BMWClub Go Kart race (30th January 2005)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by ALBundy@Jan 31 2005, 12:58 PM
This is the theory, if you are slow going in and coming out of the corners, chances are you will be slow in the straight as well. The whole idea is carrying speed through the corners and that depends on picking the right lines (apex), braking and acceleration points. Once you are slow coming out from the corner, the person behind with the faster speed and hence momentum will overtake you, unless of course your go kart has got a better engine or you weight less than 40kg :)
This is not theory but fact! Assuming 2 persons of identical weight in identical karts. A comes out of the corner at 60kph but B comes out of the corner 40kph. The one that comes out of the corner at at 60kph will hit a higher speed at the end of the straight. If A was close behind B before the corner, he would have overtaken B about the middle of the straight and there is nothing B can do about it.

If a telemetry system was fitted to the karts, the theory can be clearly illustrated by comparing the RPM between the expert karter and the fun karter at various points on the track. Also, most of the time the beginners will go into corners too fast therefore upsetting the kart through the corners.

So much for the theory - when you are pedal to the metal down the straight, it's more fun to keep the pedal where it belongs! Esp when your kart is at 13,300 rpm and still climbing......sigh, Jules is going to tembak me :blink:

Originally posted by OSFlanker@Jan 31 2005, 03:44 PM
Esp when your kart is at 13,300 rpm and still climbing......sigh, Jules is going to tembak me :blink:
Soree to ask... but do you have a tachometer on ur kart???? :blink:

no wonder la.. but since it was supposed to be a competitive but friendly kart race, I did not dare to go on the inside lane and cut off the one I overtake (for courtesy sake). It's diff if I am doing this for money. All friends mah, I don't want to pi$$ off anyone.

Lucky the kart had no signal indicators. I would have used it to signal I'm overtaking. Hahaha..

Al, you certainly have a good understanding of the track. No wonder you had the advantage. I had only gone to that track once before. I only managed to get a hang of it yesterday after the 3rd lap or so.

pssst: my best time was 1:13.38. What was the times of the 100cc fellas ah?? So quiet la them ;)

Originally posted by affan66@Jan 31 2005, 07:59 AM
no wonder la.. but since it was supposed to be a competitive but friendly kart race, I did not dare to go on the inside lane and cut off the one I overtake (for courtesy sake). It's diff if I am doing this for money. All friends mah, I don't want to pi$$ off anyone.

Lucky the kart had no signal indicators. I would have used it to signal I'm overtaking. Hahaha..

Al, you certainly have a good understanding of the track. No wonder you had the advantage. I had only gone to that track once before. I only managed to get a hang of it yesterday after the 3rd lap or so.

pssst: my best time was 1:13.38. What was the times of the 100cc fellas ah?? So quiet la them ;)
Affan, you have the potential in karting :)

I have played in the track before many of the forumers even started karting, in fact no long after City karting started. That time got no 100cc only 80cc, then they had three and now so many! :) But found it too expensive (gaji kurang ma) to maintain, so I stopped and partly also because I cant beat my brother whom is 20kgs lighter :D

AS what Mr. Wanker said, slow in fast out is a good starting point, as you progressed and maybe try other tracks, you will know where is the braking point, and the apex. If you cant determine that, always look at what the fast drivers' are doing :)

al,

you mean like you?? (fast drivers' are doing)... I think I got impatient la.. I spun three times trying to catch up on P2 and P1. :D

I am not fast la, fast guys are like Jules, Eeric...try and see how they drive. Clean and precise! I am still learning and like OSwanker, need to go weight reduction program (15kg for me :( :( )

Affan, buy a kart!!! Resistance is futile, the only way is to yield to the temptation Resistance is futile, the only way is to yield to the temptation Resistance is futile, the only way is to yield to the temptation Resistance is futile, the only way is to yield to the temptation Resistance is futile, the only way is to yield to the temptation Resistance is futile, the only way is to yield to the temptation Resistance is futile, the only way is to yield to the temptation Resistance is futile, the only way is to yield to the temptation Resistance is futile, the only way is to yield to the temptation Resistance is futile, the only way is to yield to the temptation Resistance is futile, the only way is to yield to the temptation Resistance is futile, the only way is to yield to the temptation Resistance is futile, the only way is to yield to the temptation Resistance is futile, the only way is to yield to the temptation Resistance is futile, the only way is to yield to the temptation Resistance is futile, the only way is to yield to the temptation

:lol: :lol: :lol:

luckily the yellow font was unreadable. Hehehe...

You guys didn't see my baby car seat ka in my car?? That's my defense system. (doesn't seem to work for ICE for the time being though.. aiyo)

Originally posted by affan66@Jan 31 2005, 03:33 AM
luckily the yellow font was unreadable. Hehehe...

You guys didn't see my baby car seat ka in my car?? That's my defense system. (doesn't seem to work for ICE for the time being though.. aiyo)
Try 2 baby car seats then, or maybe 3 car seats. That should keep your mind off "wasteful" mods for the time being. But if 2 or 3 kids still doesn't drain your financial resources, then your are simply RICH !!! *respeck abang Affan*

c-square,

come february 16 feb, the foetus will be 38 weeks. So tick tock tick tock from that day onwards. Confirmed, one baby seat and one bassinet.

I will lay low, below radar after that.
What's my secret? Don't go out at night. Eat home cooked food and no fancy restaurants at all. Plan your expenses (which includes this kart race). I don't mind spending for myself once in a while (once a month karting). Just checkout my car, no bodykits, no new paintjob, ori springs.

Back to topic, when's the next one?? How about one early March? :D

I would like to thank Fabian for organising the event. Feel bad that he could not race himself. I've organised many karting events for myKART so know how painful it is to sit by the sidelines watching your buddies having one of the purest form of fun on 4 wheels.

Bit dissapointed with the 100cc race start though. We did not get a proper race since there was no standing start or formation lap. Everybody seemed to go straight into race mode. I waited for Brian F, and I think LONG... and we had some good fun dogfighting with each other.

Anyway, good to have met you guys.

See you in the next round (whenever that is).

Originally posted by TheFazz@Jan 31 2005, 06:22 PM
Everybody seemed to go straight into race mode. I waited for Brian F, and I think LONG... and we had some good fun dogfighting with each other.

Anyway, good to have met you guys.

See you in the next round (whenever that is).

Nice to meet u too bro... yeah man, it was good fun. till next time..!! :lol:

brader LONG,

thanks for the pics. can go bumper to bumper next time. Hehe.
psst, what was your lap times?

*still sore*

Top Bottom