BMW E39 530i M-Sport Individual Aegean Blue Edition 2003

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Gerald 5;677034 said:
(This install will need some modifications to the doorcards, as I will be modifying my existing doorcard with the Light Silvergrey leathers to accept the side blinds.)

If you decided to sell you door card, let me know please.

Both doorcards (existing and new) will need to be butchered and parts mixed and matched for this retrofit. Two set of doorcards goes in my house, only one coming out alive.

So no doorcards will be on sale bro.

haywire;677045 said:
Both doorcards (existing and new) will need to be butchered and parts mixed and matched for this retrofit. Two set of doorcards goes in my house, only one coming out alive.

So no doorcards will be on sale bro.

I thought you would only need the upper trim mod to fit the blind into your existing doorcard? no?..Mine is with the blind, so if you only took out the upper trim, the whole doorcard will be preserved, without the trim thou.

Gerald 5;677071 said:
I thought you would only need the upper trim mod to fit the blind into your existing doorcard? no?..Mine is with the blind, so if you only took out the upper trim, the whole doorcard will be preserved, without the trim thou.

Yes you are correct. I'll only need the top black part. But in order to get this trim the door will somehow be destroyed as its glued shut to the wood backing.

I'll need this part transferred to my car:

b2.jpg

This is pretty much what will be left of the donor doorcard once I'm done with it:

PICT0001-9.jpg

Original top trim from my car will be removed:

PICT0003-11.jpg

Of course I could be a little more careful if needed and try to preserve the wood backing if needs be...the guy above just ripped it apart because he has no use of the donor doorcard. Which part do you require? Maybe can let go the remnants to you after I'm done? You can have everything in the second photo if thats what you require.

haywire;677103 said:
Yes you are correct. I'll only need the top black part. But in order to get this trim the door will somehow be destroyed as its glued shut to the wood backing.

I'll need this part transferred to my car:

b2.jpg

This is pretty much what will be left of the donor doorcard once I'm done with it:

PICT0001-9.jpg

Original top trim from my car will be removed:

PICT0003-11.jpg

Of course I could be a little more careful if needed and try to preserve the wood backing if needs be...the guy above just ripped it apart because he has no use of the donor doorcard. Which part do you require? Maybe can let go the remnants to you after I'm done? You can have everything in the second photo if thats what you require.

I know that guy who this upgrade from the above pictures, who upgraded his M5 with rear sun blind and shades. he is the one i have seen his alpina wheels and i was convinced to buy the same set for my car.

he did a lot of nice mods.

dangeralone;677165 said:
I know that guy who this upgrade from the above pictures, who upgraded his M5 with rear sun blind and shades. he is the one i have seen his alpina wheels and i was convinced to buy the same set for my car.

he did a lot of nice mods.

Yes he's the one showing me the details for the rear blind and side blind retrofit. I'm in direct contact with him in the UK forum and he's provided me with detail instructions on how to proceed with these work.

The M5 guy who gave me his rear parcel shelf is a different person though.

will see the part post you mod and see it is still usable. what i need is the bottom part of the door card as mine has becoming soggie the area why the door card lite is attached.

Gerald 5;677256 said:
will see the part post you mod and see it is still usable. what i need is the bottom part of the door card as mine has becoming soggie the area why the door card lite is attached.

Since I need the top and you need the bottom, maybe we can swap the doorcard once the item gets here? Means you take my complete doorcard and I butcher your soggy doorcard. That should work. Depending on the condition of your doorcard and the bits though, the one I'm getting is from a 2000 540i car.

Does the trim around the blind (when the blind is rolled down) chrome or black? This part:

PICT0006-10.jpg

If its black then its fine.

Item wont be here until sometime December I expect though.

haywire;677013 said:
Most of my items are from ebay too. there are a few breakers in the UK who is willing to ship worldwide though, Quarry Motors, LK Spares and FABDirect. None have the side blinds currently though.

How do you avoid the taxes? I've been looking around for parts and the only problem is shipping...any lobang?

Forwarding company. Previously was using friend's container who's coming back from UK. Now the doorcards I use a shipping company (same company when I brought back my car and personal stuffs). Will take 2 months to get here.

haywire;677274 said:
Since I need the top and you need the bottom, maybe we can swap the doorcard once the item gets here? Means you take my complete doorcard and I butcher your soggy doorcard. That should work. Depending on the condition of your doorcard and the bits though, the one I'm getting is from a 2000 540i car.

Does the trim around the blind (when the blind is rolled down) chrome or black? This part

If its black then its fine.

Item wont be here until sometime December I expect though.

Mine is chrome, let's see how it goes bro.
Will bring my car to join you in TT someday for you to have a look. Black and chrome I believe should be swap-able since it is only a trim

Bro haywire...

I've finally FINALLY finished through 64 pages of your jaw-dropping, drool-inducing, awe-inspiring journey.

I only have one thing to say: :adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

Yeah man , i did the same thing too ..Managed to finish ur whole 64 page thread in like 1 hour + ..Nice job man :) ..

Btw , just a question though , i have the E39 523i ..Recently the ABS and ASC lights turned ON for no reason .. Do u by any chance know what is the cause of it? I still haven't take my car to the service center ..

Thanks man :)

faizpsp89;685676 said:
Yeah man , i did the same thing too ..Managed to finish ur whole 64 page thread in like 1 hour + ..Nice job man :) ..

Btw , just a question though , i have the E39 523i ..Recently the ABS and ASC lights turned ON for no reason .. Do u by any chance know what is the cause of it? I still haven't take my car to the service center ..

ABS sensor or ABS module.

faizpsp89;685676 said:

Am geting the same warning lite too, plus the car has got no pwr when u accelerate and the gr positioning indicator at meter also gone.
Replaced my ABS module lastweek, $1400.

For your case, try check ABS sensor, tt also could be the cause.

Guys, thanks for the praise. But the car still needs a lot to do, and now there's not enough money and not enough time to do them yet.

Bad news is my office has blocked BMWClubmalaysia (or any searches related to BMW for that matter!) since my browsing has attracted the attention of the management probably. Thats why I'm a lot less active in the forums now and also I'm very busy in the office nowadays. Look at the time now, I've just arrived back from the office about 15 minutes ago.

Will update more when I am a bit more free. Thanks for the support.

Bro Haywire, aiya, u attracted too much attention to the management....but, did you management also drive UDM? Can poison them to join aboard...haha

haywire, wondered what happened to you too :2:. Guess need to slow down on the forum as well to not cause domain blocking. Solution for you is to use/get the 3G iPad. BMW is a sickness.

Top Bottom