BMW Innovation Days 28th-29th AUGUST 2010

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
viewfinder;556823 said:
alexkhoo, mikeyC, I guessed we x-path but didn't realize who's who. See ya next time:)

LCP, they didn't say you could do that. I only remembered the instructor specifically said 60kph limit...:)

ya, next time pm each other mobile number first. I don't remember the instructor say 60kph, I tot floor the throttle right? :top:

alexkhoo;556824 said:
True. I got a photo of two guys who took the 325i conv after us. I think it might be the both of you. One's a little bald, one's wearing a cap. (Sorry I have no other way of describing) =)

sorry that wasn't me, i have a fully grown hair:biggrin: and not wearing cap but a sunglass. I was wearing blue Italy shirt with no.13 at the back..:hello:

mikeyC;556846 said:
ya, next time pm each other mobile number first. I don't remember the instructor say 60kph, I tot floor the throttle right? :top:

sorry that wasn't me, i have a fully grown hair:biggrin: and not wearing cap but a sunglass. I was wearing blue Italy shirt with no.13 at the back..:hello:

Ahahaha. I probably missed you. Heard the diesel X5 had some problems starting. =) But my mum loved the X5, she drove the petrol one.

Nice to hear everyone enjoyed the experience and yes this is the first time both BMW and MINI had the Innovation Day at the same place and time.

All of us just arrived home after a sumptuous dinner at bidor, and an interesting drive back from Pg ;)

The next event will be in AB Segambut before we take a
well deserved break. For the northerners, keep your schedule free for Lee Motors event at Alor Setar after Raya.

See you guys again, and do HH at soho
next time;)

Cheers

Great thanks to AB Penang and BMW (M) for this event..also many thanks to the humble instructors..:top: u guys were fantastic!! At the moment the poison got deep in my brain since im still awake :stupid: thanks to the very best 135i and K1000RR (Which is good for those who has blocked arteries since the adrenalin will flush the chols away)

Pics coming tomorrow!!

:top::top::top:

I think I spotted you guys on the other side of the NS highway when I was travelling back from Penang just after Juru. Saw the Z4 topless and the convoy and knew you guys were having fun! :top:

alexkhoo;556824 said:
True. I got a photo of two guys who took the 325i conv after us. I think it might be the both of you. One's a little bald, one's wearing a cap. (Sorry I have no other way of describing) =)

Yep, the bald guy's me, and the one with the cap is Viewfinder...

Viewfinder;556823 said:
LCP, they didn't say you could do that. I only remembered the instructor specifically said 60kph limit...:)

Sure as heck I didn't hear that, all I hear was floor it... accelerate... accelerate... accelerate...

Btw, Albundy, what is Car 0 that the instructor used to lead the performance cars (135i, 335i, Z4M, X5...), looks like a white 325i sedan but goes like stink... what engine and what gearbox in it, or just that the instructor has some top secret way of out accelerating all of us... I didn't managed to take a detailed photo of the car.

viewfinder;556823 said:

Wait, now I remembered, 60kph is the speed required at the 1st cone for the emergency braking test, and that's the minimum speed limit. I think I did almost 80 once, launched the 320d while pressing the brakes with the left foot and pressing the the accelerator with the right, then released the brakes, so much torque that the rear wheels were spinning even though the brakes were still applied but then the brake bias is less to the rear...

Anyway, here's are two screenshots from the 1080p video I took while Viewfinder was driving (resized to 50%), first one was the 325i cabriolet, hitting 190km/h dunno on what gear, but 7000rpm woh... and the second one was from the Mini Cooper S. No shots of the 335i going over 200km/h, too busy enjoying the ride...

Pics are blurred from lots of shake because the camera was handheld, this is a sports camera meant to be mounted on helmets, surf boards and outside of race cars!

325icabrio190resized.jpg

MiniCooperS190resized.jpg

LCP;556968 said:
Wait, now I remembered, 60kph is the speed required at the 1st cone for the emergency braking test, and that's the minimum speed limit. I think I did almost 80 once, launched the 320d while pressing the brakes with the left foot and pressing the the accelerator with the right, then released the brakes, so much torque that the rear wheels were spinning even though the brakes were still applied but then the brake bias is less to the rear...

Anyway, here's are two screenshots from the 1080p video I took while Viewfinder was driving (resized to 50%), first one was the 325i cabriolet, hitting 190km/h dunno on what gear, but 7000rpm woh... and the second one was from the Mini Cooper S. No shots of the 335i going over 200km/h, too busy enjoying the ride...

Pics are blurred from lots of shake because the camera was handheld, this is a sports camera meant to be mounted on helmets, surf boards and outside of race cars!

325icabrio190resized.jpg

MiniCooperS190resized.jpg

Ahha. Hello there then! I saw someone in one of the white BMW 320d trying to do a burnout. Looks awesome. Haha.

And besides, you managed to push the 325i conv to 200? Nice, fastest we've been in would be about 160 I think. Btw, I think car 0 was the 325i Performance Edition.

LCP;556952 said:
Yep, the bald guy's me, and the one with the cap is Viewfinder...

Sure as heck I didn't hear that, all I hear was floor it... accelerate... accelerate... accelerate...

Btw, Albundy, what is Car 0 that the instructor used to lead the performance cars (135i, 335i, Z4M, X5...), looks like a white 325i sedan but goes like stink... what engine and what gearbox in it, or just that the instructor has some top secret way of out accelerating all of us... I didn't managed to take a detailed photo of the car.

Btw, I got a photo of car 0 so I'll post it here as soon as I post it onto Flickr.

alexkhoo;557001 said:
... I saw someone in one of the white BMW 320d trying to do a burnout. Looks awesome. Haha.

That I think it was the Ferrari couple doing a tire smoke test :)

alexkhoo;557001 said:
Ahha. Hello there then! I saw someone in one of the white BMW 320d trying to do a burnout. Looks awesome. Haha.

No, that's not us, it should be the car in front of us, a couple in Ferrari shirts. We are supposed to be disciplined while out there... our only wheel spin was at the starting point, in a straight line, but no drama, only some flickering traction control lights...

alexkhoo;557001 said:
And besides, you managed to push the 325i conv to 200? Nice, fastest we've been in would be about 160 I think. Btw, I think car 0 was the 325i Performance Edition.

I think we did not reached 200, traffic was quite dense. Yeah I suspect the car 0 325i is the Performance Edition, but sure goes like stink...

Some pics..

:top:

How is it that you guys (BMW and the organizers) arent worried about getting tickets?

3er;557155 said:
How is it that you guys (BMW and the organizers) arent worried about getting tickets?

That's why it's a short drive and we avoided Juru and Bandar Baharu where speed traps are common;)

perhaps also bcos even if kena it'll be bmw or the organisers that'll be getting the tickets?

Guess for such a big event like this speed tickets might be just peanut for them..

I was there on Sunday with my family. I was on the x5 diesel and the F10 523i. Both of my daugthers was on passenger on the 190km/h cruise. Thank Kelvin for the convoy.

Overwhelming response at Batu Kawan, a few pictures taken with Iphone. More from DSLR later :)

4940779576_ba61e4be11_z.jpg

This is the beast...most exciting ride of the day!!

4946862969_eb7e696c11_z.jpg

Big brakes..if only all BMWs come with Brembos...

4947478022_3fa543036b_z.jpg

Instructors together with AB Penang Team

4947468228_1d4b771778_z.jpg

The Mini A GO GO :)

4946899295_c98896ebdb_z.jpg

Camera phone photos taken last weekend.

#1 The Cooper S :love: used for driver training:
4951537248_5e56a42d4e_z.jpg

#2. The big original banana :love: found on Sport model.

4950316123_c172e73519_z.jpg

#3. X5 rear seating. Ample leg room even for ~6 footer. Front seat adjusted accordingly for driving position.
4951537390_c684ab9631_z.jpg

#4. Rear seating of 730Li. Again front driver seat properly adjusted... look at the amount leg room left for the rear passenger!!

The raised platform in the red box (drive axle passing beneath) is not pleasing to the eyes. Especially with the ugly carpet material!! I am sure BMW interior design can do better than that (and vs S-class).
4950316165_e452d79e00_z.jpg

Top Bottom