BMW E39 530i M-Sport Individual Aegean Blue Edition 2003

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Fireuz;640837 said:
Bro, the labor charge for the oil filter housing gasket is RM100? Even expensive than the gasket itself? Is it so hard to change it?

To change it the alternator and eveything on that side is taken out. Quite labourious. And then cleaning from the leaking oil as well

I haven't had a look in here in ages, just realised it has become a sticky. Wonder why..

Bro Haywire, i guess its a sticky coz ur e39 is the next benchmark for all other e39 owners like myself, after Initial M's..

deep3102;647912 said:
Bro Haywire, i guess its a sticky coz ur e39 is the next benchmark for all other e39 owners like myself, after Initial M's..

Kekeke... Congrats!

Haywire, your Aegean is probably the only one of its kind here in Malaysia.

I daresay, probably even rarer than the E39 M5! :biggrin:

Okay, long time with no update.

I am really busy with work at the moment, and for the last few months been busy with family gatherings and whatnots and not really been able to give any attention to the car. Nothing much interesting happening with it, apart from the little misadventure with the cooling system last month. After I replaced the the radiators and the other stuffs, went to Kelantan, and on the way back I my expansion tank bursts in Pekan, Pahang late afternoon on a Sunday. No choice but glued it back and continued my journey back to KL. Replaced new Behr expansion tank at Bomin, along with two bleed screws and all is good. Now need to do another oil change, considering replacing the Vanos seals and the valve gaskets together this time.

Anyway I've ordered a full original BMW brake set from UK yesterday, along with all 4 new Sach Super Touring absorbers to replace my current absorbers and some other bits too. Some may know that my front passenger side absorber is leaking at the moment. Also ordered a couple of Bosch pre-cat O2 sensors from US today. The container from UK with my stuff should be here middle of next month, the O2 sensors should be here next week. Some underbody arms needs attention too at the moment, but thats cheaper locally so I'll be buying those here.

During one of the TTs we looked at the live MAF readings of my car and it seems quite high, I'll try replacing my confirmed kaputed o2 sensors first and see if the MAF readings improved, if not probably the MAF will need replacing too.

Intravee II, Alpine KCA-420i iPod adapter and associated cabling ordered. Waiting for arrival and DIY installation.

Needs to order the Lumidock now.

haywire;655938 said:
Intravee II, Alpine KCA-420i iPod adapter and associated cabling ordered. Waiting for arrival and DIY installation.

Needs to order the Lumidock now.

Woohoo good news! Must choose expedited shipping for this one.

Lumidock ordered too now:

a9aa5075af4a3eba81b51ba08e0e3092.image.200x116.jpg

This one without the Apple logo

haywire;655955 said:
Lumidock ordered too now:

a9aa5075af4a3eba81b51ba08e0e3092.image.200x116.jpg

This one without the Apple logo

That's fast, the intravee introduces an expansion capability to the current system. Congrats.

The KCA-420i iPod adapter arrived today, and I just found out that the 5m Ai-Net cable comes with it. Duh.

5977048176_c5033a0f84_z.jpg

Previously I thought the KCA-420i comes with a short Ai-Net cable, so need to buy a long one separately. Now I have an extra 5m Ai-Net cable for sale.

The Intravee and Ai-Net cable arrived in KLIA yesterday, so should expect to arrive to me soon.

kayzhen911;629586 said:
bro haywire....
u know if anyone is selling their MPars 18"
whether ori or MIG?

there's still 1 active ad in mudah.....was considering that one but I settled for 19"s for this raya :D

Intravee II and extra Ai-Net cable arrived today..5 mins ago. Will try tonight. Cant wait though!

Intravee installed and working in my car. But currently everything is bundled up in the boot, no time to wire the KCA-420i to the front yet. Lumidock has also arrived.

Now my car folds the side mirrors by itself upon locking and unfolds upon unlocking, and much easier to unlock the car using the extra features of the Intravee.

Only gripe is the KCA-420i limitation that can only display 511 artists in the list on the screen, I had double the artist numbers at about 1100 artists. Tried tidying up some Artist names (lots of duplicates) and got it down to about 800 artists now. Need to do some more cleaning up later.

Next project is building a bespoke splitter to use the Apple AV adapter and KCA-420i together with the Lumidock as there is no such product in the market:

6020934704_2c5e690c29_z.jpg

The splitter I am making is the items in the dotted line in the diagram above. Items ordered and awaiting arrival.

Thanks to bro Aidilj for his help in figuring out the connections for the ipod dock connector, I'll post the details when its fully assembled and working in the car.

Changed vanos seals and valve cover gasket

Done at Optimum last Saturday. Met a fellow E39'er Faris (?) with a red 1997 528i converted to 540i M-sport! Forgot to take pictures of his car though.

So here's the vanos replacement:

6021494708_b20f69534b_z.jpg

Before starting, letting the engine cool off a while

6020940263_9feefb1210_z.jpg

Valve cover opened, looks quite aligned to the naked eye (to me anyway)

6020940433_63a7896fff_z.jpg

Now I know its off by about a third of the block

6020940687_c95cf06fdc_z.jpg

Realigned, now get to the Vanos

6021495550_744ec72430_z.jpg

Everything disassembled and cleaned

6020941147_02cc122226_z.jpg

Dried

6020941399_4a2b00b62a_z.jpg

Old Vanos seals cut off. It was really hard and brittle compared to the new Vanos seals.

6020941649_ba6675aacf_z.jpg

Vanos piston without the Vanos seals

6021496468_1077efc692_z.jpg

New Beisan Vanos seals

6021496712_dfdbf9b7b1_z.jpg

New Vanos seals on the piston

6021496964_e7d77ec82d_z.jpg

Aligning the chain using special tools

6021497172_7ae3712604_z.jpg

Brace for re-tightening the screws and bolts

6021497496_414562f694_z.jpg

Vanos goes back on, and then reassembling the valve cover.

All done, RM250 labour for the Vanos seals replacement.

Did an oil change too and other small things.

Windscreen water jet tube that I changed at Happy Motors in February didnt last long, was all brittle and broken off. Changed new pipe again, looks like same material but in black at Optimum too. Hope this new one lasts.

Old one 6 months after installation:

6021497734_105f46c761_z.jpg

Hope this new one doesnt break off so soon.

So with new Beisan vanos seals, how's the car performing? The new water jet hose if ori would last at least 5 years.

herbert;661804 said:
So with new Beisan vanos seals, how's the car performing? The new water jet hose if ori would last at least 5 years.

Didnt feel anything at first, but as more miles covered, low-RPM acceleration improves to the point that I can actually feel it. To be honest I was quite skeptical on the improvement since reading some comments from those who did it who didnt feel any difference. But to be able to actually feel the improvement in acceleration changed my view totally. There is noticeable improvement.

Non-ori replacement tube though, Optimum didnt have any that day but they said its gonna cost over a hundred (Ah Fai said so). The arm length black tube cost me RM20.

Birth of my second son

My wife just gave birth to my second son this morning at 7.12am. Both mum and baby seemed fine but still awaiting further checks.

I guess no TT for me for a while then..

Top Bottom