body work...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
pussy;521841 said:
hey, datsun.. show la some more pictures.. dun be shy-shy... IM very far away in JB..:smokin:

Aik when did u come to JB, never call pun. :cool:

datsunnismo;521860 said:
hmmm ok will post close up pic tomorrow mornig.
but wont be tht nice if close cus my dashboard cracked very badly and swollen. can see the lines due to i use a normal pvc. and lots of errors....
Let say if i do it again, i might eliminate most of the errors. touch up the dash, make the surface smooth and nice, than wraped it.

Since its my 1st trial, i learn these points after complete only.

Really shy to show the unperfect job. but i'll post some pic tomorrow. kalau teruk, jangan buli saya okay.... :)

It's ok, maybe can work together to get a better result. Thank you. :wink:

teknokrat;521954 said:
nice idea to put kelisa cup holder. how you put it? I think i'm gonna put it too. :rock:
easy bro find from accesories shop oni. i use it to cover the hole for window winder when i convert to power window.
use screwdriver oni :rock:

my car just out from welding shop....

its almost 4 months due to they short hand. but i'm very happy with the job done by the MYANMAR guy.

I'll Post the progress picture soon.

now its time to paint the car and plug the engine

:)

fair enough. Well done for DIY. I am lucky so far not to have any cracks in my dash. BTW, what year is your ride? Cracks in your body made me worried, what if mine is like that too?

kgb, you're very fortunate to find an E30 with a perfect dashboard. keep it moist with vinyl conditioner.

kgb;544430 said:
fair enough. Well done for DIY. I am lucky so far not to have any cracks in my dash. BTW, what year is your ride? Cracks in your body made me worried, what if mine is like that too?

mine is '84.

but the cracks was nicely fix with thicker plates.

front struth bar

Dear all.

im looking to buy front strut bar. when i contacted UR dealer, they recomend me the adjustable strut bar.
need advice from you guys... which is better ???

they advised me to take that one too.. but my car not ready yet, so malas nak fikir lagi.

checked with soem mech just now... they said since its old car there's a change the towers may out of original position (few milimeters). hence non adjustable can't fit.
anybody got experience.???

I prefer the non-adjustable ones since the adjustable is just introducing another point which can wear and loosen over time.

For reference, the non-adjustable UR front + rear bars fit my 1991 E30 without any hassle. :)

thanks nick. however i have heard of issues fitting non-adjustables onto pre-87 E30's. many of such still on the road are displaying signs of structural and metal fatigue.

Often it's down to previous collision damage. If it's close there are some tricks to help get a non adjustable one to fit by jacking one side etc. Some cars are hopeless others will fit like a glove, only way to know is to test fit.

mizhan;544495 said:
kgb, you're very fortunate to find an E30 with a perfect dashboard. keep it moist with vinyl conditioner.

i would not have bought it otherwise. Thanks for advice though, will do that.

auto

body work is done.
now its time to plug in the engine.. but before tht

i seriously need auto transmission for my car. i offen go to outstation (follow other car), and my wife can drive auto only. its really difficult and headache when she want to use car when im not arround. can't affort another car at the moment. cus im moving to a corner lot house. need to reno the house ( quite alot) and my monthly mortgage inslatment has increase. also expecting new member in family (my baby). so i have to give priority to these instead of another car.

so my option

a) fix auto gb to existing m40
b) m42/m43 auto
c) sell the car and buy auto tranny car

PLEASE advice. other opinions are welcome.

Sell your car and buy datsun...!! just kidding..the best way is sell you manual car & find an auto..but if you an adventurous as many of us are...then convert your manual to auto...you can still keep the car..

Top Bottom