BMW E39 530i M-Sport Individual Aegean Blue Edition 2003

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Sneak preview of my next project

These are the result of a rather fruitful visit to Haki-Trade Subang on yesterday.

Acquired myself a rear electric blind and switch for the E39 after a few hours browsing through all the metals and junks in the yard.

The rear electric blind. Checked the part number and confirmed to be correct for my car. Made in May 2002 from the label.

6133602376_8343b8ff31_z.jpg

Tested to be working fine using a battery

6133582376_e713bfcf7f_z.jpg

Lucky to find the switch and plug as well on one of the halfcuts

6133582870_0ae35778c0_z.jpg

Rear electric blind RM250

Switch + plug RM30 (bloody cheap, was selling about USD40 in ebay without shipping from US)

I also bought a set of the front brake cover (metal plate behind the brake discs) for RM100 for both sides. Nearly bought new from UK. One of mine is badly corroded and the other has been removed due to metal rubbing sounds. These parts (3,4,5,6,7):

NzY5ODJfcA==.png

Met two other E39 owners looking at the same cars at the same time. One is bro Ismadi from Alor Setar who has a 523i, another bro Jaya (JKP) a forummer here. Had a nice chat with both of them. Funny because 3 guys were looking at the same two E39 halfcuts at the same time. It like 'who sees what first?'. hahahhaa

Bro ... lets say the 'kaki ' ( the metal on right and left that moves back and forth ) of this rear blind broken.. is that possible just to find the kaki or the whole set need to change .

shiva73;670877 said:
Bro ... lets say the 'kaki ' ( the metal on right and left that moves back and forth ) of this rear blind broken.. is that possible just to find the kaki or the whole set need to change .

Change whole set. Hence, DO NOT let your children play with them! hehehe

Bro Haywire, what about the rear board, does it comes together with the blinds?

hky;670911 said:
Bro Haywire, what about the rear board, does it comes together with the blinds?

No it didnt. Need to cut out my existing one. Upon further research I need one more item to complete the original look:

Item No. 11:

51 16 8 184 157 Left parcel shelf cover

51 16 8 184 158 Right parcel shelf cover

MTY4MDY3X3A=.png

Which is the plastic trim which goes to the parcel shelf opening at the end:

6135608126_7c41af9753_z.jpg

Wehoooo no need to mod the rear parcel shelf, I've got a FREE parcel shelf with the cutout for the blind from an M5 owner in UK. Only paying postage to my friend's house in Preston, UK.

This is the parcel shelf (comes out from an M5)

richardp-albums-various-picture10942-dsc-3304.jpg

richardp-albums-various-picture10943-dsc-3305.jpg

So project will be on hold until I get the parcel shelf here. Probably next month. Blind will be parked on top of my cupboard collecting dust

Update: Postage was only £7.62, about RM40 for the parcel shelf. What a bargain! Sending him £8 though hahaha

haywire;671280 said:
Update: Postage was only £7.62, about RM40 for the parcel shelf. What a bargain! Sending him £8 though hahaha

Guess you'll have to re-upholster the shelf. Your interior is in light grey, right bro?

rpmnut;671318 said:
Guess you'll have to re-upholster the shelf. Your interior is in light grey, right bro?

Leather is Light Silvergrey, but its a Sport so the interior linings and roof including the rear shelf is black.

haywire;671321 said:
Leather is Light Silvergrey, but its a Sport so the interior linings and roof including the rear shelf is black.

Damn lucky, bro ;)
If you have a generous soul in UK willing to part with his E39 full-screen navi unit for free, lemme know, K? LOL! :D haha!

rpmnut;671323 said:
Damn lucky, bro ;)
If you have a generous soul in UK willing to part with his E39 full-screen navi unit for free, lemme know, K? LOL! :D haha!

That might be a little bit hard, if I could do that the next thing I'm doing is striking 4D and Lotto LOL :4:

haywire;671325 said:
That might be a little bit hard, if I could do that the next thing I'm doing is striking 4D and Lotto LOL :4:

OK lah. Perhaps no need the Navi unit. E39 high-gloss shadowline trim pun dah memadai! :p :D hahaha

haywire;670858 said:
These are the result of a rather fruitful visit to Haki-Trade Subang on yesterday.

Acquired myself a rear electric blind and switch for the E39 after a few hours browsing through all the metals and junks in the yard.

The rear electric blind. Checked the part number and confirmed to be correct for my car. Made in May 2002 from the label.

6133602376_8343b8ff31_z.jpg

Tested to be working fine using a battery

6133582376_e713bfcf7f_z.jpg

Lucky to find the switch and plug as well on one of the halfcuts

6133582870_0ae35778c0_z.jpg

Rear electric blind RM250

Switch + plug RM30 (bloody cheap, was selling about USD40 in ebay without shipping from US)

I also bought a set of the front brake cover (metal plate behind the brake discs) for RM100 for both sides. Nearly bought new from UK. One of mine is badly corroded and the other has been removed due to metal rubbing sounds. These parts (3,4,5,6,7):

NzY5ODJfcA==.png

Met two other E39 owners looking at the same cars at the same time. One is bro Ismadi from Alor Setar who has a 523i, another bro Jaya (JKP) a forummer here. Had a nice chat with both of them. Funny because 3 guys were looking at the same two E39 halfcuts at the same time. It like 'who sees what first?'. hahahhaa

can i know where is the Haki-Trade in subang? i wanted to look for something as well

Just search on Google Map 'Hakitrade Subang' ans it'll show you straight to the shop. Straight in front of the junction of Jalan Lapangan Terbang Subang Lama and Jalan Dinar U3/1.

Found a few other E39s there as well yesterday, I think there are about 4 E39 front halfcuts and 1 rear. Saw one rear halfcut of a red 8 series too.

You might also want to try MK Autoparts in front of Jusco Kepong. Apparently there's lots of E39s there, gonna check it out sometime this week if time permits.

haywire;671384 said:
Just search on Google Map 'Hakitrade Subang' ans it'll show you straight to the shop. Straight in front of the junction of Jalan Lapangan Terbang Subang Lama and Jalan Dinar U3/1.

Found a few other E39s there as well yesterday, I think there are about 4 E39 front halfcuts and 1 rear. Saw one rear halfcut of a red 8 series too.

You might also want to try MK Autoparts in front of Jusco Kepong. Apparently there's lots of E39s there, gonna check it out sometime this week if time permits.

thanks bro Haywire,

i very near to my working place. will use one of my lunch time to have a look over there.

sewell;671386 said:
thanks bro Haywire,

i very near to my working place. will use one of my lunch time to have a look over there.

Which one? Hakitrade or MK Autoparts?

I dont know what's up with my luck the last few days but I've just found a perfect switch panel which have everything that I need. Guess I dont need to slaughter my existing switch panel to fit in the uni-button switch.

PDC, Blind and DSC on the same switch panel:

6143782931_81425e9fd9_z.jpg

Bought for 40 Euros, free shipping from German eBay. Part number 8 373 775 (does not show up on RealOEM or BMWFans though)

So now when everything gets here, I dont need to splice any wire, just feed the two wires from the rear electric blind to pin 14 and 15 of this switch panel and I'm done.

That is just a pure satisfaction, to be able to retrofit the rear blind with no alterations or harming the wiring in the car, and getting the original look in the car. I can sleep happily now (or maybe cant sleep until these items gets here!)

Top Bottom