BCM E9X Picture Thread

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I did not change the suspension/absorber yet. Just changed the springs. Thinking to change it once my stock absorbers "kaput", maybe in another 1 year time I guess. Will most likely change it to Koni FSD absorbers. Heard a lot of good things about the combo between Eibach Pro-Kit with Koni FSD.

So now running with stock abs + eibach pro kit. Drop is just nice for me. Not too low. The drop is approximately 25mm rear and 30mm front. I guess it will drop further by another few mm once it's fully settle down in another week or two or a month.

Ride comfort.... definitely much better compare to stock with 17" RFT. Now with the 18" non RFT with eibach, the ride comfort is still much better than stock springs with 17" RFT. Comparing between 18" non RFT with stock springs & 18" non RFT with eibach springs, I would say the ride is slightly stiffer and ride comfort retained. Handling has improved. However it is a little bit of bouncy when travelling at high speed. Could be due to to stock abs.

I must agree with E46F that it looks like a nice drop! I got the bouncy problem with my M-Sports too but on 18" Bridgestones RFT.

No offence pls, actually I find M-Sports drop is not so attractive (just my personal opinion/preference). Saw it on your car & Cobra Kai's car the other day when we met up. The drop is not much of different as compare with stock. Hence I go for the Eibach and will later pair it with Koni FSD. A lot of people is telling me that Eibach + Koni FSD will provide better ride quality compare with M-Sports. In fact I PM Meinauto on his M-Tuned Suspension that is up for sale but did not receive any reply from him yet. So I went ahead with installing the Eibach.

David, looks good.

Give the springs ample time to settle in. Initially, there is a lot of bumpiness/unsettledness but that'll soon go away. I actually think my car absorbs hard bumps better with the pro-kits. The ride is a tad firmer, feels more sporty - let's face it folks, the standard ride wasn't exactly Lexus plush to begin with so it's not like we're losing a lot with the slight bump in firmness :rolleyes:

Handlingwise, the car definitely feels more planted in the corners and the steering more direct. Best $250 I spent on my car.

On increased wear on the stock shocks, the jury is still out. I suspect with the moderate drop and the progressive nature of the springs, we're not talking about significant degradation in the stock shocks' lifespan.

Here are some recent pics of my car, the ride height is a little lower than my earlier pics. Overall a nice classy drop, even with the splitters I don't have to worry so much about scraping them on reasonable inclines/declines.

Spring20Install20and20drive20200720.jpg

DSC04861.jpg

David Yong;221571 said:
No offence pls, actually I find M-Sports drop is not so attractive (just my personal opinion/preference). Saw it on your car & Cobra Kai's car the other day when we met up. The drop is not much of different as compare with stock. Hence I go for the Eibach and will later pair it with Koni FSD. A lot of people is telling me that Eibach + Koni FSD will provide better ride quality compare with M-Sports. In fact I PM Meinauto on his M-Tuned Suspension that is up for sale but did not receive any reply from him yet. So I went ahead with installing the Eibach.

I think the specs for the E90 M sport 335i is different from the E90 M sport 325i. The N52 is ~60kgs lighter than the N54 on the 335i. Anyway, I was very happy with the M sport on the E46 as the lowering was so practical and ride comfort was very good. Only a slight drop. My personal taste is a bit different, and I like a milder drop (the Eibachs are not too low IMHO) instead of a more slammed look. The slammed look is nicer if the car is all pimped out with more aggressive kits and larger wheels and agressive offsets. However, overtime the car looks worn and abused esp when the car ages. The sport packages on the Mercs, BMWs, Volvos etc does not give the worn look, and continues to be evergreen and a classy sporty look. Different strokes for different folks :).

E46Fanatic;221702 said:
I think the specs for the E90 M sport 335i is different from the E90 M sport 325i. The N52 is ~60kgs lighter than the N54 on the 335i. Anyway, I was very happy with the M sport on the E46 as the lowering was so practical and ride comfort was very good. Only a slight drop. My personal taste is a bit different, and I like a milder drop (the Eibachs are not too low IMHO) instead of a more slammed look. The slammed look is nicer if the car is all pimped out with more aggressive kits and larger wheels and agressive offsets. However, overtime the car looks worn and abused esp when the car ages. The sport packages on the Mercs, BMWs, Volvos etc does not give the worn look, and continues to be evergreen and a classy sporty look. Different strokes for different folks :).

Yeah, u have said out exactly to my thought all these while. Yup, the right word is "practical" drop. I also dun like it to be too low. The drop now on my car is just exactly what I have been looking forward too. Same goes for the ride quality :)

E46Fanatic;221702 said:

The 335 suspension can be used for any 6-potter E90. This was verified by the BMW ETK. Also, if one were to purchase a KWV2 for a 325, it is exactly the same set as the set for the 335...but like you said, different strokes for different folks :)

KW V2 (RM 7,000) is a bit expensive mod for me. I just need a decent drop (not too aggressive) and practical. Eibach Pro-Kit + Koni FSD = RM 4,100 max.

Juan Powerblow;221777 said:
The other option is the KW V2 but at almost RM7k for the whole, it's very expensive.

...and the Bilstein PSS9s.

The thing about coilovers is the range of adjustments you can make to suit your preference. Also, you can adjust the front ride height to give you equal fender gap from front to rear. With springs, often the front still looks more airy than the rear (design of the car).

meinauto;221790 said:
The 335 suspension can be used for any 6-potter E90. This was verified by the BMW ETK. Also, if one were to purchase a KWV2 for a 325, it is exactly the same set as the set for the 335...but like you said, different strokes for different folks :)

While they share the same part no's for struts, roll bars etc, I think the spring rates depends on the spec of the car if I remember right due to weight differences between different engines, transmissions, accessories etc. It's usually chosen from a BMW coil spring table in the spare parts catalog. Quite unique for BMW suspension systems vs. Aftermarket.

Maybe our E9x guru can share some of his thoughts :).

Also I found different specs of sports suspension for the E90. There are Sports Suspension part nos, Sports Suspension - Poor road package parts and M sports Suspension parts. Interesting...

E46Fanatic;221898 said:
While they share the same part no's for struts, roll bars etc, I think the spring rates depends on the spec of the car if I remember right due to weight differences between different engines, transmissions, accessories etc. It's usually chosen from a BMW coil spring table in the spare parts catalog. Quite unique for BMW suspension systems vs. Aftermarket.

Maybe our E9x guru can share some of his thoughts :).

Also I found different specs of sports suspension for the E90. There are Sports Suspension part nos, Sports Suspension - Poor road package parts and M sports Suspension parts. Interesting...

Aiks! If that's the case, what does the E90 Sports come with? M Sports or just Sports suspension setting???

E46Fanatic;221898 said:
While they share the same part no's for struts, roll bars etc, I think the spring rates depends on the spec of the car if I remember right due to weight differences between different engines, transmissions, accessories etc.

I did a check with AB on subject and they said that suspension for e92 335i & e90 325i is not the same and it's not suitable due to weight differences in engine & transmission.

E46F....actually I'm not quite sure lol

I'll check with some sources...

what can i say man, Juan Powerblow, your coupe is gorgeousssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are one lucky dude!

Well, thanks whalesith! I'm beginning to enjoy it more now that the engine is runned-in. There's just that added novelty of it being quite rare in Malaysia. I hope to see some E93s in our growing community soon too!

Thought I'd just put up some pics of my ride b4 the fun starts..
You know..a b4 n after thing..all stock standard..at the moment!!!

E90002.jpg

E90006.jpg

E90010.jpg

Top Bottom