 98se and use the program.

revert back to normal window (i.e. Xp) when you are done.

I think Carsoft BMW up to V 5.8 is for win98, 6.1 and up will run XP.
Heard that the cracked ones don't run properly - some features unavailable etc.

cheers

About diagnostic connector.., anybody know which pin no go to which pin no from PC 9 pin serial port to 20 pin BMW connector?

the version i have downloaded works in window xp and sp2.
wan520i has installed it successfully as well.

What he's up to, splicing the wire.. and jury rigging here and there..i dunno. Hee Hee... pls let us know the outcome.

eh, wan520i, just dun go blow up your ECU... then it gonna be more expensive in getting a proper set or just taking it to your mech for diagnostic. :D

jarance;219901 said:
where to download the latest program?

do a search at bittorent site..they have up to 6.5 version..up to 2005 production..i have not installed yet..dont know whether it works or not?

I have gotten the v6.5 from Sesat...it works:) But without the cable and adapter, its useless.

wan520i may have something up his sleeve... provided he dun bungkus his ECU first....!!!!

wan520i
yoooo... how's the testing bro?

wan520i;220147 said:
About diagnostic connector.., anybody know which pin no go to which pin no from PC 9 pin serial port to 20 pin BMW connector?

I can only advise if you can tell me if the communication protocol is RS232 or
RS485. Sometime you may need a RS232/RS485 converter to communicate properly. In addition, you need a USB to serial converter. (Nowadays all laptop don't come with serial com port.)

Top Bottom