BMW Engine continues to run if you lock the doors

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

RK68

Hi, Hope someone could offer a solution to my predicament.
Mine is a 320i F30. I have many times forgotten to switch off the engine, locked to doors with the FOB key and walked away. The last was for almost 4 hours with the engine running at a public car park.
It's only later when I return that I will realise that the engine has been left running. the doors are in lock positon.
Don't' ridicule me, guys. I know what you might be thinking. I'm sure I am not the only one who is having this problem.
The problem is, to me, a very fundamental system flaw. When you exit the car with the engine running and with the FOB key taken out of the car, there is no warning beeps or some kind of trigger mechanism to indicate to the driver that the engine is still running. My other car has a built-in mechanism to sound a long beep in a similar situation. I don't understand what superior technology is that this can be a standard prescription by BMW.

I am so frustrated that if there is no solution to this I am going to dispose of this BMW and stop buying this brand ever again.

Is there any way to have an engine cut off system if the FOB key is taken out or door locked with the engine running?

Please let know if there is a solution.

Thanks & Regards,
RK68

Top Bottom