bridgestone potenza RE001

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
potenza re001 adrenalin is the latest performance tyres for bridgestone... it is a very sticky tyres even in the rain.... I was actually choosing between advan neova and adrenalin but then change my mind and stick to re050a instead..

from what I have been reading here guys, the re001 sounds interesting. I've been on dragons coming up to 2 years now and happy with them but they need to be changed soon and as usual keen to try something new....so keep the comments coming.....I'm nearly sold on them...hehehe

well, price we need to pay is heavy leh. so, tombstone, how is the tire so far? any more report on it?

actually, mine is stil alright. could last me till next year (at the rate i m driving my e30).

tombstone...sounds like you the man so just asking what's your estimate on the re001's mileage....my dragons are hitting close to 60K now, almost 2 years.....

elwine30;219078 said:
well, price we need to pay is heavy leh. so, tombstone, how is the tire so far? any more report on it?

actually, mine is stil alright. could last me till next year (at the rate i m driving my e30).

no more reports la bro, the car is getting a well deserved rest before its being hauled back into the workshop to do some minor mods... :D

rexmail;219080 said:
tombstone...sounds like you the man so just asking what's your estimate on the re001's mileage....my dragons are hitting close to 60K now, almost 2 years.....

no la bro, not the man, juz an ordinary joe...

my estimate mileage, with constant driving mebbe 30k but how many of us do 30k km in a year?? my e30 for a year plus i have only done approx 5k km only.

Another thing, due to our e30 camber setup i dun think the rear tyres will last that long either...very negative... and these tyres are directional...

im using RE001 215/45/17, but cant make any further comments since my car's handling sux. should be a good tyre to roll....

tombstone,

i thought i m the only one who clock so little with the e30. hehehee

well, i also heard that bridgestone tires are prone to uneven wear especially not driven for a long time.

supafly;219172 said:
im using RE001 215/45/17, but cant make any further comments since my car's handling sux. should be a good tyre to roll....

on my brothers e30, i got him the 205/55/15

on my e30 i m using the 205/50/16

i guess its fine... :)

elwine30;219182 said:
tombstone,

i thought i m the only one who clock so little with the e30. hehehee

well, i also heard that bridgestone tires are prone to uneven wear especially not driven for a long time.

sama sama la brother...

e30 = apple of my eye...

so must sayang her...

recently i havent driven her for two weeks cos too busy with work now batt mati...altho i start her 3 times a week...

not enuff to charge batt :(

RE 001 Review (and a bit about GIII and GSD3 too !)

Don't have it on my BMW but just replaced my CLK 230K's Eagle GSD3 (my 3rd set, they're that good. But can't get sizes anymore) with the Bridgestone RE001's (225/45/17F 245/40/17R) and done about 5000 klicks on them.

Feedback : I don't like 'em. Steering feedback is muted compared with my F1GSD3s - kind of like running with lots of mud on my old tires. Consequently I can't place the car as well as I could with the GSD3's. Handling in wet about on par with my GSD3's - did about 160-180 km/h on the KLIA runs with slight rain after heavy downpour and they performed well with no aquaplaning. Braking in wet was good too. But can't get over the steering feedback thing.

For those of you who are curious about Bridgestones, I also use them (Bridgestone GIII) on my C270 CDI (about 190 b.h.p and 420 NM Torque) , 205/55/16 all round. On my 3rd set and I like 'em. Handle the torque well without slipping, even in the wet and they are very good handler in the wet too. Done about 170 km/h on the KLIA run in the wet, quite confidently - (more so than the RE001s!!). Some people complain about tire noise and harshness but I haven't noticed it (but then, Mercs insulation are very good) , I think they are about the same as the original ContiSports OEMs which I replaced them with.

Hope that helps !

Giii

Oh. I forgot to address that comment about Bridgestone uneven wear etc.
I've run 3 sets of GIII for about 30,000 - 35,0000 km before changing. Align and balance every 10,000 km or so. Pretty hard driver. I have experienced NO uneven wear. And no flat spotting, which I do experience on the GSD3 upon driving on cold tyres (but OK and goes away after 10-20 mins of driving - might be a CLK thing though)

At my place, RE001 Adrenalin 205x50x16 priced at rm330-00 each, Japan made...running out of stock already,macam goreng pisang panas!!
next week baru sampai...
cannot wait till next week...so have to use G111 Potenza at 300-00 each...

old thread but just want to comment .

today bought the Potenza RE001 205/50/16 for my E30 by accident. The fact is I do not know much about this tyre. I got it at RM370/pc. Do not realise this is already 3 year old technology

I think I will like this tyre.

BTW what is the best size for E30 16 inch rims?

Out of topic. Where is the tyre price database updated by Jarance? Tried using search function but cannot find. Am I blind o has it been deleted

yoke;504845 said:
Out of topic. Where is the tyre price database updated by Jarance? Tried using search function but cannot find. Am I blind o has it been deleted

Confirm, thread seems to have disappeared.

Top Bottom