BMW E39 530i M-Sport Individual Aegean Blue Edition 2003

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Changed to black grille the other day:

5260136624_8aa32e0ef3.jpg

I think price of Aegean Editions are going upwards in the UK...this one is for sale now for GBP9,995. When I was looking for mine, similar mileage Aegean Editions are around 7k-8k, but I guess they are harder to get in good condition these days and price is going up.

Glad that I bought mine for GBP5,300 (very nearly half price) hehe.

5268256478_10225c04d1_b.jpg

haywire;590603 said:
I think price of Aegean Editions are going upwards in the UK...this one is for sale now for GBP9,995. When I was looking for mine, similar mileage Aegean Editions are around 7k-8k, but I guess they are harder to get in good condition these days and price is going up.

Glad that I bought mine for GBP5,300 (very nearly half price) hehe.

5268256478_10225c04d1_b.jpg

Haha, you got yours at a steal bro! :4:

Fixed my CD Changer 'No Disc' Error

Since the car was shipped from UK I can't use the CD changer, it was working fine while it was in the UK but from the day that I got it back in Malaysia the CD changer was showing 'No Disc' although it was full with 6 CD inside that was working fine before. At first I thought the CD got damaged with the heat on the ship and in the port, or the lens got contaminated with the salt content while at sea. Upon opening it up and observing its behaviour, I can see that the part that pulls the CD from its magazine is not moving when its checking the CD. The CD stayed in the magazine, hence the changer thought there's no CD inside. Took the whole CD changer out from the car, gave it a 'phisiotheraphy' a bit and while at it I cleaned the CD laser as well.

5269640061_88d48ec7a0_b.jpg

CD changer still in the boot. Took 3 screws out from the sides (should've been 4 but 1 is missing I think) and slide it out. Disconnect 2 cables from the bottom.

5269639817_71ca988ac6_b.jpg

CD Changer out

5269639587_cd85b6256d_b.jpg

CD changer details for future reference

5269639181_d725b2cc25_b.jpg

Took the CD changer apart. Only screws here and there, and spring mechanism that suspends the changer in its cover

5269639357_9e747939b5_b.jpg

5269640267_999fdc3279_b.jpg

This is the culprit. The part that pulls the CD out from its magazine. Perhaps because of non-movement for about 4 months it became stuck in its place, so what I did is move the part slowly back and forth a few times until it loosens up a bit (gave it a phisiotheraphy). Test it by connecting it up to the system and voila! Everything works fine. Put everything back together and install back in the car.

5270247390_c033282f12_b.jpg

CD Changer now working normally. Very happy now :cool:

2nd..? who is the numero UNO ?

Been reading the diy done by haywire on his e39 (since i am also driving one..), honestly, i am preety impressed !! Especially the tv monitor and the sat-nav..
Here, it shall cost you a bomb man! Quoted nearly rm6k ..and up until rm8k with full other stuffs..

Haywire , met you and others at MMZ just now, but dont have the time to tgk2 your e39 bcoz of hujan and demo by bro KC..Hope can catch up with you later!!

naharnms;591075 said:

Been reading the diy done by haywire on his e39 (since i am also driving one..), honestly, i am preety impressed !! Especially the tv monitor and the sat-nav..
Here, it shall cost you a bomb man! Quoted nearly rm6k ..and up until rm8k with full other stuffs..

Haywire , met you and others at MMZ just now, but dont have the time to tgk2 your e39 bcoz of hujan and demo by bro KC..Hope can catch up with you later!!

Hi bro, I noticed you when you introduced yourself to me just now, but by the end of the session I forgot already which one was you. There's too many people to remember!

BTW most of the toys already come with the car, I only added some minor stuff only. Mostly DIY because I'm too cheap to send to mechanics hehe. Everything is available on the net so why send to mechanics/accessory workshop when you know more than them.

naharnms;591075 said:

For me, Jarance is the NO.1..huhuhuhh...:smokin:

Solivate is selling the kit in RM6K bro..:hmmmm:

Oh yes.. Unker Jarance Rocks !!! Still remember during the early days of TT at Subang jaya (near sjmc) where he checked in one of the forummer's headlight !

Haywire - haha, dont worry.. we shall meet again ..but this time i really want to sit in your car and test the gear paddle shift !!

I had the same 'No disc" problem. Just didn't bother to do anything until I came across your DIY. Well, it took me 3 hours to do mine. Found out its the same culprit as yours. Decided to use some oil on the joints. No! bad decision. The changer got stuck again just after few tests. Probably that was the reason it got stuck in the first place; the original grease was sort of melted and the fragile parts were somewhat attached to each other. Have a go at it the second time. Cleaned and dried everything; this time it took me only 45 minutes. Seems to be working fine. Yeay!! Its been 4 days now....... until it got stuck again this afternoon!! Ohh Well...

Mine's still working until now..i didnt add any grease or anything, just moved it back and forth a few times

Thanx haywire-diy-man!

I am so gonna try this on my changer. Its been showing the same no disc thing also.

minivan;592044 said:
Thanx haywire-diy-man!

I am so gonna try this on my changer. Its been showing the same no disc thing also.

I didnt know it was quite common fault here. Perhaps because of the weather?

I'm arranging to buy the replacement rear seat belt and car jack from UK for £30 only including postage (RM150). Thats really cheap considering the guy selling on Mudah.my is asking for RM190 for the jack alone...

No update for quite a while..nothing interesting and busy with work. Yesterday finally sent the car for touching up of the rust issues at the front, repainting the whole bonnet, bumper, roof and side mirror at a paint shop in Kota Damansara as recommended by bro Yazmeen.

haywire;599823 said:
No update for quite a while..nothing interesting and busy with work. Yesterday finally sent the car for touching up of the rust issues at the front, repainting the whole bonnet, bumper, side and side mirror at a paint shop in Kota Damansara as recommended by bro Yazmeen.

Wow, repaint ah.. Can't wait for the end result! Sure more kilat. :4:

Collected the car today..

Collected the car today from the paint shop..Quite satisfied with the job, the new paint blend seamlessly with the old one. Even got both my fenders painted free of charge and all other imperfection taken out with no extra charge. First time customer he says.

5377634333_6976123413_b.jpg

The bit of rust sanded down

5378233518_5b9952b779_b.jpg

All the plastic trims and others taken out. This is before the full sandpaper job.

5377635023_7e487ea6d8_b.jpg

5377635413_aeeaedfc52_b.jpg

The finished job. Loving the shine!

5377635693_fdc45089c9_b.jpg

5378235042_3b06a0f1b5_b.jpg

5378235452_7a09ae704e_b.jpg

I even got a small can of paint leftovers taken home just in case the paint got stone chip in the future...:D

Very happy now...

Got the seats and the rims to do next cosmetically.

Top Bottom