BMW E39 530i M-Sport Individual Aegean Blue Edition 2003

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
bro haywire

if not mistaken you've posted some pictures of the rear carpet getting wet due to the door vapour barrier ...if not mistaken there was a picture of it you doing some work somewhere the rear side where the water gets in from the floor board ...trying to look back can't seem to find that pictures ..

was that you or another e39 mate that had the problem

ICEMAN 13;779183 said:
bro haywire

if not mistaken you've posted some pictures of the rear carpet getting wet due to the door vapour barrier ...if not mistaken there was a picture of it you doing some work somewhere the rear side where the water gets in from the floor board ...trying to look back can't seem to find that pictures ..

was that you or another e39 mate that had the problem

Hi bro. Yes it was me. Go back to the first post and find the link to the 'Rear Blind Retrofit DIY' It should be there.

BMW E39 0, Toyota Prado 1

8.25am, 23 October 2012, KM21.4 MRR2 in Ampang, towards Batu Caves and this happened.

BMW E39 - 0

8154121095_3baeb9025c_c.jpg

Toyota Prado - 1

8154147294_457ed7f361_c.jpg

8154147056_5f586f4e59_c.jpg

8154120487_96dd57ed39_c.jpg

All that damage to my car, and only a bit of paint smeared onto her bumper. The Prado is driven by a lady in her 40's, and had the same accident the day before. A bit heavy on the brakes, this lady. What to say, you kiss you pay!

Called my insurance agent, Etiqa, and he sent his panel workshop to come to me. Had a bit of quarrelling with those roadside 'callman', but I insisted to go with the Etiqa workshop. Then Vixx came to the rescue too. Thanks for missing your work for me, bro.

At the police station, the moment I said I've driven into the Prado, no further questions asked, the summon book is automatically reached, after bits of my details were written in, a big red chop was stamped on the summon which stated 'MENYEBABKAN KEMALANGAN'. Well, no question there who's insurance we'll be claiming.

8154146694_0896301285_c.jpg

In front of the workshop in Segambut, Vixx's car behind mine.

8154120137_9eabdea82b_c.jpg

Although it looked quite bad outside, under the hood there's minimal damage.

What was broken:

Front bonnet
Both bonnet struts
Both headlights (Xenons)
Headlight bracket
Front nose frame
Nose grills
Air cond radiator
Air cond fan
Coolant radiator
Expansion tank
Fan shroud
Clutch fan
Airbox
Most plastic bits up front

'Dan lain-lain kerosakan belum pasti' - Ayat standard repot polis...hehehehhe

Luckily engine and the bumper is not touched. Not a scrarch on the chassis. Its not a full on crash, I had braked hard but did not stop in time. The car nearly stopped but still slid under the Prado's bumper, hence the damage.

I insisted the workshop to replace the driver's side fender, which was actually broken in a previous mishap.

As of yesterday (Saturday 3rd November), all damaged parts have been replaced, and the car will go to the painter tomorrow (Monday). I am repainting the whole car (same colour) with some additional fees.

At first he told me that an over 5 years old car can only be replace with second hand parts, but I insisted the radiator and the expansion tank to be replaced with new original Behr and he agreed. To my surprise he changed most part with brand new items anyway, and mostly ori BMW parts except some with 'JML' brand which was the fan shroud and the fan clutch. The fender (Topaz Blue) and the bonnet (Titan Silver) appears to be in very good condition.

Old damaged bonnet out

8154119421_17a78dde53_c.jpg

Mangled Xenon headlamp

8154146032_5df3aa0b3c_c.jpg

Brand new items

Nose plastic

8154145600_764600e6ea_c.jpg

Fan clutch

8154149096_be5aa24fa4_c.jpg

Behr radiator

8154123107_15718e2a55_c.jpg

8154118613_9b78d2924b_c.jpg

Behr expansion tank

8154148964_724540b2cb_c.jpg

AC radiator surround (second hand radiator, brand new surround)

8154119771_a9ea72ed2e_c.jpg

For most part are ori BMW brand new items

8154145316_3fd56a7719_c.jpg

Some are this 'JML' brand. Quality seems OK.

8154145464_fd2fa0de87_c.jpg

Titan Silver Japan mari bonnet in very good condition. Came with a good condition liner too. If you remember my old bonnet had some rust issues in the corners, so a change is welcome here hehehehehe

The boss himself working on my car. Good guy I would say.

8154121459_19449385f1_c.jpg

Topaz Blue fender. He said the old fender is very easily repaired but I insisted that he changed new one. The body guy repaired the old one before they changed this just to prove the point.

Now you can see clearly the difference of Topaz Blue and Aegean Blue on the same car!

8154148252_75df8a8309_c.jpg

The bits are being replaced.

8154149274_5b4e461c49_c.jpg

Second hand Xenon lights, which did not come with the ballasts (use back my old one). All the adjusters are shot, I'll replace them myself.

8154148630_9a681a7e6a_c.jpg

Makan racun Strassentech lip while the whole car is repainted, thanks Vixx. The tip will be Gunmetal Grey.

8154122037_2dd3ca9dcd_c.jpg

8154122365_31f2287c4b_c.jpg

Side damage inflicted loooong ago is also being rectified.

8154148060_f3103fcb0c_c.jpg

The car is ready to be repainted. Will see tomorrow. Oh wait, its past midnight while I was typing the whole post, so I guess it will be today!

8154121313_1e985abda3_c.jpg

So I guess WUN530 will not make it in time for the ///MFEST, but haywire will be there!

Sorry to hear about the accident bro ... Hope your ride will get better soon.

sorry to hear that bro...
that's an ADOI mak kind of situation.. but at least u'll get the paint done on the doors finally...

Looks pretty bad at first but luckily internals untouched. Means if kena accident for cars >5 years no more new parts? We're paying so much for the premium. :(

wingzee;782777 said:
Looks pretty bad at first but luckily internals untouched. Means if kena accident for cars >5 years no more new parts? We're paying so much for the premium. :(

Yes, apparently thats the rule imposed by Bank Negara. Car over 5 years, if you want new parts, have to add 25%. Car over 10 years have to add 40%. This was also confirmed by Zidee during his last claim to insurance. Its called a betterment. Meaning your car should not be in a better condition than before the accident. If you want better, then you pay.

Bro Haywire, the lady is just out there resetting everybody's NCD. Good to hear that the car is getting fixed quickly and modded at the same time!

Only IF there's such a service which "authenticate" age of cars by "seeing is believing" than judging by its production year and approved by an insurance company.

seewai;782785 said:
Only IF there's such a service which "authenticate" age of cars by "seeing is believing" than judging by its production year and approved by an insurance company.

Funny you should mention that. In the online claim form, the adjuster put in 'BMW 530i M Sport 2003 (E60)' hence the current market value was set at RM125,000. I insured the car at RM100,000 which I thought was over insured, but still they asked me to top up because RM25,000 under insured (due to it being described as an E60). Of course the offer was rejected by the workshop, he told them 'check your facts right, if its worth RM125K then we'll sell it to you!' hahahaha

glad that nothing happen to the driver ..... well looks like now this car is gonna be looking even better with the new paint and the lips ....

Oh sorry to see the 'sticky' ride mishap, but am sure it will look better after this..kena upgrade brembo la lepas ni....cabutssss

Bro, sorry to see what happened to your beautiful 530i aka "E60". Wow the speed on the repairs is amazingly fast. Do give us the workshop contact for future reference.

Take care

anaksarawak;782839 said:
Bro, sorry to see what happened to your beautiful 530i aka "E60". Wow the speed on the repairs is amazingly fast. Do give us the workshop contact for future reference.

Take care

ya, the speed to repair is so fast. i was though we need to leave the car for the adjuster to snap photo & evaluate the price of repairing then only they can start to repair the damage vehicle.

If the future no recond/second hand parts ruling is imposed then how? die die have to pay additional 25% premium to get new parts?

anaksarawak;782839 said:

Take care

He he didn't even wait for the insurance claim approval, just went.on with the repairs while the claim is still processing. Most other workshop would just wait and let the car collect dust. Unfortunately he only does Etiqa claims though.

sewell;782841 said:
ya, the speed to repair is so fast. i was though we need to leave the car for the adjuster to snap photo & evaluate the price of repairing then only they can start to repair the damage vehicle.

The accident was on 23/10, all documents/police report submitted the same day. 10am the next morning workshop submitted claim to Etiqa. 3-4pm the same day the adjuster came and all the broken bits are removed in front of the adjuster to prove damage. Adjuster submitted his appraisal the same day (Wednesday). Friday claim already approved but was wrong so it was retracted. Works continues anyway.

Top Bottom