BMW E39 530i M-Sport Individual Aegean Blue Edition 2003

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
bmw7833;671570 said:
Bro, your new born baby bring u the luck!!

Never thought of that before, but maybe true also, its maybe a blessing since the main idea (apart from me really wanting it) is to protect the baby from sun when he's in the car.

Both my selling item also sold within 24 hours.

Maybe I really should try that 4D then....:4:

haywire;505868 said:
Clean these residuals on the LCD and on the board:
4460665841_ef8a3c48ef_o.jpg

4461444398_7ef82104fd_o.jpg

Bro, what kind of solvent do you use to clean the ribbon cable residuals? I tried alcohol and acetone, both do not work. Help!

aidilj;671671 said:
Bro, what kind of solvent do you use to clean the ribbon cable residuals? I tried alcohol and acetone, both do not work. Help!

On the PCB? I cant remember exactly but I never had any solvent in the house. I think I just scraped it off using a knife or something like that.

haywire;671673 said:
On the PCB? I cant remember exactly but I never had any solvent in the house. I think I just scraped it off using a knife or something like that.

On the LCD in particular, not so worried about scraping the PCB. Afraid that I might damage the invisible contacts on the LCD if scraped.. Thanks

Try using a flat plastic or something like that. Like the end of a plastic ruler?

haywire;671682 said:
Try using a flat plastic or something like that. Like the end of a plastic ruler?

Ah, plastic ruler did the trick. Thanks!

hey haywire,

I have been following your progress since the beginning when you have purchased your car and started the post.

I am based in Australia, the mods I have carried out are the smg wheel, alpina 19" wheels and bilstiens B8 shocks.

I am very interested in the rear sunshade retrofit. if you can do a write up would be great as I am looking forward to set it up with my 2002 530i model. btw, with the intervee the only store available is toysinyourcar.com and there is no response via email. where were you able to purchase the intravee and would you be able to let me know the way the menu is being displayed will work on older radios before 9/2002.

i would appreciate your reply.

dangeralone;673871 said:
hey haywire,

I have been following your progress since the beginning when you have purchased your car and started the post.

I am based in Australia, the mods I have carried out are the smg wheel, alpina 19" wheels and bilstiens B8 shocks.

I am very interested in the rear sunshade retrofit. if you can do a write up would be great as I am looking forward to set it up with my 2002 530i model. btw, with the intervee the only store available is toysinyourcar.com and there is no response via email. where were you able to purchase the intravee and would you be able to let me know the way the menu is being displayed will work on older radios before 9/2002.

i would appreciate your reply.

Hi there, nice to know another silent reader who's been following my posts. Please properly introduce yourself in the newbie section as the forum requires.

First of all, the intravee. Toysinyourcar.com in the sole and exclusive distributor of the Intravee II so you cannot get it anywhere else, other than getting used one on eBay which comes up for sale from time to time. I bought it from toysinyourcar.com posted to Malaysia within a week with no problem whatsoever. Few tips - the KCA-420i normally comes with the 5m-ish long cable so you dont need to buy a separate cable, or if you do need it you can buy from me since I bought one extra. Also you need to update the Intravee with the latest pre-released firmware since the one it got shipped with is rather outdated.

Secondly, if you have been following my posts you already know that I will do a writeup for the rear blind. Just that now I am still waiting for the switch and rear parcel shelf to arrive here. What you will need to install the rear blind is:

1. Rear blind unit
2. Rear parcel shelf with the blind cutout (dont bother cutting your existing one, too hard and will not look nice)
3. Matching centre console switch with the blind button depending on what's already on you car.
4. 2 wires with proper connectors to connect the parcel shelf motor to the switch.

Basically once you have all the items above the installation is easy enough with no splicing of wires needed.

I have made the wiring loom for this retrofit myself, and will be making another one for a mate wanting to do the same install.

What I did is I visit a car breaker with some BMW front halfcuts, and take the connectors that looks like this:

sunshadeinmail6.jpg

You'll need the right male bit, its a 3 pin connector but only 2 pins are utilised for the 2 wires. The left female bit is already connected to the blind. Middle pin is empty. On a halfcut you will find plenty of these connectors in red, yellow or black colour. Any one will do.

Secondly you'll also need a plug. There are many plugs on the car, any one will do as you only need 2 metal internal bit from it. The one I took looks like this:

sunshadeinmail7.jpg

The only bit you need from the plug above is two pins with a bit of wire looking like this (you dont need the rubber grommet):

3img7136smallkc3.jpg

Connect the 2 pins to the 3 pin connector (middle pin empty) using two 6.5meter-ish wires and you have yourself a wiring harness for the blind.

To install, the 3 pin male connector plugs in the blind connector, and the two exposed pins connects to pin 14 and 15 of the centre console switch connector:

mfb5.jpg

I'll upload the photo of my wiring harness tonight just to show how easy it is to make the harness.

Bro show some photo for sharing ler...You always the lucky man. cheers..........:top::top::top:

Alex5522;673914 said:
Bro show some photo for sharing ler...You always the lucky man. cheers..........:top::top::top:

Wei not installed in my car yet ler...you want the uni-switch? I'm not using it anymore.

Thank you for the info, really appreciate it. will post when it is all in. btw , I am changing my front control arms and tie rods to get a better feel. have you thought of adding a front strut bar for more crisp cornering.

dangeralone;674156 said:
Thank you for the info, really appreciate it. will post when it is all in. btw , I am changing my front control arms and tie rods to get a better feel. have you thought of adding a front strut bar for more crisp cornering.

I have replaced my control arms and tie rods during the replacement of my absorbers last month.

That's on my 'nice to have' list at the moment but there's just too many stuff I wanted to do to the car at the moment so wont be happening anytime soon.

I have the picture of my wiring harness for the rear blind now:

6174111330_b961509089_z.jpg

Wiring harness consisting of one 3 pin male plug (middle pin empty), 6.5 meters of wires and 2 exposed pins.

6174111334_f983cb1029_z.jpg

Closeup of male plug

6174111338_803b77d030_z.jpg

Closeup of exposed pins

So when you have this harness you need to connect it to the centre console switch plug:

6174111316_0b4b477043_z.jpg

6174111324_6bfdf618e2_z.jpg

Close-up of disassembled plug. The pins are numbered on the plug, you will need to push the two pins into No. 14 and 15 (bottom left of the plug)

6174111328_37bcd60786_z.jpg

Closer look, you can see that No. 14 and 15 is empty now.

Currently I'm not sure if it matters which wire goes to 14 and 15. Some say it doesn't matter and some say it does matter which way it goes. I'll test this further when my switch gets here.

Sounds like a plan, i just installed last night as well the oem reversing camera, it was a hassle but got it done after 3 hours "for a job that only needs 1 hours tops". I haven't fully tested the quality as I am flat out with my studies at the moment. will post pictures of the final results.

Latest acquisition - Side blinds

Just bought these yesterday (deal finalised during the Hartamas Souled-Out TT if some of you noticed I was looking at my phone most of the time)

In the end I sold off my wrongly bought Bosch o2 sensors (2 piece pre-cat) to a good friend who needed them. The money was then spent on this set of rear doorcards with the complete set of side blinds:

6200270893_499bcccf84_z.jpg

The quarter blind in place along with all the inner window trims thats needed (I didnt buy the whole door panel, just the interior trims + blinds + doorcards)

6200271113_b1d55b4e29_z.jpg

6200784068_91580d364b_z.jpg

Left side doorcard with blind

6200272097_6b9faae27e_z.jpg

6200272401_f41a129d41_z.jpg

From the rear

6200785678_d654f4cbde_z.jpg

Right doorcard with blind

6200786130_29bf86b352_z.jpg

From the other side

6200786742_a9650b0a67_z.jpg

Quarter blind in good condition

6200787440_6db7520fde_z.jpg

Interior window trims

6200787864_a20f24b869_z.jpg

The other side

This install will need some modifications to the doorcards, as I will be modifying my existing doorcard with the Light Silvergrey leathers to accept the side blinds.

Item is currently in the UK and will be forwarded here by a shipping company through sea, so will be quite a while before these things arrive to me. No friends coming back for some time soon

Wow, that is impressive. I have been looking around for a set as well. However, all from the US and non want to ship.

i shop on ebay, would you happen to know of any other websites that would help.

Most of my items are from ebay too. there are a few breakers in the UK who is willing to ship worldwide though, Quarry Motors, LK Spares and FABDirect. None have the side blinds currently though.

Wow nice upgrades bro... Really doing up your Aegean very well indeed. :adore:

(This install will need some modifications to the doorcards, as I will be modifying my existing doorcard with the Light Silvergrey leathers to accept the side blinds.)

If you decided to sell you door card, let me know please.

Top Bottom