BMW totalled!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ehoe

Club Guest
BEYOND RECOGNITION: This is all that remains of a silver BMW after it crashed into a tree and burst into flames near INTAN (National Institute of Public Administration) in Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur, late yesterday. On-lookers saved the life of driver Nicholas Tan, 17, moments before the car burst into flames. The Fire and Rescue Department received a distress call at 11.13pm and arrived at the scene five minutes later. SPRINT highway staff Kamaruddin Yeop said: ”Tan had broken a leg and was later sent to University Malaya Medical Centre.” Anyone recognise what siri is that BMW? Holy cow that is one smashed up UDM.......

from the engine, we can see it's a four potter. most likely a 3silli then. good to know the driver was safe.

Such a young driver and just a broken leg? It's quite amazing. The incidences of BMW bursting into flames is also not uncommon.

From the front bumper, it looks like a e46 318i..
thank god..the driver is safe.

Whoa ... Must have been at great speeds .

Glad the driver escaped . Wrong or right .. lEts wish him a speedy recovery.

:(

the engine is the M43 with plastic black manifold. So it got to be the M43TUB19 found in the E46 318i pre facelift.

This is not the first time I see a E46 bursting into flame after a crash. I remember seeing half burnt ( Front half ) E46 on 2 different workshop somewhere ( sorry I can't remember exactly where ). Also, I saw a completely burnt E46 in a workshop in Miri, Swak last year. Is it just coincidence or there is a high tendency for this particular series UDM to combust?

It's a miracle that this young driver survive this terrible crash. This show how safe BMW are made for its drivers.

Wahhhh... You all like C.S.I. lah
I thot from the bumper, it looked like a pre-facelift E46 too. I remember E36 also had a history of dramatic burnings after crash. Why BMW liddat wan?!!

I saw the carcass of the silver E46 318i this morning on the way to the office. It was still on the road right in front of the national science center opposite the entrance of the Securities Commission at about 9:30am this morning. The car was facing the opposite side of the road so my guess is that he spun coming down the hill or something.

Looks like CKD E46's are prone to bursting into flames in accidents!!

Originally posted by Juan Powerblow@Apr 12 2005, 02:54 AM
Wahhhh... You all like C.S.I. lah
I thot from the bumper, it looked like a pre-facelift E46 too. I remember E36 also had a history of dramatic burnings after crash. Why BMW liddat wan?!!
did it happened to struck you that ur batteries was at the back...just above the fuel tank...I dunno,just a wild guess.!!

I've seen a e23 flips about 5 times and still can recognise, its an E23... but this E46..!! crazy..nowadays cars are not built to last.. :cry:

Glad to hear that the driver survived.. I saw the car on fire, and hoped that the driver made it out ok.

Based on what I read on the ZTH forums, someone saw the car going out of control at about 170km/h.. The S Class got totalled about a km before the bridge, just before the Science centre if you are coming from Kiara.

That overhead bridge along that stretch is quite popular for the cops to sit underneath on weekends (and some nights) to make sure that motorists travel within the speed limit (80km/h)....

I can understand if its a bendy road, and the car spins out of control, but on a straight? What could have happened? Kuching walked in front of it?

Originally posted by chinlai@Apr 12 2005, 03:09 AM

I can understand if its a bendy road, and the car spins out of control, but on a straight? What could have happened? Kuching walked in front of it?
The carcass of the car was not on the main road (where the Merc S class wrecked) but on the road which runs between the Science center and the SC. If the driver was doing 170km/h down that hill, its crazilly fast and its no wonder he lost control of the car.

a 17 year old behind a BMW . he should be thankful that he'll live another day to enjoy life ( 17 year old and drives a BMW ...lucky guy ) .
anyway , i am sure it's another case of jockey can not handle the horse power .
just wondering if there is any advance driving lesson available in the market to improve ones driving skill .
i too thought that my driving skill is good until i race on a go kart . it brings new meaning to "push your skill to the limit and crash" and of course being "blue flag " . :beaten:

Newer cars are meant to crumple in an accident. It sort of designed to absorb the impact of the crash to lessen the force to the passengers in the car.

Rgds

you are right , that's why the guy survived the crash . I think the E46 is a ENCAP 4 stars .

My guess is that it was irresponsible driving that probably totaled up a beautiful UDM. That guy is damn lucky and I hope he would be much responsible driver from now on.

Top Bottom