Any performance filters to recommend? F30 328i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

rishi2503

Recently bought a 2012 F30 328i. I'm planning to do it up slowly and am currently looking for a performance air filter. A shop was recommending BMC but they had issues installing it due to the sensors.

Can anyone recommend a performance air system that doesnt require fiddling around with the sensors and under $3k?

I was doing some research and googling around for an air filter replacement on my F10 LCI as well. Apparently, it doesn't bring a lot of improvements apart from the additional sound it produces. Therefore, I decided to stick with stock air filter.

Thanks. I read some earlier posts and people seem to recommend going to Torque Tuning for their drop in air filters. Either K&B or JETEX. To be honest I'm not looking for max HP gain. Just an improvement on sound and maybe 2-5hp.

jason@bwchiptune said:
A performance air filter will not give any gains apart from noise
Remapping these is the best way to get more power
These will go to 275-280bhp
Remapping would certainly give the best results but just curious, do we also need to upgrade our intercooler, downpipes, etc to achieve 275-280bhp? The other concern would be warranty because I believe we need to remove the ECU so it can be remapped?

aoch88 said:
Remapping would certainly give the best results but just curious, do we also need to upgrade our intercooler, downpipes, etc to achieve 275-280bhp? The other concern would be warranty because I believe we need to remove the ECU so it can be remapped?
You wouldn't need any hardware upgrades if you are going for stage 1 Remap.

I hope you are referring to 275-280hp on crank.

Stage 1 remap for F30 328i gets you about 250-255whp (on wheel) and 370-380Nm. This is the average gains that I see from Stage 1 remap.

Then again if warranty is a concern then a plug and play piggyback would be a better option.

Top Bottom