BMW E90 320d M sport right hand side is lower

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jwah

Club Guest
Today, nothing to do. Notice my car is tilting....Take some measurements...(Ground to fender height)Front right: 65 cmFront left : 66 cmRear right: 64 cmRear left : 65 cmTyres pressures 36 rear , 34 front, Rim 17" , 225/45/17 front, 255/40/17 rear.Yours?

I think its not only e90.. but also most of the udms here are tilting to right side. So do my e39. My car also 1cm lower on the right side..

A popular explaination is that BMWs are designed to ride evenly at each corner when a person sits on the left front seat, i.e. LHD. Is this true or coincidence? Beats me.

mizhan;840513 said:
A popular explaination is that BMWs are designed to ride evenly at each corner when a person sits on the left front seat, i.e. LHD. Is this true or coincidence? Beats me.

Think its true.. no other rational explaination..

rattlesnake1982;840566 said:
I think I felt a bit too...maybe it's too accommodate our road?

Aku ade bmw lori ko ade?

If to compensate the RHD road design then thumb up for the engineers, but what about LHD..still doesn't make sense.

Let say u re changing absober and spring. Will it be the same?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Good point Wuk, let me go n measure when I free...since now I not on m sport sussy any more

Aku ade bmw lori ko ade?

Same..I have changed to bilstein B8 with Bilstein springs and now h&r cup kits set, driver side still àbit lower... btw, im drving e39...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Guys,read somewhere that it's caused by the mounting. Not sure whether the abs' mounting or others. They've discussed this in the e90 post.

It seems normal to tilt on driver side. Notice this on most my previous cars.
Maybe due to driver's weight on one side.
Did corner weight on my E90 325 when i replaced my msport shocks with rcs clubman, and the figures suggest otherwise.
Rear left is heavier than rear right by 20kg! ( with no one in the car)
20kg is one suitcase. My weight alone is 90+kg

Left Front : 359.5 kg Right Front : 420.0 kg Total Front = 779.5 kg ( 50.6%)
Left Rear : 391.5 kg Right Rear : 369.5 kg Total Rear = 761.0 kg ( 49.4%)
Total Weight = 1540.5 kg. ( full tank )

Great info, I have always been wondering why does it tilt on the right side! Mystery solved now!

BMW e90

Mavik;842402 said:
Great info, I have always been wondering why does it tilt on the right side! Mystery solved now!

hi, so will it cause a sounds like " tuk tuk tuk " when you are cornering on an uneven road and entering the car park ?

pls help ... my driver side seem to have some issues with the lower arm after i changed it last mth and till now cant solve this issue and always have the sound " tuk tuk " when i about to turn the traffic on an uneven road . only right side got sounds at this moment.

Thank you!

JL_mw;843527 said:
hi, so will it cause a sounds like " tuk tuk tuk " when you are cornering on an uneven road and entering the car park ?

pls help ... my driver side seem to have some issues with the lower arm after i changed it last mth and till now cant solve this issue and always have the sound " tuk tuk " when i about to turn the traffic on an uneven road . only right side got sounds at this moment.

Thank you!
I don't think the height has anything to do with the sound that you are facing. I usually hear the sound when going over uneven roads but only when my steering is turned. If the steering is straight then I don't hear the sound. When I brought it to the service center, they said it was freeplay from the steering rack. I am trying to find the time now to go get a 2nd opinion.

JL_mw;843527 said:

Thank you!
I don't think the height has anything to do with the sound that you are facing. I usually hear the sound when going over uneven roads but only when my steering is turned. If the steering is straight then I don't hear the sound. When I brought it to the service center, they said it was freeplay from the steering rack. I am trying to find the time now to go get a 2nd opinion.

Mavik;843530 said:

Hi, my problem even appeared when i am driving on the straight road... but not so often... only when the road condition is really bad an uneven ... smooth uneven roads there is no sound... just wondering whether is the technician fixed something wrong when they change the lower arm bush for me initially... headache now.

JL_mw;843541 said:
Hi, my problem even appeared when i am driving on the straight road... but not so often... only when the road condition is really bad an uneven ... smooth uneven roads there is no sound... just wondering whether is the technician fixed something wrong when they change the lower arm bush for me initially... headache now.

Just make sure all the undercarriage mounts, nuts & bolts are tightened. I have some slight knocking sound when going through uneven surface too. Gonna check next service.

Top Bottom