bmw e36 no power

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

saintdagon

Club Guest
hey guys,everytime when the temperature is low(below the middle mark),my car will feel lethargic,feel like the car has no power,but when the car reach the centre mark-normall temperature,it is ok again,why like that ar?can anyone enlighten me?i had posted the photo when my car has low temperature.
DSC_0034.jpg

step harder on the pedal .... seems like you're kindda slow which caused ya car to be lethargic...

ICEMAN 13;459792 said:
step harder on the pedal .... seems like you're kindda slow which caused ya car to be lethargic...

its not abt stepping hard on the pedal,please try to be constructive in your reply,thanks!!

saintdagon;459929 said:
its not abt stepping hard on the pedal,please try to be constructive in your reply,thanks!!

Aiiyah...he's merely joking with you larr..why people nowdays so serious one...
After all you're a 'Saint' don't you...:rolleyes:...btw he's driving E36...

Mr.Saint,to my knowledge(which isn't much la) most engines are a little sluggish especially when it hasn't reached it's optimum temperature.Infact even the gearbox needs a bit of warm up before you start trashing.

While the newer engines need a shorter warm up time,the older ones takes a little longer la.Sluggish in this case can be very subjective too_One thing you can be sure is not to expect your engine to be at peak performance when it's still cold.

Also, according to the manual, you should not let the engine warm up before driving off, after you've started your car.
Just drive off, but don't hard rev the engine. Once the temperature is optimum, you can visit the Vanos zone.

but if i just start and drive off,the car will be really sluggish,so usualy i wait till the car warm up till the temperature hit the middle mark.

John_Smith;460106 said:
Also, according to the manual, you should not let the engine warm up before driving off, after you've started your car.
Just drive off, but don't hard rev the engine. Once the temperature is optimum, you can visit the Vanos zone.

What I meant by warming up is not to start and sit in the garage till it reaches the optimum temperature but to just cruise along gently till it gets there and then you can visit the Vanos or Anus zone also ok.The manual tells you many things that you may have to mildly improvise as your car ages.

ok thanks guys for the reply,really appreciate it,at least i know it is common for e36 to feel sluggish when at below optimum temperature,i thot that maybe some fuel control part is not working when the temperature is low

saintdagon;460316 said:
ok thanks guys for the reply,really appreciate it,at least i know it is common for e36 to feel sluggish when at below optimum temperature,i thot that maybe some fuel control part is not working when the temperature is low

Rest assured that it's not just the e36 but a host of other vehicles too both new and old

Guna;460308 said:
ok,cool.You know la how some things are wrongly misinterpreted....

Yeah, especially in online world. :)

Anyway, I agree with Guna. Cars, both new and old will feel sluggish, when it's not warmed up to its optimum operating temperature.

if you are using the open pod air filter, u should consider to put back the original CAI...unless your open pot do have a heat sheild, that's a different story.....

saintdagon;459929 said:

bro ...with your attached picture ...seems your ride is just starting to move ..

below 1K RPM and 1.5 mpg needle ....what else can i say rather than step hard on the pedal ...

...and as some says you need to warm up further ...yup totally agree but then depends on individual....

if you want more constructive reply .... well google around then

guys...
i also have a same problem...
but it happen only when i drive for a long range. as if from kl n i drive straight to taiping( balik kampung last raya)
and suddenly my car was stuck an become semput. what i do is i stop my car, off it n on it back and everything wil go fine. any idea about that?

thanx for any help n sorry thread starter if i use ur page

erdrag00n;460900 said:
guys...
i also have a same problem...
but it happen only when i drive for a long range. as if from kl n i drive straight to taiping( balik kampung last raya)
and suddenly my car was stuck an become semput. what i do is i stop my car, off it n on it back and everything wil go fine. any idea about that?

thanx for any help n sorry thread starter if i use ur page

That my friend sounds like a completely different problem and I'm sure it has nothing to do with the engine being not warmed up.You ought to get to the right mechanic and get that checked before it dies on you in the middle of Timbuktu:wink:

Top Bottom