BMW problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

KAZUTO

Club Guest
Good day to all the members,Lately I',m thinking of getting an E36 (325 or 328) beemer to replace my honda..yaer around 94-97But my fren said that BMW for that year have a lot of trouble and the maintenance is very high..is it true..??Im using it for daily usage....Please advice ....

welcome to the forum....

as for problems, if regular maintenance were done periodically then it's ok...
other than that, certain wear and tear parts are bound to give way after that many years... but after replacing them, it'll last for quite a while...

However, the weakest link in the E36 is the GM autobox.. if can find ZF 5 speed gearbox, that'll be a better combo...

Try to get the facelifted 1997 version esp if it's a 318i. The chain driven timing belt and other enhancements should add to durability compared to earlier belt driven version.

tQ for the reply ..so the model after 97 all timing chain??
I want to know about the oil comsumption for 325 ,328 and 318...
which one is the best...looking at the CC of course 318..but power and total is the 325 the best??

Yup, I agree with Fabian there! The 328i got mighty torque and outdrags my E46 325i. I had also dragged with an E36 325i before and it loses out marginally to the E46 version. So, I got a lot of respect for the 328i even though you gotta pay double the road tax, i.e. RM1,600 p.a. as opposed to RM860 p.a.

guys,

i am also new to the forum and my E36 328i is my frist bimmer .

no regret in this car . really the UDM .

if your budget allows you to get the 328i , then go for it .

look for one with full service record among other things that you would look for when getting a pre-owned vehicle .

I have been using mine for 3 years + and really enjoy every moment with it , parts that needed to be changed are mostly wear and tear items which have never been changed before , and I believe will not be required to be change for a long time to come . German products are mostly over engineered and last a long time .

And now since i am in the forum , really looking forward to chat about the car during TT .

Go for it .

Originally posted by 8080pbmw@Jun 3 2005, 09:09 AM
guys,

i am also new to the forum and my E36 328i is my frist bimmer .

no regret in this car . really the UDM .

if your budget allows you to get the 328i , then go for it .

look for one with full service record among other things that you would look for when getting a pre-owned vehicle .

I have been using mine for 3 years + and really enjoy every moment with it , parts that needed to be changed are mostly wear and tear items which have never been changed before , and I believe will not be required to be change for a long time to come . German products are mostly over engineered and last a long time .

And now since i am in the forum , really looking forward to chat about the car during TT .

Go for it .
Well-taken care E36s are really nice. I have been driven in eldrow and DD's E36s many times and they really know how to take car of their cars. If anyone buys theirs at prevailing market prices, they would have gotten a great deal but too bad they're not selling, heh! :)

If you get a good-condition e36 328, love it like a woman, pamper her with constant attention, shower her with gifts (mods) and send her to the spa (workshop) regularly,

If you get a good-condition e36 328, love it like a woman, pamper her with constant attention, shower her with gifts (mods) and send her to the spa (workshop) regularly,

SHE WILL GIVE YOU THE BEST 'RIDE' YOU'VE EVER HAD!!!

If the above doesn't convince you..., Honda is not bad what...

If you want to get a taste of what I mean, come to the unofficial e36 Teh Tarik session held every Monday evening, at the Subang Extreme Park, about 9:30 onwards... there'll be lots of e36 veterans there to share their experience w u.

Top Bottom