BMW E39 530i M-Sport Individual Aegean Blue Edition 2003

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Costs for the job above

From UK:

1) All new original BMW brake discs, pads and sensors - £308 (RM1540)

2) 4 new absorbers (front Sachs Advantage and rear Boge Turbo) - £532 (RM2650)

Parts and labour at Bomin

3) Absorber mounting x2 - RM170

4) Damper x2 - RM70

5) Absorber cover x2 -RM40

6) Spring pad x2 - RM90

7) Side rod/tie rod x2 (TRW) -RM300

8) Lower arm x2 (TRW) - RM500

9) Link rod/drop link x2 (Lemforder) - RM170

10) Steering billow/tie rod cover x2 (Lemforder)- RM110

11) Labour to replace all of above - RM380

Alignment

12) Alignment at nearby shop - RM80

Grand total - RM6100 :thefinger:

Eggie86;665653 said:
Nice updates bro!

Wah, it's as though Xmas and Raya came early for you this time around! :biggrin:

Wait a minute, I'm only half done for the day hehehehe.

Slow internet connection at my kampung now, just came back early for Raya.

Ah you're back in Sg Petani? Nice.

No worries, will wait with bated breath for the remainder of the goodies! :top:

Installation of rear seatbelt, wiring of Intravee, Alpine KCA-420i and Lumidock (DIY)

Arrived at home from Bomin for the job earlier just in time for buka puasa, rest a while, and went back down to my car for some DIY time. I need to travel back to Kedah early next morning so I was determined to finish the job that night (Saturday night). At about 10pm I disassembled my centre console for the installation of Lumidock. Didnt take any pictures of the dissassembly, but you can find the details here:

http://lumidock.com/install-pictorial-ezp-3.html?chapter=2

6067083808_9ed10c8aa2_z.jpg

Centre console removed from the car

6066540165_e7728fd575_z.jpg

Hole position for the iPod PassThrough connector marked on the cigarette ash compartment bottom

6067084020_eba17408ba_z.jpg

Here I am attacking parts of my car with the Makita drill again.

6067084262_7245233336_z.jpg

Two holes at each end made.

6066540687_87dfb9cb4d_z.jpg

Making good use of my Dremel tool.

6066540801_10d968ab80_z.jpg

Bottom hole completed, now for the top part

6067084698_44a6cd3ba6_z.jpg

Top part done, have to use the drill again for this part as the Dremel saw couldn't access it. Dremel was used later to tidy the hole.

6066541063_abbbb64f06_z.jpg

The Lumidock that I bought. ///M

6067084924_7caff13735_z.jpg

The Lumidock went into the cigarette ash compartment. Very good and snug fit.

At about 12pm/am I went back down to my car and started to disassemble some more parts. I need to wire the Intravee, Alpine KCA-420i and the Lumidock from the boot to the front of the car. Also I need to replace the broken (cut-off) rear seat belt.

6067085156_2c18765e60_z.jpg

Broken seat belt. Somebody (most probably port worker) who stole my baby seat in the car at the port when I brought the car back from UK cut off the seatbelt to take the baby seat out. Damn buggers. If you wanna steal it just take it out properly la, sheesh.

6067085068_aab9f49dc4_z.jpg

Rear seats and C-pillar out

6066541551_46cc29e5af_z.jpg

Parcel shelf out

6067085452_a34648290b_z.jpg

The cut-off rear seat belt

6066541847_3a535037d1_z.jpg

Cut-off rear seat belt and its replacement. Had to buy from UK as there's none in grey colour here. Seat belts replaced, now back to the Intravee system wiring.

6067085752_6ac8a486f9_z.jpg

The Intravee and KCA-420i unit has been sitting in my boot for about 3 weeks, needs proper wiring now.

6067085898_daa7a049d7_z.jpg

How my car looks at about 4am on Sunday morning. What a mess. Rear seats out, parcel shelf out, C-pillars out, side trims out, glove box out, sat-nav screen out, aircond control out, DSC/PDC panel out, cupholders out, centre console out!!

There was a really tight opening behind the sat-nav screen for the wiring to be accessed, so I have to take out all the items above. Wiring from the rear to the front is pretty much the same as the one when I did the AV inputs, that can be seen here

Was quite 'haywired' at this time, its nearing sahur so didnt take much photos! After wiring done everything is put back together nicely.

6067086088_7cd3df04cb_z.jpg

Wiring in the boot tidied up. The Intravee units sits on the removed CD Changer bracket nicely.

All job done at 5.20am, just in time for sahur. Nice.

Lumidock appeareance

This is how the Lumidock looks in my car at night:

6066542585_28e13a60f1_z.jpg

Without the iPod

6067086440_71510cdf7e_z.jpg

With the iPod on. Sits just nicely.

6066542783_8fb8c87fe4_z.jpg

The cable connection between the Lumidock/KCA-420i/Apple AV out currently sits near my left knee. I've no luck yet with the splitter, I've got the items but somehow the wiring wasnt done properly so it doesnt work. But at least for now I could change from mp3 playing and video within easy access, rather than keeping it in the glove box which I couldn't really reach.

All in all happy with the work and its appearance.

haywire;665666 said:
The cable connection between the Lumidock/KCA-420i/Apple AV out currently sits near my left knee. I've no luck yet with the splitter, I've got the items but somehow the wiring wasnt done properly so it doesnt work. But at least for now I could change from mp3 playing and video within easy access, rather than keeping it in the glove box which I couldn't really reach.

Bro, so the circuit doesn't work? Let me know..

aidilj;665667 said:
Bro, so the circuit doesn't work? Let me know..

Errr...I dont know if the wiring doesnt work, or its my bad soldering, or maybe I mess up and change pins 1-30 the other way round. I'm not sure how to tell which is pin 1 and which is pin 30? I probably need to desolder everything and do it again once I have more time. Need to buy a new male connector as I think I messed that one up good.

For the tiny female connector soldering, I tried it myself and totally messed it up, good that I bought and extra one and had it done at a phone repair shop. Those are still usable I think.

Original BMW brake pads are marked "R" (right) and "L" (left). Hope mechanic at Bomin installed it correctly.

Sach & Boge absorbers are marked with both letters "R" and "L". If installed on the right side, then mechanic need to turn absorber to "R" position.

Haywire, u re awesome! U even can change the absorber yourself la..Bazir tak jadi mechanic.

congrats on your newly born baby ...and the car pictures definately shows how passionate you are ... great work and thanks for sharing as always

bmw7833;665686 said:
Haywire, u re awesome! U even can change the absorber yourself la..Bazir tak jadi mechanic.

Haha, probably can if I have the proper tools, and a ramp/ proper jack. Anyway interior job is quite easy la with proper guidance from the net.

haywire;665668 said:
Errr...I dont know if the wiring doesnt work, or its my bad soldering, or maybe I mess up and change pins 1-30 the other way round. I'm not sure how to tell which is pin 1 and which is pin 30? I probably need to desolder everything and do it again once I have more time. Need to buy a new male connector as I think I messed that one up good.

For the tiny female connector soldering, I tried it myself and totally messed it up, good that I bought and extra one and had it done at a phone repair shop. Those are still usable I think.

I've sent you a pm about the pinout. There's an extra male connector in my stash, let me know your address and I will mail it.

aidilj;665947 said:
I've sent you a pm about the pinout. There's an extra male connector in my stash, let me know your address and I will mail it.

Thanks bro, I'll PM you my address.

Can stop grinning everytime I drive the car now, feels really tight and solid although the rear absorbers hasnt been sorted yet. Made such a big difference to change all those tired mountings, absorbers and arms...

haywire, just wanted to let you know that i always enjoy popping in here once in a while to admire your handiwork and DIY mods.
car's looking great with the new lumi-toy :)

and congrats on your new family addition too!

Just found the bit that was supposed to connect to the headlight auto levelling sensor on my car, that I saw the other day at Bomin:

6065432129_169d2d6139_z.jpg

This bit was missing:

image_17992_big.jpg

Part number 31-12-1-092-883 - Front angle joint for headlight vertical aim sensor

Costs RM180 for such a small bit of metal! Probably just as long as a key. Gotta replace it to rectify my low-dipping headlights.

rafamr;666530 said:
Haywire, which part of the car benda tu? auto levelling sensor...

That part is attached to the front and rear arms, equipped on cars with the auto-levelling headlight. It will detect how low or high the car is sitting, or how tilted the car is (for example if you load the boot with bricks and the car tilted backwards due to the weight) and adjust the height of the beam automatically. No knob in the car interior to adjust headlight height.

The bit on my front is missing, the rears is still in place. Hence the front sensor arm (plastic) is pointing downwards without the metal bit, indicating the car is sitting high and tilted backwards so my headlight was always dipping low whatever I do with the manual adjustment on the headlight.

This is another picture from the net, indicating the broken arm (metal part still attached to the arm).

Item A is the plastic arm, attached to the sensor, Item B is the broken metal arm, connected to the lower arm

attachment.php

Location of the sensor on the front right suspension, item in red circle with the metal arm missing

6076526957_a52424b380_z.jpg

Its very interesting to have, dunno abt this gadget before. I have a serious low-dipping headlight that every time travelling on Lebuh Raya Pantai Timur at nite i need to tumpang light from the car infront of me! haishhh..

Top Bottom