Body Rust

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

rizal_E34

Club Guest
Hey e34 guys,I found a new "challenge" for my ride. We jacked the car last weekend and found some rust.. annoying and alarming. I was told that the rust near the gbox and firewall area wd require the whole dashboard and engine to come down for it to be repaired. Any thots? cost? time? other remedy?Im forced to think to leave it until the car really bocor :p

If you leave it, it'll just be worse and more expensive later. If you want to keep your car for some time, better rectify it now. :)

there is an e34 undergoing body work at blueegree motorworks PJ ....get there to view it in real before they complete it ...

upon it then you'll get the clearer picture

a V8 is gonna be transplant ...

i suppose it is best done before starting a project. the engine is out anyway.. its a matter of dismantling th dashboard, carpets etc allowing access to the affected areas.

whereas my "new" ride is already in good running condition. it is daunting to find out there are evil rust lurking in the driver floor board, gbox area, and possible firewall areas. i just got it, and i wd like to drive it more rather than have it spend more time in the wshop.

plus.. it wd think it wd cost abt 1k?

If it's just surface rust, probably shouldn't be too hard to remove and re-protect. But if it's more serious with holes and what not, definitely not within 1k. I can understand you want to drive it rather than park it in the workshop, but no point delaying the inevitable honestly. It'll just grow into a bigger headache later.

why not look for a few trusted mechanic and ask for the estimated costs and time of repair? that way, you'll get a better picture...

well, i actually i have.. and i receive the typical answers, " kena bukak dulu baru tau marrrr"

I just wanna know an estimate or at least a guesstimate. ball park figure? floor board, gbox area, firewall? 2k?

i had the same problem too...quoted at usj 1 around 1k + body here and there another 0.5k, later when to tmn mayang mpower 3.5k:stupid:
when over to greenblue boss not there.....hahaha to make another trip......
saw them doing an E34.....great job....cost ????

mine is 89 e34.. i suppose its bound to hv rusts here and there.. blame it on climate or broken seal, whatever. The fact of the matter is, to get it to prestine condition, it would take a lot of money, time, effort, taking out everything, etc, which, for the time being, the need is not there.

was changing to leather seats and i found some dampness underneath the Left passenger seat, under the thick sound proof materials.. what am i suppose to think? what am i suppose to do?

aiyaaa.. i just hope to wont breakdown all together and become a flinstone car!

for the time being, i'd probably just use lots of newspaper, good floor mats, and ionizers and get by and enjoy my ride. What do u guys think?

Top Bottom