body work...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
seams to be a good job, however i question the rust on metal used, it should be cleaned of rust prior to welding... please brush them off prior to under coating... if not back to square 1..

NewBeemw;518085 said:
Wah really looks like original with all the lekuk there. How much does this type of restoration cost? Thanks. :wink:

it cost 2.5 k for the welding jobs..

pussy;518086 said:
seams to be a good job, however i question the rust on metal used, it should be cleaned of rust prior to welding... please brush them off prior to under coating... if not back to square 1..

thanks for your advice bro.

sure i'll ask them to do.

:)

datsunnismo;518273 said:
it cost 2.5 k for the welding jobs..

Just went for a quote on my car's body work yesterday and it's also coming to about RM2k yet to include the chasis which would be donating the parts....might be broke by the time my E30 is done.

the body work progress is slow but im happy with the job...

since some parts here at my home like seat , door card, steering wheel, dashboard etc; i try to do some DIY.
result is acceptable by myself cus its just my hobby and cost me less thn rm 50.. :) ;)

the dashboard. pvc wraped.

View attachment 13762

Leather rewraped steering
View attachment 13760

door card . since my interior and seats in blue colour
View attachment 13761

mod the perodua kelisa cup holder

bro... the steering leather wrap is done wrongly...the 'T' return should be one piece wrap to the back.. either than that, looks a clean job..

any blow up pictures of the dash board.. see the stiching lines

pussy;521173 said:
bro... the steering leather wrap is done wrongly...the 'T' return should be one piece wrap to the back.. either than that, looks a clean job..

any blow up pictures of the dash board.. see the stiching lines

hahahahaha i knew it... actually T should be one piece as u said. but i wrongly cut the leather even i mark it. so, since its my 1st time i just wanna try only. but later after finish lazy to re do again. hmmmm if i got time i'll do it again. i still got some leather left... :) btw,. u got very sharp eye finding an error hahahaha

as for the dashboard i didnt took any pic of the progress.

and the door card... maybe i'll re do again for proper and clean finishing.

thanks bro.

datsunnismo;521203 said:
hahahahaha i knew it... actually T should be one piece as u said. but i wrongly cut the leather even i mark it. so, since its my 1st time i just wanna try only. but later after finish lazy to re do again. hmmmm if i got time i'll do it again. i still got some leather left... :) btw,. u got very sharp eye finding an error hahahaha

as for the dashboard i didnt took any pic of the progress.

and the door card... maybe i'll re do again for proper and clean finishing.

thanks bro.

you mean you Did it Yourself ??

WOW !! :rock:

hahahaha are u guys kidding me..?

not dare to do 3rd party things. scared la.. if any error or i spoil ur steering, mampus saya.

bro do a write up on DIY how to wrap the steering and dashboard. sure it will help a lot of us.
thought u send it to shop to wrap it up. nicely done thumbs up!!

thanks.

its difficult without the pictures.

I might re-do the steering again. thn i'll snap pic of each steps.

:)

impressive effort there to DIY your stuff ...the outcome is awsome ....

weii pussy ...no need TT larrr , we HH

NewBeemw;521812 said:
The dashboard looks like a pro's work. Velli nice. :top:

that's right... that's why i ask for close up shots..

hey, datsun.. show la some more pictures.. dun be shy-shy... IM very far away in JB..:smokin:

hmmm ok will post close up pic tomorrow mornig.
but wont be tht nice if close cus my dashboard cracked very badly and swollen. can see the lines due to i use a normal pvc. and lots of errors....
Let say if i do it again, i might eliminate most of the errors. touch up the dash, make the surface smooth and nice, than wraped it.

Since its my 1st trial, i learn these points after complete only.

Really shy to show the unperfect job. but i'll post some pic tomorrow. kalau teruk, jangan buli saya okay.... :)

nice idea to put kelisa cup holder. how you put it? I think i'm gonna put it too. :rock:

Top Bottom