Caldina GT4 Nspec

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

chriseunos

Club Guest
Hi, my dad just bought a 2003 Caldina GT4, we're not really sure if it's really a N-spec or not. I've checked the internet and searched, according to the N spec version, it has braces and strut bar as standard feature, Recaro seats, LSD etc. My dad's caldina have recaro seats and also the strut braces, the problem is how to check whether there's LSD on the car? Is there anyway to know? Or should i check with Nissan? Thx:) Are there any caldina owners here to enligten me? Chris

Check with Nissan???? Isnt the Caldina a Toyota?? with the Celica SW4 engine.

Normally on a RWD car, you jack up the rear on one side so that 1 rear tyre is lifted of the ground and the other tyre is firmly on the ground. Then release the handbrake. try spinning the tyre which is lifted off the ground. if it spins freely, then it's a normal open diff, if it takes a lot of effort to make it rotate, then it has LSD... However, if it's a Torsen LSD, then this doesn't work... It'll work for Clutch pack LSD and Viscuous LSD.

Try applying that on the Caldina.. If you have no idea what I'm talking about.. then don't bother trying... ;)

opps, wrong info! sorry

The Caldina is an all time 4WD...Regarding the LSD...im really lost

jumpman;208562 said:
The Caldina GT4 is using the 3S-GTE engine.

Correct...handles very well with good tyres. Lacks space and comes only in Autobox. Outlook...very sexy.

for what i know all caldina gt4 or n-spec is with l.s.d! my boss own 1 2!!! but any how ur dad is cool coz driving a turbo car.

280 hp, 4wd...surely comes with lsd..otherwise the 'beast' is hard to tame haha..btw, wads the value of the car now anyways?

the caldina makes 260bhp,not 280.but hell,that's still a lot.

almost bought this car..found out that it only came with a 4AT..bummer.all that power and control through a 4AT!!! what a complete waste.

Redd;217506 said:
260 on crank, 160 on wheel. go figger. ;)

redd

yeah JDM always like that unlike alfas which always the opposite

funny that the culture meanwhile is totally the opposite, Japanese being humble & italian gregarious :)

i did drove the car to penang once on my boss car.... not bad hitting bout 220km quite fund. Yeah only thing is auto... hai ya... potong stim skit :)

How come 100bhp is lost ?
Anyway, is it suitable as a small family "MPV" ?
I love it's sexy look .

8080pbmw;217787 said:
How come 100bhp is lost ?

who knows? automatic maybe. 4WD transmission. japanese horses having shorter legs than european ponies? ;)

redd

lost of 100bhp is too much for a new vehicle.
could it be the fuel grade in Japan is higher octane level from M'sia?
I remember a episode in Fifth Gear where they tested a small cc car , VW GTi and WRX. turn out that high performance engine does gain bhp from higher octane fuel but lower output engine are just better off just using the 92 RON.

but nevertheless, i still love the Caldina GT4. it would be a nice vehicle to have.

Top Bottom