Bridgestone Potenza GIII or Pirelli P7

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Toffeeman

Club Guest
I am currently in the midst of choosing new tyres to replace my worn out Dunlop SP2000E. So far the choice seems narrowed down to Bridgestone Potenza GIII or Pirelli P7. Just wonder any forummers have any experience with these two tyres. Need to know the price as well...Many thanx in advance

The GIII and the P7 are not in the same league - the P7 being the silica compound premium tyre and GIII being the mid-range non-silica compound. Price wise you will know. for 17" P7 should be in the RM600-RM700 region.

an ex forumer just got a set of P6 for his E46...from the Sole dealer of the brand...he said its good even its not being scrub in yet.

I was quoted RM680 for the P7's at the same size for my E46. They dont make dragons for that size, only 16" 45 series.

Instead I purchased P6000 Powergys at RM410 a piece. Felt the P7s were a little expensive.

I have no expierence with Pirelli tires. But I can say, I swear by Bridgestone G3s. I have used several sets on the track and they work for heavy cars like a 5-series. They are actually better the Potenza S03 in the wet. Dry performance is a bit down (slightly). Its the best overall balance for spirited driving, great side-way strength for serious cornering.

I went thru Conti Sports Contact 2 (not bad but expensive!), Yoko AVS Sports (good but easy to wear out, stick on hot days), Dunlop FM901 (pretty bad, hard and noisy, take too long to warm up!) and Yoko ES100 (average tire). The Z-rated G3s are great value. I think its a silica-based compound!.

Top Bottom