Buying a 1999 E39 523 UK Spec

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

E36Turbo

Club Guest
Dear sifus... i am actually searching for a nice E39.. been looking around.. saw a few.. from 520-525i (not 528 yet)... can anyone of you advise what should i look for ? i know its a very general question... but a general statement or any advises are very much appreciated...:)

E36Turbo said:
Dear sifus... i am actually searching for a nice E39.. been looking around.. saw a few.. from 520-525i (not 528 yet)... can anyone of you advise what should i look for ? i know its a very general question... but a general statement or any advises are very much appreciated...:)

E36Turbo,
bro,
It's difficult to furnish you with more info as "what should I look for" covers almost everything under the sun! I guess the standard ones would be, no major accident on the exterior, oil leakage, cooling system/air-cond, smooth gearshift, interior conditions and the selling price $$$ meeting your expectations? The best option is if you could get another E39 owner to have a spin in it!

Join us for TT on November 10th and all the sifus should be there to help, bro!

Jerman said:
E36Turbo,
bro,
It's difficult to furnish you with more info as "what should I look for" covers almost everything under the sun! I guess the standard ones would be, no major accident on the exterior, oil leakage, cooling system/air-cond, smooth gearshift, interior conditions and the selling price $$$ meeting your expectations? The best option is if you could get another E39 owner to have a spin in it!

Join us for TT on November 10th and all the sifus should be there to help, bro!

Okie Jerman... noted... oh ya just one question : UK Spec 1999 523i saw 1... asking for 120k ( nego..possibility of 4-5% discount).. for the price.. (lets take into consideration its Tip Top).. is it ok ?:)

Will try to drop by for TT..

E36Turbo said:
Okie Jerman... noted... oh ya just one question : UK Spec 1999 523i saw 1... asking for 120k ( nego..possibility of 4-5% discount).. for the price.. (lets take into consideration its Tip Top).. is it ok ?:)

I think 120k for year 1999 is on the high side. Maybe, below 110k. Check prices in the The Star classified (car for sales column)

E36Turbo said:

Yup, definitely a bit on the high side... I won't pay anything more than 105k. But then again, you have to look at the car's condition. I won't mind paying close to 110k if it has full service history and in tip-top condition. Another thing to look out for is the AP of the car.

Hello E36Turbo, My friend just got a 1999 E39 523i with full service history and only 65k km on the clock for 105K . However, it's quite stock with only upgrade on the indicator and rear lights to white.

Thanks guys..... Urghhh... Let me go and talk to the owner again...
Oh ya... about the "checking" the AP.. how can i make sure its properly transfered or done..

i think it's jpj or jabatan kastam, they have a special counter to check the validity of the AP, customs form, etc.

E36Turbo said:

bro get the 525i Msport if you can afford it. You will not regret it. On paper the 525i and the 523i is the same but on the road the 525i definitly has more power. there is a big diffrence between them. I guess you will have to drive to feel it. the diffrence is the Msport comes with the bodykits and the suspension. The only thing you need to do is exhaust and rims.

bimmer73 said:
bro get the 525i Msport if you can afford it. You will not regret it. On paper the 525i and the 523i is the same but on the road the 525i definitly has more power. there is a big diffrence between them. I guess you will have to drive to feel it. the diffrence is the Msport comes with the bodykits and the suspension. The only thing you need to do is exhaust and rims.

Thanks brother... i actually checked the 525i M54 engine... i think 190+ HP... it was wonderful... Urgghh... tempting... hee heee... its a japan spec.. well.. looks good.. going for 155k+ nego.. hmmmm... The Msport, bit out of my budget.. its the maintainence part i am worrrryyyingggg... haa haaa.. anyway, will see...:D

DiNAN.328i said:
i think it's jpj or jabatan kastam, they have a special counter to check the validity of the AP, customs form, etc.

Thanks bro... will do that..:)

Be mindful that UK-spec 520i, 523i and 528i have serious problems with the Nikasil cylinder liners in the engine. This has been discussed elsewhere in the Forums and on the Net.

E36Turbo said:

Would you like to buy my 2001 525i ?

selling already, ah?

funfer_fahrer said:

F Fuhrer,
What? Selling already, ah? I thought we had an "agreement" to keep it for classic-status? :rolleyes:

Jerman said:
F Fuhrer,
What? Selling already, ah? I thought we had an "agreement" to keep it for classic-status? :rolleyes:

The car is still in stock standard configuration what? The classic-status is still there.:D

It is my understanding that used car dealer can only import cars up to 5 years of age. For older car, they declare newer year of made.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

E36Turbo said:
Thanks brother... i actually checked the 525i M54 engine... i think 190+ HP... it was wonderful... Urgghh... tempting... hee heee... its a japan spec.. well.. looks good.. going for 155k+ nego.. hmmmm... The Msport, bit out of my budget.. its the maintainence part i am worrrryyyingggg... haa haaa.. anyway, will see...:D

Maintainance cost will all depends on how you look after your Ride. My opinion is to go for the Msport 525i it is a better choice. Not to say that the 523 is a bad pick.

525i

bimmer73 said:

i bet u surely ask people to buy Sebring exhaust rite.....????????????

funfer_fahrer said:

Mr 5 Series Driver,

apa sudah jadi, baru satu kali convor sudah mau jual kereta ........ ???? next convou coming this early DEC.

Yazid

Top Bottom