Car got hit by bike

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

suntze

Club Guest
Damn this motorcyclist. While I was stuck in a traffic jam at Bt Caves out of a sudden I heard a sound from behind and saw a motorcyclist while happily 'cilok-ing' through the traffic hit the tail light of my car. He just looked at me and continued ciloking through the traffic. I didn't have time to even take his plate number. $%%#@%**##!!! When I got the chance to inspect my car, saw that the tail light cracked and there's a scratch on the body about 1 jengkal long. Haiya... Just got the car for about 2 months with new paint some more... :aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive: Is there anyway I can touch up just the scratch without repainting the whole car?

So sorry to hear abt that bro.

It will depend on how the scratch is ... If it is too bad, there's no other ways that it can be done besides to repaint the affected areas. If it is not too serious, perhaps a 3-step polish will clear that scratch.

Anyway, there's few good painters around ... BTW, where r ur location ??

I've faced the same problem before, luckily with the 3-step polish clears it.

i'm in shah alam. any good painters nearby? by the way how do i do a 3 step polish?

Bro

I'm not too sure abt Shah Alam areas where to find the good painters... perhaps members from that area will share the info.

To perform the 3-step polish, normally you'll have to go for a good car care centre .... examples namely CARS, PROCARE or others reputable care care centre. Besides that you may look at the paint shop itself, which can provide this services.

All the best ! Wish You !

sorry to hear this bro.,damn cilok-ing people~

bro,PM ' axle ' as for the nearest painter.he's from shah alam too,he might know.

Check out Dr. Dent. He does mobile services like paintless dent repairs, paint touch up for bumper scuffs, key scratches, stone chips etc..., headlight restoration bla bla bla...

If u want i'll PM their address and number. If i'm not mistaken they'll come to your place and do it.

Bro,
Since it was newly painted, better to send it to the some painter. You wont have problems getting the right color. Furthermore it will be cheaper or they might just do it FOC.
Cheers. :D

Hi all. Thank you very much for the help. Anyway I just got back from a painter in Shah Alam (that's where I stay) and he said that the car do not need repainting. It can be restored with 3 step polish (as suggested by Adzhar). Heheh glad that I wouldn't have to repaint.

damn,sorry bout tht dude.
alternatively,gimme a call and i'll c wht can be done.i can intro u to my friends shop in segambut dalam.very cheap & very good.
or if ur scratch isnt so deep,try a mix of rubbing compound(can be obtained at hardware shops) and wax/polish.
but if its too deep thn either call me or ask kevster wht can b done.
call me if anything ok.
rgds,
-brad-

Suntze,
Glad to hear that everything is ok. I learned new things too.

Tyke,
Will try your advice :yes:

Originally posted by maco5007@Jul 29 2005, 01:13 AM
Suntze,
Glad to hear that everything is ok. I learned new things too.

Tyke,
Will try your advice :yes:
maco5007,no worries....go ahead and try tht.have done tht many times due to errant motorists and it helps most of the time.
but pls do make sure u only use 25% rubbing compound and 75% wax/polish or u will end up rubbing/scratching out ur paintwork instead ok!

btw,my car registration number is also 5007! :eek:k:
rgds,
-brad-

Hi tyke,

Can let me know the painter at Segambut Dalam, actually I stay in segambut, may need his service one day ....

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by leonard@Jul 29 2005, 02:37 AM
Hi tyke,

Can let me know the painter at Segambut Dalam, actually I stay in segambut, may need his service one day ....

Thanks in advance!
dude,u got pm! :D

Damn, this week is sure a bad week. Today again my car was hit, but this time I dunno what was it. I parked my car today at Hartamas, near Uncle Don's and when I came back something hit my right side mirror. Again its a scratch but this time it's deeper. Haiya...

Not a good week.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Top Bottom