BMW Factory Tour

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Great idea!

Why not organise "Tour Of Malaysia with BMW" Suggest to Tourism Malaysia to support BMWClubMalaysia to lobby for the event from BMW Munich.

Have BMW Owner have a week of drive with the latest range of BMW from 1 series to X5 and Tour from Perlis to Sabah.

Foreign guests can participate, just pay the fee involve.

I am sure more then 100 medias will be keen to cover this special event.

we have our very own "BMW factory" in malaysia also.. in shah alam. thats where all CKD bmw's start their life on the assembly line. I've visited the place before several years ago. It is the same in Thailand, assembly as well..

geoffreylee;192883 said:
Great idea!

Why not organise "Tour Of Malaysia with BMW" Suggest to Tourism Malaysia to support BMWClubMalaysia to lobby for the event from BMW Munich.

Have BMW Owner have a week of drive with the latest range of BMW from 1 series to X5 and Tour from Perlis to Sabah.

Foreign guests can participate, just pay the fee involve.

I am sure more then 100 medias will be keen to cover this special event.

Great idea... I'm in!

Yes, this event is in the pipeline. The committees have been working closely with BMW Malaysia since last year. Details will out soon once the event have been approved.

jarance;193024 said:
Yes, this event is in the pipeline. The committees have been working closely with BMW Malaysia since last year. Details will out soon once the event have been approved.

Any progress on the organising of the factory tour?

I would gladly register as an official member if the club could organise such events!

So what say you guys, shall we have a BMW Factory tour soon?

Official members only, of course. Then I am sure you'll see an increase in membership.

In fact the plant visit has always been in our itinerary of events. We have indeed attempted to arrange one such visit to the assembly plant in Shah Alam last year but to due inappropriate timing, the visit was KIVed. But rest assured we will continue to put this item as a confirmed outing in our calendar of events next year.:top:

Trust me, I'm as excited as you about this.

Daredevil,

Great,I am also planning to sign up as a member next year once I see the club have more activities.

I had also suggested a Bimmerfest see http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11073&highlight=bimmerfest

However there also seems to be no progress on this event. Surely that would put the club on the map. As in my earlier post you can see my link to the Bugfest in JB, It would be good to have something like that.

I look forward to an eventful 2008.

I applaud your enthusiasm. As a matter of fact, if a trip to was discussed between me, Fabiyan, Jeffrey Ewe and Mr Ian Branston ( BMW Club Council Chairman ). Now I don’t know if we would actually visit the whole plant or not, but hell we would definitely be visiting the Mobile Tradition. Maybe we can start a list to see who might be interested to fly to sometime say July 08. If we have the numbers then we the committee would definitely try and work out some tour package for you guys. As for your queries about the happenings of 2008, YES they are being planned. Stay tuned if you will.

Many Thanks
Sith

I was thinking of the BMW Factory in Shah Alam to start with.

But if you guys are serious about going to the BMW Factory in Munich, I am game too.

I believe the tour cost Euro 6.00 and takes about 2 hrs. BMW Club members get a discount.(not that it matters)

see http://www.bmw-plant-munich.com/lowband/com/en/index.html

You may need to put aside about RM15-20k for the trip to Germany.

You can also visit other factories eg Mercedes, Porsche. Drive on the Autobahn and even coincide the trip with the Frankfurt Motor Show which is in September 2008.

I actually got this Germany idea from a friend who had done it before.

I would be happy to do some research on this.

anxious;258715 said:
I was thinking of the BMW Factory in Shah Alam to start with.

But if you guys are serious about going to the BMW Factory in Munich, I am game too.

I believe the tour cost Euro 6.00 and takes about 2 hrs. BMW Club members get a discount.(not that it matters)

see http://www.bmw-plant-munich.com/lowband/com/en/index.html

You may need to put aside about RM15-20k for the trip to Germany.

You can also visit other factories eg Mercedes, Porsche. Drive on the Autobahn and even coincide the trip with the Frankfurt Motor Show which is in September 2008.

I actually got this Germany idea from a friend who had done it before.

I would be happy to do some research on this.

Cooleness anxious... as soon as you become an offcial member, maybe me and you cna sit and work on this together. We dont have to domthis during the month of september and the tour of the porsche & merc fcatories is not necessary. We can cut the cost down to more than half of the original cost... Well it would be fun now wouldnt it. :top:

Use to work there for 7 years. Plant belong to ford and there are contract assembler for BMW. Still have friend there. Sith let me know will help you.

We have talked abourt his before with BMW Malaysia and it is said to be a wee bit dificult to arrange as the plant does not belong to them but ford's.
RB with your great connections see what can be done since you know the Ford people.

XXX;258730 said:
We have talked abourt his before with BMW Malaysia and it is said to be a wee bit dificult to arrange as the plant does not belong to them but ford's.
RB with your great connections see what can be done since you know the Ford people.

It actually belongs to Sime Darby (Ford is also under Sime Darby), which owns Auto Bavaria and also part owner of BMW Malaysia.

I have raised this idea many many moons ago (2 years I think), hope it will turn into reality soon.

Cheers.

Top Bottom